The Student Room Group

sixth form organisation method

okay so this is probably a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway lmao
I'm going to go to sixth form at the end of August and I was thinking of ways for to organise myself practically as I will be walking everyday.
the subjects I have picked are RS, Politics, Sociology and Psychology (might change to Philosophy or Film studies I'm unsure) ANYWAY to the important bit I had the idea that I have one lever arch with 4 dividers, one for each subject, I then take this to school everyday and when a subjects section gets a bit full I have another lever arch at home for each subject where I would transfer that subjects work into it and keep it at home.
Have any of you tried this idea and does it work or do you have any other suggestions as I don't want to have to carry like 3 lever arches a day to school!
Thanks!
Reply 1
Hi, I used to do exactly that when I was in sixth form! It's a great way to organise your work when you divide it for sixth form so that you don't have to keep on bringing in several folders each day and then when your main folder is overflowing, just have separate folders at home to decant it into

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah. Depending on what bag you use, you shouldnt bring more than one lever arch to college.
Tbh I had a lever arch for a full year and theyre just awkward, just used a booklet with plastic wallet files.

For your subjects you will be getting ALOT of notes. So if youre going to be organised you might as well get one lever arch for each.

Thats why a booklet with plastic wallet files for each subject would be better.
Reply 3
Original post by Maths is Life
Nah. Depending on what bag you use, you shouldnt bring more than one lever arch to college.
Tbh I had a lever arch for a full year and theyre just awkward, just used a booklet with plastic wallet files.

For your subjects you will be getting ALOT of notes. So if youre going to be organised you might as well get one lever arch for each.

thank you !!!!
Reply 4
Original post by mercieo
Hi, I used to do exactly that when I was in sixth form! It's a great way to organise your work when you divide it for sixth form so that you don't have to keep on bringing in several folders each day and then when your main folder is overflowing, just have separate folders at home to decant it into

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you! I might give this method a go !!!
Original post by Maths is Life

sorry, i know I'm not the OP, but just a quick question :smile: Which do you think is more practical/ organised: notebooks or lever arches/ booklets with plastic wallet files for each subject? Thank you :smile:
Original post by KirstyBishop
sorry, i know I'm not the OP, but just a quick question :smile: Which do you think is more practical/ organised: notebooks or lever arches/ booklets with plastic wallet files for each subject? Thank you :smile:

I think having a lever arch is much better than having plastic folders or notebooks as your notes are much more accessible since you can flick through using dividers and you can add in more notes very easily in the right place. If your school offers lockers, its best to use folders. But then again its all dependent on the individual, I have a friend who prefers notebooks.
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
I think having a lever arch is much better than having plastic folders or notebooks as your notes are much more accessible since you can flick through using dividers and you can add in more notes very easily in the right place. If your school offers lockers, its best to use folders. But then again its all dependent on the individual, I have a friend who prefers notebooks.

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 8
I wouldn't recommend bringing a whole lever arch folder to school, just use a smaller folder and empty it more regularly.

Quick Reply

Latest