AQA A2 MFP2 Further Pure 2 – 24th June [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

I'm so f****d for this exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by PiTheta97

Posted from TSR Mobile

M8 I can't even revise for this exam till Tuesday and then I got 2 exams on Friday morning
Reply 62

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was planning to wing this one because I thought I'd smash FP3 and M3 but that didn't happen
Reply 63
Original post by C0balt
I was planning to wing this one because I thought I'd smash FP3 and M3 but that didn't happen

I know how you feel! Should still be okay with 80+ in this module, which I really hope I get, if I don't I'll be very disappointed in myself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by jjsnyder
I know how you feel! Should still be okay with 80+ in this module, which I really hope I get, if I don't I'll be very disappointed in myself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still have M2 but that is also unreliable at this point :lol: I'm hoping for 85+ assuming I can get high 90 in M2...I hope....
Original post by C0balt
I still have M2 but that is also unreliable at this point :lol: I'm hoping for 85+ assuming I can get high 90 in M2...I hope....

What is it you find hardest about FP2?
Reply 66
Original post by IrrationalRoot
What is it you find hardest about FP2?

I don't know to be honest
not panicking and not make silly mistakes and finishing in time probably :lol:
Original post by C0balt
I don't know to be honest
not panicking and not make silly mistakes and finishing in time probably :lol:

Oh right. There'll probably be a lot more wacky questions in this paper too, examiners having more and more fun with the papers every year :biggrin:.
Reply 68
Oh right. There'll probably be a lot more wacky questions in this paper too, examiners having more and more fun with the papers every year :biggrin:.

and then my panic and year 7 level silly mistakes kick in :tongue:
Reply 69

More and more fun yet boundaries don't seem to lower. But yeah I'm excited to see what they throw at us, hopefully if my brain is in gear it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
and then my panic and year 7 level silly mistakes kick in :tongue:

Happens with me too, except only when the exam is really important lol.
More and more fun yet boundaries don't seem to lower. But yeah I'm excited to see what they throw at us, hopefully if my brain is in gear it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah even if you do get stuck you can always remember, this question can't be as hard as a STEP Q :smile:.
But I do like a good challenge, hopefully they'll throw in some fun stuff in the arc length and surface area integration :biggrin:.
Reply 72
Yeah even if you do get stuck you can always remember, this question can't be as hard as a STEP Q :smile:.
But I do like a good challenge, hopefully they'll throw in some fun stuff in the arc length and surface area integration :biggrin:.

Yeah exactly, I struggle to see anything they can I've that's going to be anywhere near step, yeah let's hope for a really hard integral! (Like 15 marks worth hopefully :P). Oh and also for nice values, it really annoys me when papers are full of answers with numbers to 5dp etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah exactly, I struggle to see anything they can I've that's going to be anywhere near step, yeah let's hope for a really hard integral! (Like 15 marks worth hopefully :P). Oh and also for nice values, it really annoys me when papers are full of answers with numbers to 5dp etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is true, for example the stupid fractions at the start of this year's FP3 paper left me doubting myself for ages, even my teacher was like, why are they making the numbers so horrible on the first question which is meant to have nice numbers?
Was hoping to get a good A in FP3 so I could sort of **** up on this one a bit but that clearly isn't the case so going to have to revise a ****load for this on Tues/Weds/Thurs
M1 done so now to try and learn the entirety of this exam in 2.5 days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
how's everyone feeling for this? what do people find most difficult
Original post by Jm098
how's everyone feeling for this? what do people find most difficult

Probably the sheer size of the unit, there's a lot of different things they can ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Probably the sheer size of the unit, there's a lot of different things they can ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I'd agree! some questions are repetitive though... hoping for some nice integrals
Someone please explain the factorials in the 2015 paper for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending