The Student Room Group

British University Softball & Baseball

There a many different sports at uni in the UK, some universities have softball clubs baseball clubs or both. With it being a growing sport at the university level, its great to get involved with it no matter what previous experience you have.

From my experience many have little experience before goin to univeristy, while there are some that have been playing either baseball or softball in the UK for a number of years or are international students.

Currently there are 31 Universities in total with Clubs:

20 Universities have Baseball Clubs

Cambridge
Coventry
Durham
Edinburgh
Essex
Exeter
Hull
Imperial
Leeds Beckett
Leeds University
Loughborough
Manchester Met (Chesire)
Nottingham University
Nottingham Trent University
Sheffield
Southampton
Stirling
Swansea
UCL
UEA

22 Univerisities have Softball Clubs

Bolton
Brighton
Bucks New University
Cambridge
Chichester
Essex
Exeter
Imperial College
Kent
Kings' College London
Loughborough
Manchester University
Manchester Met (Chesire)
Nottingham University
Oxford Brookes
Portsmouth
Salford
Southampton
Stirling
UCL
UEA
York

More universities are setting up clubs each year so its a great time to get involved in a very sociable and friendly sport at university.

Want to know just ask!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Flanker67
There a many different sports at uni in the UK, some universities have softball clubs baseball clubs or both. With it being a growing sport at the university level, its great to get involved with it no matter what previous experience you have.

From my experience many have little experience before goin to univeristy, while there are some that have been playing either baseball or softball in the UK for a number of years or are international students.

Currently there are 29 Universities in total with Clubs:

18 Universities have Baseball Clubs

Cambridge
Coventry
Durham
Edinburgh
Essex
Hull
Imperial
Leeds Beckett
Leeds University
Loughborough
Manchester Met (Chesire)
Nottingham University
Sheffield
Southampton
Swansea
UCL
UEA

21 Univerisities have Softball Clubs

Bolton
Brighton
Bucks New University
Cambridge
Chichester
Essex
Imperial College
Kent
Kings' College London
Loughborough
Manchester University
Manchester Met (Chesire)
Nottingham University
Oxford Brookes
Portsmouth
Salford
Southampton
UCL
UEA
York

More universities are setting up clubs each year so its a great time to get involved in a very sociable and friendly sport at university.

Want to know just ask!

I've watched baseball before, a shame my uni isn't on that list, otherwise I'd definitely be signing up. :hide: lovely sport though.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
I've watched baseball before, a shame my uni isn't on that list, otherwise I'd definitely be signing up. :hide: lovely sport though.

What Uni are you at? as there are some I've heard of setting up clubs, or you could start one yourself. Durham have only been going since February and have 2 Baseball teams.

BSUK and Hit the Pitch can help with a lot of it.

Your Uni may have already had a team, and there could be other like minded people wanting to start a club.
Original post by Flanker67
What Uni are you at? as there are some I've heard of setting up clubs, or you could start one yourself. Durham have only been going since February and have 2 Baseball teams.

BSUK and Hit the Pitch can help with a lot of it.

Your Uni may have already had a team, and there could be other like minded people wanting to start a club.

Oh yeah, if enough people pledge to join a group, sports or otherwise, you get to start one up. As for whether I'm capable of leading that.. not too sure, but I'll have a think :tongue:

I study at Bath :h:
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
Oh yeah, if enough people pledge to join a group, sports or otherwise, you get to start one up. As for whether I'm capable of leading that.. not too sure, but I'll have a think :tongue:

I study at Bath :h:

I have actually heard some talk about Bath setting up a club next year, funnily enough. I've heard of other unis that are wanting to set up clubs but really depends on uptake.

Some of those are starting either focusing solely Baseball or Softball, while others are doing both to get as many involved as possible.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Hey anyone who reads this! to see how University Softball and Baseball has grown over the past two years is crazy. I myself am at Loughbrough and just wanted to say to anyone even slightly interested, or you've been to the states and caught a game. I'd highly recommend getting invovled, really fun way to play sport, be social and learn something new at the same time. If you are on here as a fresher and are heading to Loughborough please shoot me a message and I'd love to get in touch with you! I got so excited to see a thread about this on here! Nice work Flanker67!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending