The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

i put p4o10 instead of P will i still get a mark??
Slighty late but when calculating Delta S and Delta H i divided by 2 is that wrong ?
Original post by irendeep
Slighty late but when calculating Delta S and Delta H i divided by 2 is that wrong ?

Yes. You can read the previous posts for the full explanation why
Can someone explain why does the E.M.F increase with pressure please? Thank you.
If I didn't get the formula right at the start of the percentage purity calculation question but did the calculation in the right way, with the wrong figures, do you think that I would loose all the marks for that question?
I have a couple of questions: was it ok to use conc. excess NH3 for the last Chromium reaction? And will they accept multiples for the hydrogen/oxygen fuel cell?
Original post by Whitbyfish
If I didn't get the formula right at the start of the percentage purity calculation question but did the calculation in the right way, with the wrong figures, do you think that I would loose all the marks for that question?

Nah, you'll get ecf for the ratio because that's the only thing wrong in your calculation
couple of Qs- most outlined in bold pink on here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1smR3w_XZhzLCLrqIQ_U69a47b3KLGJoEbjqyFy7Ss84/edit
would someone be kind enough to anwser
Original post by Sloth45
I have a couple of questions: was it ok to use conc. excess NH3 for the last Chromium reaction? And will they accept multiples for the hydrogen/oxygen fuel cell?

No to first
Yes to second

Original post by emilies18
couple of Qs- most outlined in bold pink on here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1smR3w_XZhzLCLrqIQ_U69a47b3KLGJoEbjqyFy7Ss84/edit
would someone be kind enough to anwser

You need to sort them grade boundaries out... How can there be a 12 raw mark gap for full UMS haha?

Full = 94
A* = 87

About this area In my opinion

what formula do you mean? the equation?
Original post by Suits101
No to first
Yes to second

You need to sort them grade boundaries out... How can there be a 12 raw mark gap for full UMS haha?

Full = 94
A* = 87

About this area In my opinion

I didn't make that I just added. Where do you think the boundary for an A will be?
Original post by emilies18
I didn't make that I just added. Where do you think the boundary for an A will be?

I have no idea sorry... But full UMS was very high on that link
Original post by mojogigi1234
what formula do you mean? the equation?

The equation for the reaction so the ratios for the calculation were wrong
The equation for the reaction so the ratios for the calculation were wrong

yeah, i dont think youll get any marks for it if the equations wrong
Original post by Spectral
Yes. You can read the previous posts for the full explanation why
If you have a look at June 2011 question 3 it asks to calculate Delta S for the harber process and u had to divide by two to get the correct answer please explain to me how today was different? Thanks.
Reply 2995
Can grade boundaries for A* possibly be higher than 89?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fibsy
Can grade boundaries for A* possibly be higher than 89?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The highest it has been is 84 (2015).
For the final part of Chromium question with excess OH-, would [Cr(H2O)2(OH)4]- be acceptable or not? I remember seeing a couple textbooks had this instead of [CR(OH)6]3-
Original post by irendeep
If you have a look at June 2011 question 3 it asks to calculate Delta S for the harber process and u had to divide by two to get the correct answer please explain to me how today was different? Thanks.

Again, I urge you to read previous posts, because I've already answered that question (you'll see what I mean)

To put it shortly, that question asks for enthalpy of formation which is by definition 1 mol (so you divide)
The question in the exam was enthalpy of reaction, not formation, so the 1 mol principle does not apply here

The point I'm making is not debatable I'm afraid. You will lose around 1-3 marks depending on the generosity of the AQA examiners
Original post by Spectral
Again, I urge you to read previous posts, because I've already answered that question (you'll see what I mean)

To put it shortly, that question asks for enthalpy of formation which is by definition 1 mol (so you divide)
The question in the exam was enthalpy of reaction, not formation, so the 1 mol principle does not apply here

The point I'm making is not debatable I'm afraid. You will lose around 1-3 marks depending on the generosity of the AQA examiners

Im not refering to delta H im refering to delta S.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending