The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 4 (ECON4) June 23rd OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kitkat5
Quite difficult though- when was the referendum planned? Because they make the papers in advance- apparently like 18 months beforehand

Yeah they do

The same thing happened in business

EU was the only topic to be tested before the end of the spec and it was anticipated it would come up because of the whole referendum but it didn't

So economics teacher said same thing will probably happen with economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
Original post by SimranAli
Yeah they do

The same thing happened in business

EU was the only topic to be tested before the end of the spec and it was anticipated it would come up because of the whole referendum but it didn't

So economics teacher said same thing will probably happen with economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but EU is a whole section on section B so EU is definitely going to come up- we just aren't sure it'll be about leaving it
Original post by SimranAli
Very doubt anything about leaving the Eu would come up because it is such a predictable topic this year with the whole referendum going on

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, it is too predictable.
Original post by Kitkat5
Yeah but EU is a whole section on section B so EU is definitely going to come up- we just aren't sure it'll be about leaving it

Think he's referring to the referendum
Has anyone got any good context that could be applied? no topic in specific
Hey guys Ive attached the 2015 paper that I found in another thread!
and does anyone have any sort of predictions for this?
Reply 107
Original post by Kitkat5
Quite difficult though- when was the referendum planned? Because they make the papers in advance- apparently like 18 months beforehand

Yeah I wish there was like some simple website which just told you the top news prior to a date (so like December 2014 or Jan 2015 for us). Would be so helpful if it did exist.
Original post by Kitkat5

You mean section A right?
Can't tell if I know everything quite well or I have no clue at all :/ Then again I felt the same way about the ECON 3 exam and that seemed to go well. Ahh well 2 days then FREEDOM and I can play league again. Thank **** for that.
Original post by poushpaaa
Hey guys Ive attached the 2015 paper that I found in another thread!

Is this the actual paper or the one they discarded?
Original post by Nutcaserob
Is this the actual paper or the one they discarded?

the one that we were supposed to get last year
Original post by Kitkat5
Using the data and your knowledge of economics, evaluate thelikely impact on the UK economy of ther EU countries attempting to reduce theirpublic sector debt at thes same time - how would you guys answer this?

did this for my mock. theres a lot to talk about but the key focus is the bit at the end where it says 'at the same time'. so you can use analysis of like decreased spending in areas such as welfare benefits or possibly the use of expenditure switching policies which tries to redirect spending to sectors of the economy that needs it, for example our exporting firms who face fierce competition atm. but then you can evaluate by saying if the eu is also decreasing their public sector debt then the uk govt switching policies may be relatively futile as the demand from the eu (our main exporter) will be also reduced, further deteriorating our bofp.
stuff along those lines but you can definitely evaluate with the fact that the eu is decreasing 'at the same time'
the one that we were supposed to get last year

The mark scheme for it is online though I'm not sure they will use those questions, god I hope not paper doesnt look nice to me.
Original post by Nutcaserob
The mark scheme for it is online though I'm not sure they will use those questions, god I hope not paper doesnt look nice to me.

i know! have you got any predictions on what may come up?

Im hoping a question on unemployment comes up but highly doubt it would.
i know! have you got any predictions on what may come up?

Im hoping a question on unemployment comes up but highly doubt it would.

Yeah I really want unemployment to come up and no I'm not great with predictions.
Anyone got a plan for how decreasing oil prices affect macroeconomic objectives? Anybodyyyyyy.....
How would loan able funds theory be put into a question? Or what question would it go with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SmartStudent24
Anyone got a plan for how decreasing oil prices affect macroeconomic objectives? Anybodyyyyyy.....

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/15601/oil/are-falling-oil-prices-good-for-the-economy/
does anyone have candidate exemplars they can share please :smile: i can only find one online

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending