The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 June 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by That_other_guy
Guys for 8b I wrote 3/2 cotx instead of 3 cotx at the start and carried on with the wrong equation, do i lose all 6 marks? And what mark do you think for an A?

there are answer marks and method marks so if you got the right answer based on your wrong start, you'll get all the method marks. I'd say you'll get 3/6 or 4/6.

Probably 60-62/75 for an A
Original post by Nimaribena
I lost about 12/13 marks on really stupid mistakes, is it possible to make up for this in C4 to get an A*?

I'm in the same situation as you, your gonna have to get full ums in C4 and hope an A for C3 is atleast 62/75
I lost about 12/13 marks on really stupid mistakes, is it possible to make up for this in C4 to get an A*?

im in the same situation as you, people are saying that 60-62 is an A so basically only by getting full marks in c4.....
Original post by ajaxkiller
im in the same situation as you, people are saying that 60-62 is an A so basically only by getting full marks in c4.....

I guess we had better get revising for C4... Good luck :smile:
Original post by somevirtualguy
The only thing I can think of is you must have also had e rather than e^-1, so it could change to:

-5ln(0.5+0.5e)
=5ln((0.5+0.5e)^-1)
=5ln(2+2e^-1)

ok thanks, how many marks would i loose for this do you think?
Original post by lawlieto
there are answer marks and method marks so if you got the right answer based on your wrong start, you'll get all the method marks. I'd say you'll get 3/6 or 4/6.

Probably 60-62/75 for an A

Ah thanks, I got the wrong answers, all those past papers and i end up making a stupid mistake, so fustrating. Hopefully i get like 2/6 for it
Original post by veldt127
I'm not 100% sure on all of these, but I think most are correct.
kprime2's model answers: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=554936&d=1466601487
Question 1

Spoiler

Question 2

Spoiler

Question 3

Spoiler

Question 4

Spoiler

Question 5

Spoiler

Question 6

Spoiler

Question 7

Spoiler

Question 8

Spoiler

Question 9

Spoiler

PDF with full worked solutions : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=554397&d=1466526735
3c:
IMG_2703.jpg

Can anyone remember the marks for each or any of the questions??

Yeah, it'll be hard though. Assuming you finish on 62-63/75 like you predict, that will most likely be 83-85 UMS (I doubt an A will be 62, more likely 60 as this paper was quite comparable to June 2014 in terms of difficulty).

So you'll need 70/75 on C4 to be in with a realistic chance... I would aim for full on C4 if you can, but I know how hard that is aha.
i don't find it's easy at all. what do you think about the grade boundaries for this?
What range of UMS would 63/67 out of 75 be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by guntaivanova
i don't find it's easy at all. what do you think about the grade boundaries for this?

some people say around 62 whilst others go for something low like 59
so probably around 60-61 for an A then each grade is 6 marks above or below
Do you think I will get a mark on the arcsin question for
1)drawing the arcsin graph like as if it was flipped across the y axis
2)for the bit after that forming an equation writing down arcsin(X+1)=-pi/3
Or any marks for3) instead of finding the limits of X properly I did x>+-rt3 so basically attempting to solve itcheers
Original post by Don Joiner
What range of UMS would 63/67 out of 75 be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably low 80s to 90
Reply 633
I can't remember my answer for Q5 for some reason
What is the general agreed A* boundary that people think is likely?

I think 65

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey for the 5 mark question where you had to find the equation of the normal, I attempted to find the gradient using the quotient rule but got it wrong, and I got the value of y wrong and so my equation wasn't correct either... how many marks out of 5 will i get ?
Reply 636
you'll be lucky if you get any marks if you answered the first part of that question correctly where there was a quartic expression divided by a quadratic and put it into the form asked for you should have been able to differentiate by first changing into a form suitable for differentiation involving terms with powers only then find x or y value by letting either = 0 unless they they provided it already in which case no need to equate to 0 .
Reply 637
Original post by fefssdf
hey for the 5 mark question where you had to find the equation of the normal, I attempted to find the gradient using the quotient rule but got it wrong, and I got the value of y wrong and so my equation wasn't correct either... how many marks out of 5 will i get ?
I believe the question was of the form ax^4+bx^3+cx^2+dx+e / ax^2 + bx + c
= Ax^2 + Bx + Cx+D/(x-2) ?
Original post by jbaten
I believe the question was of the form ax^4+bx^3+cx^2+dx+e / ax^2 + bx + c
= Ax^2 + Bx + Cx+D/(x-2) ?

yeh it was but I only got the value of A and B and not D, meaning i couldn't work out the gradient and thus the next 5 marks are going down the drain...
Original post by jbaten
you'll be lucky if you get any marks if you answered the first part of that question correctly where there was a quartic expression divided by a quadratic and put it into the form asked for you should have been able to differentiate by first changing into a form suitable for differentiation involving terms with powers only then find x or y value by letting either = 0 unless they they provided it already in which case no need to equate to 0 .

yeh but i just hope because i attempted the quotient rule and did -1/m to get the gradient of the normal that i might get 1 M1 mark... just 1 mark is all I'm asking for argh !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending