The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Economics Unit 4: 23rd June 2016

THREAD
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
anyone got any predictions? Econ 4 is hard to guess. both 2015 and 2014 included inflation so i doubt it will be in but who knows. also each 25 marker tends to be a mix of 2 topics, but one of them as the main point. my guesses are

unemployment, it came up last year but not 2014 or 2013

balance of payments, 2014 but not 2015

globalisation, it has come up every year bar 2013 as one of the 3 essays

possibly a fiscal vs monetary, or just straight monetary effect on growth

personally I am going to focus on these 5 of the 9 topics, worse case at least 2 of them will be in there
Reply 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsLJni8yVyk

watch this before your next revision session.
Original post by H-Barca
anyone got any predictions? Econ 4 is hard to guess. both 2015 and 2014 included inflation so i doubt it will be in but who knows. also each 25 marker tends to be a mix of 2 topics, but one of them as the main point. my guesses are

unemployment, it came up last year but not 2014 or 2013

balance of payments, 2014 but not 2015

globalisation, it has come up every year bar 2013 as one of the 3 essays

possibly a fiscal vs monetary, or just straight monetary effect on growth

personally I am going to focus on these 5 of the 9 topics, worse case at least 2 of them will be in there

Surely the EU will come up!
Reply 4
What are some arguments for the UK to leave EU? only one i have atm with a good chain of reasoning is the 350 mill weekly contributions.
Original post by ZackSpeller
Surely the EU will come up!

They write the exam ages before its taken so its not definite
Original post by sowet0002
What are some arguments for the UK to leave EU? only one i have atm with a good chain of reasoning is the 350 mill weekly contributions.

opens up oppurtunity for free trade links with other parts of the world, including china and india. china especially so with their growing consumer class, opening up the market to companies such as dyson etc.
you can also talk about the lower regulation onto british firms, ie they have more power over what they sell and how they sell it. this could decrease their costs, leading to greater profits and as such possibly lower unemployment in areas of the uk.
Reply 7
Original post by doshea1311
opens up oppurtunity for free trade links with other parts of the world, including china and india. china especially so with their growing consumer class, opening up the market to companies such as dyson etc.
you can also talk about the lower regulation onto british firms, ie they have more power over what they sell and how they sell it. this could decrease their costs, leading to greater profits and as such possibly lower unemployment in areas of the uk.

wow thanks!!
Reply 8
Praying for something on the current account. ****ing love it. Sadly its usually attached to a question on globalisation.

Quick Reply

Latest