The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B (Salters) F334/F335 Exam Thread 2016 (14th/22nd June)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Bruhh
Well its symmetrical so thats where the opposite sides comes from. The image is from a UCLA pdf on NMR.

not sure symmetry has much to do with whether they can interact or not though. lol ok well not the same molecule but who knows
Reply 781
Guys if you have further exams, I highly suggest you not to waste time over this thread. Go and revise.

Majority did bad so the grade boundaries will compensate for it.

Thank me later.
Original post by Bruhh
Hmm okay, but I thought if you had a group on the benzene the environments were slightly different like in this image:

By the OCR data sheet that's 2 environments not 6. The attached group wasn't an alkyl group anyways like your picture shows. One environment on the left benzene-nitrogen thing, another on the benzene ring on the right attached to the amide. One one the amide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YeSand
Guys if you have further exams, I highly suggest you not to waste time over this thread. Go and revise.

Majority did bad so the grade boundaries will compensate for it.

Thank me later.

But.. It's too fun :wink:
Reply 784
Original post by Zuzuvela
By the OCR data sheet that's 2 environments not 6. The attached group wasn't an alkyl group anyways like your picture shows. One environment on the left benzene-nitrogen thing, another on the benzene ring on the right attached to the amide. One one the amide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I think both are reasonably valid answers so we'll just have to see :smile:
Reply 785
freezing temp: -7
n = 4
y = 2

anyone else got these?
what was the pressure?
6 hydrogen environments is wildly wrong. NMR with more than 4 peaks just doesn't happen at A2.
You may be correct -1.9 was an answer that a majority got. It wasn't clear what was meant by particles dissolved (already dissolved or to be dissolved) whether it was talking about the ions or the solute overall. Some of those answers were suggested btw not necessary what I put.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wildly wrong?? lol sure
I got 6 too
Reply 788
Original post by Abbie_1511
Wildly wrong?? lol sure
I got 6 too

So did I

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abbie_1511
Wildly wrong?? lol sure
I got 6 too

There was 6 hydrogen environments apparently according to my teacher but only 3 different ones if you know what I mean. So you used the numbers 1,2,3 and labeled each environment accordingly. The number 3 was used only once I just got the email from my teacher. He's not willing to publish the paper because he's not meant to have it

Labels 1 and 2 were already done for you you just added a couple of ones and twos and a single 3. Basically if it was a NMR graph it would be 3 peaks total area representing 6 Hs
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 790

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats 4 environments
Original post by GetMeToUni99
what was the pressure?

I got 0.036 but Im awful at the maths questions so someone else needs to verify
Has anyone done the chemistry A ocr paper on 27 May and 10 June 2016??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 793
Original post by WittyGonStein
I got 0.036 but Im awful at the maths questions so someone else needs to verify

I also got 0.036 if I recall correctly.
Original post by Bruhh
I also got 0.036 if I recall correctly.

Would you mind telling me how if you remember. I am interested as it may well be something I need to know for uni if I get there. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 795
Would you mind telling me how if you remember. I am interested as it may well be something I need to know for uni if I get there. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Umm I can't remember the numbers exactly, but 1mol of gas takes up 24dm^3 in 1atm. I think it was asking about what the pressure of 1.5x10-3 moles of gas would be in a 24dm3 volume. So I just did 1.5x10-3 x 24 to get that answer, it'd be helpful if I had the question to refer to as I realise thats an awful explanation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just looked online and it says pressure and volume are inversely proportional and so I think you work out the volume and then divide 1 by ths value so I think I got it wrong
Original post by WittyGonStein
Just looked online and it says pressure and volume are inversely proportional and so I think you work out the volume and then divide 1 by ths value so I think I got it wrong

Yeah I got 666 Atmospheres I am still confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
hopefully we all did well
I think f334 boundaries will be

A* - 70/90
A - 64/90
B - 58/90
C - 53/90
D - 47/90
E - 42/90

What does everyone else think

Quick Reply