The Student Room Group

If you could change your sexuality, would you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KMLeeson
I watched a video on buzzfeed where they asked members of the LGBTQ+ community if they would be straight if they could, and I was just curious what others would say. Regardless of what you identify as, would you change it if you could?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy with swinging both ways. I have a huge crush on Jen from Buzzfeed though..
Definitely not, I'm happy being straight.
I wouldn't mind being gay/ lesbian for a day or some other temporary amount of time just to walk in their shoes but any other sexuality other than straight or asexual is not really compatible with my faith
Original post by Little Popcorns
Why what ratio are they at the moment?

I'm predominantly attracted to men (the same sex), like men always turn me on, but only a few women with certain qualities (I have yet to put my finger on) turn me on. This annoys me greatly because I can't guarantee I will be sexually aroused by someone I'm romantically interested in.

(I don't do drugs, but) someone once made an apt metaphor, which I can use; women are like my weed, whilst men are like my cocaine.
Im fine as i am tbh
I'm asexual but if I could change that I would
Lmao no, I can't afford to have any kind of standards so I need to keep myself open to as many people as possible : }} (bisexual in case you didnt guess).
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Happy with swinging both ways. I have a huge crush on Jen from Buzzfeed though..

I feel you, though to be honest I have a crush on quite a few of the buzzfeed ladies 😜

Posted from TSR Mobile
nope i love being bi-sexual i get to be twice as single...
Definitely wouldn't want to be straight, so boring. I'm happy with being pansexual and polyamorous!
Original post by XcitingStuart
I'm predominantly attracted to men (the same sex), like men always turn me on, but only a few women with certain qualities (I have yet to put my finger on) turn me on. This annoys me greatly because I can't guarantee I will be sexually aroused by someone I'm romantically interested in.

(I don't do drugs, but) someone once made an apt metaphor, which I can use; women are like my weed, whilst men are like my cocaine.

Ah right sorry to hear you're having a bit of a struggle with these things. Are you camp or more obviously effeminate?
I wish I could be an Asexual Trans-Human
Original post by Little Popcorns
Ah right sorry to hear you're having a bit of a struggle with these things. Are you camp or more obviously effeminate?

I wouldn't think so.

I understand after having hung around women for so long that I have subconsciously adopted some of their mannerisms (them being my main social group), but to no great degree.

(I only noticed that after I noticed I now sit more similarly to them. :tongue:)(I sit in a way more typical for females now.)(Things also include the way to small-talk, slightly.)

I'm a pretty quiet individual with most people (but with the exceptions I can talk a heck of a lot.)

I'm not really sure what to say. I've learnt over time how to talk and create conversation, but I used to be very very socially awkward.

I'm expressive when I do talk; a lot of hand gestures. But I (would) think being camp is more than that.

And I've recently become more blunt with the average person.

My voice can go really high when I'm excited about something, but that is rarely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest