The Student Room Group

I want to buy my teacher chocolates?

Scroll to see replies

I do this for all the teachers that are really helpful and supportive. It never stops me from feeling shy and stuff, but it's a lovely feeling for both myself and the teacher. You'll feel good for letting her know that she's a great teacher, and she'll be grateful that you appreciated her. Teachers rarely get thanked for their hard work. Get her the chocolates/milk tray, buddy :smile:
Original post by eugene1
I go to college and have been doing English and Maths, my Maths teacher is the nicest person I have ever met really, She's really helped me out and always been really nice to me she called me lovely in the staff room when we had a chat about how the course was going.

I'm a guy, 20 and she is 50 to get that out of the way straight away haha, I feel it would be wrong for me not to buy her anything, and right to buy her something I am thinking of a cadbury milk tray (Type in Google in you're not sure) they are a selection of chocolates just to say thanks, so What I want to know is, would it be right to buy her a milk tray? I'll knock on the staff room on my last day and just say thanks for all the help, and I'm bought this for you to say thanks but I don't want it to come across the wrong way (I don't think it will) I asked my mate and he said she might feel embarrassed? Another mate said she will appreciate it and my thoughtfulness?

So please comment and will look forward to hearing your thoughts, please be honest this means a lot to me :smile:

I completely agree with Tasha, I really don't think she'll think that your hitting on her.
Reply 42
Hello again everyone!

My course is coming to the end and I still haven't got the chocolates! I will though. It won't be the milk tray, it'll be Heroes they are personally my favourites just want to ask a few questions hope you don't mind! If you don't want to answer don't it is up to you :smile: It is normal for people to do this sort of thing maybe, but I've just never really done this before.

1. I'll knock on the staff room, would it be better to give the chocolates to her straight away? Or do I give them to her boss to give to her? She is usually in there at lunch time, do I wait until she is teaching then I go staff room and give them to her boss?

2. What do I say? "As the course is coming to a close, I just want to say a big thank you to all the staff here You've been very good to me, and to show my appreciation"....I'm stuck! :frown: and what to say after I have given them? You're welcome? It's not a problem? You deserve it? It's the least I could do?

Can't think of much else tbh, I'll go in next Wednesday and give them to whoever it'll be, if I am honest I would prefer to give it to her boss, because it'll make it less awkward and more better for me, I will be back in the following Friday so then she will say thanks and all that, is that better or worse? Better to give them to her boss, wait 2 days, then she will appreciate that I bought her the chocolates, or right there and then? :smile::redface:
Give her the chocolates directly, thank her, leave.

Done.
Original post by eugene1
Hello again everyone!

My course is coming to the end and I still haven't got the chocolates! I will though. It won't be the milk tray, it'll be Heroes they are personally my favourites just want to ask a few questions hope you don't mind! If you don't want to answer don't it is up to you :smile: It is normal for people to do this sort of thing maybe, but I've just never really done this before.

1. I'll knock on the staff room, would it be better to give the chocolates to her straight away? Or do I give them to her boss to give to her? She is usually in there at lunch time, do I wait until she is teaching then I go staff room and give them to her boss?

2. What do I say? "As the course is coming to a close, I just want to say a big thank you to all the staff here You've been very good to me, and to show my appreciation"....I'm stuck! :frown: and what to say after I have given them? You're welcome? It's not a problem? You deserve it? It's the least I could do?

Can't think of much else tbh, I'll go in next Wednesday and give them to whoever it'll be, if I am honest I would prefer to give it to her boss, because it'll make it less awkward and more better for me, I will be back in the following Friday so then she will say thanks and all that, is that better or worse? Better to give them to her boss, wait 2 days, then she will appreciate that I bought her the chocolates, or right there and then? :smile::redface:

give it to her as it is more personal and say something like, "the course has come to the end and i just wanted to give these to you as a thank you for everything you've done for me (you can take some friends and say us) good luck"

WAIT ARE YOU NOT GETTING A CARD!?!

plus in reality it is so much quicker she'll be like awhh thank you you didnt have to and you'll be like oh no its fine i just wanted to thank you
Original post by sfaraj
give it to her as it is more personal and say something like, "the course has come to the end and i just wanted to give these to you as a thank you for everything you've done for me (you can take some friends and say us) good luck"

plus in reality it is so much quicker she'll be like awhh thank you you didnt have to and you'll be like oh no its fine i just wanted to thank you

Listen to this man/woman. They know their stuff.

Also, since you've not bought it, typically teachers prefer booze to chocolates assuming you're old enough to purchase it.
Original post by Elivercury
Listen to this man/woman. They know their stuff.

Also, since you've not bought it, typically teachers prefer booze to chocolates assuming you're old enough to purchase it.

ahah thank you

(yeah woman :smile: )

or a bit of both:rofl:
Original post by sfaraj
ahah thank you

(yeah woman :smile: )

or a bit of both:rofl:

Both is of course a valid option!
Give them directly to her and say thank you! Oh and buy her a damn card.
Reply 49
Original post by sfaraj

No card :colondollar:
Original post by Jenx301
Give them directly to her and say thank you! Oh and buy her a damn card.

A card is too much for the OP. It was suggested earlier in the thread, but it was out of his comfort zone and against his beliefs.
Original post by 999tigger
A card is too much for the OP. It was suggested earlier in the thread, but it was out of his comfort zone and against his beliefs.

I know, it was a joke......
yes please do i think that will make her very happy :smile:
Reply 53
Went shopping today, got these!!! Will these be alright?

(edited 7 years ago)
I bought all of my high school teachers Fererro Rocher chocolates, flowers and a card to thank them on the last day. Despite being in a **** school with disruptive students, my teachers did care; they went above and beyond to help support my learning and encourage my personal development. I couldn't have thanked them enough!
Reply 55
Original post by Jin3011
I bought all of my high school teachers Fererro Rocher chocolates, flowers and a card to thank them on the last day. Despite being in a **** school with disruptive students, my teachers did care; they went above and beyond to help support my learning and encourage my personal development. I couldn't have thanked them enough!

Good on ya! Nice one :smile: It'll be my last day Tuesday (not proper last day because I'll be back in September for a 2nd year!
Reply 56
Would it be appropriate to wrap the chocolates?

Or leave it without wrapping?

:smile:
Just give her the chocolates. And buy her a card.
Original post by eugene1
Would it be appropriate to wrap the chocolates?

Or leave it without wrapping?

:smile:

Wrap it if you want. Not strange either way. :h:
Original post by SeanFM
Wrap it if you want. Not strange either way. :h:

For a £1 box of chocolates, then dont you think wrapping is a bit over the top?
A card would have been nice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending