The Student Room Group

Sigur ros? Anyone?

I'm just wondering whether anyone has heard of "sigur ros"- an Icelandic band -and likes them. I haven't met anyone else who likes them XD Please tell me there are some fans out there!
I've heard of them before, although I haven't listened to them yet! Could you recommend me some songs please? :smile:
Original post by emilita.nxn
I'm just wondering whether anyone has heard of "sigur ros"- an Icelandic band -and likes them. I haven't met anyone else who likes them XD Please tell me there are some fans out there!

Yes! Hoppipolla is obvs my favourite. Makes me emotional because it was played when I was at the blue lagoon in Iceland, always brings back some amazing memories :biggrin:

I think their name means "certain"
Yep :smile: Did you know he is singing in "Hopelandic" - a made up language :h:
Reply 5
I love them so much! I've been listening to them since I was10! I love med blodnasir and saeglopur. I love their album Kveikur but my favourite songs are stomur and hranfntina. Ooo and gobbledigook is good! :biggrin:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I've heard of them before, although I haven't listened to them yet! Could you recommend me some songs please? :smile:
I love them so much! I've been listening to them since I was10! I love med blodnasir and saeglopur. I love their album Kveikur but my favourite songs are stomur and hranfntina. Ooo and gobbledigook is good! :biggrin:

Thanks, I will check them out! :smile:
I have seen them live- they were excellent!
i only know their cover of the rains of castamere from game of thrones
Reply 9
Saw them at a festival having never listened to them and basically went into a trance :w00t:
What festival did you see them at? I saw them in Verona and managed to get some awesome photos of them!
I really like Sigur Ros. Hvarf/Heim is perhaps the best album ever made. Samskeyti is my favourite song (if you can call it a song), so beautiful.
(edited 7 years ago)
Very unique and distinctive band. They are playing the Citadel Festival next month, I found three live videos of them here http://concertflow.com/music-videos/Sigur%20R%C3%B3s?id=15&show_video=w8y4Cj-9d-E&p=1082
Reply 13
Original post by Ed Phelan
What festival did you see them at? I saw them in Verona and managed to get some awesome photos of them!

Nice! It was either Bestival or Glastonbury :nyan:
Original post by Leviathan1741

Check this one Lev :cool:

As soon as I heard this, I had to go out and buy the album immediately.
Yes, I heard 'Hoppipolla'. It's got a real cinematic feel to it and I really like that. Are there more songs like that by them?
Listened to them ever since agaetis bryjun came out and seen them live on three occasions.

I think there is a new album on the way.
Original post by batman1308
Yes, I heard 'Hoppipolla'. It's got a real cinematic feel to it and I really like that. Are there more songs like that by them?

Just get Takk tbh.
Yep. Love em! Haven't explored much of their discography but from the albums I've heard; amazing!
agaetis byrjun is an absolutely fantastic album

Quick Reply

Latest