The Student Room Group

WJEC IT3 A2 ICT Exam - Wednesday 22nd June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Overall it was pretty good, most of it was good apart from the last question on Section A about design? Had no idea on that, what did everyone put? And what did people say in the last question of databases in section B?

Very glad I predicted the distributed computing question too! :biggrin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by OwenSallows
That was the only crappy question I thought, how did you find the rest of it?!

It was horrible right !? My heart dropped when I saw it so I left it until last and talked about privacy, security and abuse of data :frown:

The rest I found relatively difficult tbf , I kept missing one mark like for example I could only name one distributed application , and I only wrote 3 poor MIS factors , 2 choices of network and 3 requirements for online websites because I only know revised certain ones and they put them in the question to not include them which upset men! So I know I've lost marks there.. How did you find it !?
Original post by Nath98
Overall it was pretty good, most of it was good apart from the last question on Section A about design? Had no idea on that, what did everyone put? And what did people say in the last question of databases in section B?

For the design I wrote:
Design of output
Design of house style and ethos
Design of processes
And Design of hardware and software which I wasn't sure about
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nath98

Output
Processes
Networks and transmission methods
File structures and databases
Reply 104
Original post by jessicajones1998
For the design I wrote:
Design of output
Design of house style and ethos
Design of processes
And Design of hardware and software which I wasn't sure about

I did that too, then included security processes, design of file and data structures. And then pointed out that it should follow in line with the User Requirements. Its pretty much about the Design section of the database coursework, but this question was the QWC I think..? So I saved it till last wasted 15min to write a page for it.
Hey everyone ^^" That exam was awwwwful for me, it started off so well until it got to the distributed computing question and asked for 2 examples. I gave cancer research as mine.

E-commerce stuff afterwards was fine, but I ********ted the SDLC question and that 3 mark database question about entity, attribute and relationship definitions was buuuullll!
In section B , for the accidental misuse and how to prevent it what did everyone put for the two methods ?
I hated that exam...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't leave two gaps/lines between each question and i just found out now it said that you had to do that on the front of the page. Am i screwed?
so if I gave them more examples that they need they will take off my points or just ignore that? E.g. more examples how HCI couldhelp disabled people(or someting like that) or I put 3 examples of tables in section B instead of 2 because I wasn't sure about one? So they will give me 0 points for whole question even if this is right? I don't understand.
Original post by martyna965
so if I gave them more examples that they need they will take off my points or just ignore that? E.g. more examples how HCI couldhelp disabled people(or someting like that) or I put 3 examples of tables in section B instead of 2 because I wasn't sure about one? So they will give me 0 points for whole question even if this is right? I don't understand.

No they won't give you 0 makes, they will just take the first 2 examples that you give and ignore the last one. Say if they asked for 4 examples and you put 5, they would only take the first 4 you wrote down
Original post by Scaresed
I didn't leave two gaps/lines between each question and i just found out now it said that you had to do that on the front of the page. Am i screwed?

No not at all dont be silly - they just advise that so the spaces between questions are more vivid but they will know your answers to different questions obviously by the way u word it ahah !
Thank you !
I feel like I've wrote awfully and not enough to get the marks if you all get me :frown: I'm still stressing !
It was horrible right !? My heart dropped when I saw it so I left it until last and talked about privacy, security and abuse of data The rest I found relatively difficult tbf , I kept missing one mark like for example I could only name one distributed application , and I only wrote 3 poor MIS factors , 2 choices of network and 3 requirements for online websites because I only know revised certain ones and they put them in the question to not include them which upset men! So I know I've lost marks there.. How did you find it !?
Yeah i did the same i left that question till last! That was probably the worst question out of them all. They were really harsh on what you weren't allowed to say this year, as in either cost or size of the organisation. I did the same for the distributed question one too, I couldn't think of a second example so you're not the only one! Other than that i thought it was an okay paper, just hope WJEC aren't too harsh!
I feel like I've wrote awfully and not enough to get the marks if you all get me :frown: I'm still stressing !

You'll be fine! Stop stressing and just wait until results day! Not much you can do now!
Original post by OwenSallows
Yeah i did the same i left that question till last! That was probably the worst question out of them all. They were really harsh on what you weren't allowed to say this year, as in either cost or size of the organisation. I did the same for the distributed question one too, I couldn't think of a second example so you're not the only one! Other than that i thought it was an okay paper, just hope WJEC aren't too harsh!

Oh I'm glad ! What did you write for the search engine one ???
Just to be sure, what definitions did you get for entity, attribute, and relationship?
I wrote way too much, ran out of time. Left 23 worth of marks unanswered. Don't need many marks for a B thankfully. Can only hope I've done enough to secure a decent amount of marks.
It was horrible right !? My heart dropped when I saw it so I left it until last and talked about privacy, security and abuse of data :frown:

The rest I found relatively difficult tbf , I kept missing one mark like for example I could only name one distributed application , and I only wrote 3 poor MIS factors , 2 choices of network and 3 requirements for online websites because I only know revised certain ones and they put them in the question to not include them which upset men! So I know I've lost marks there.. How did you find it !?

So let's say I did what you did. I only mention one application of disturbed computing. I lose one mark

I do it again for MIS. I mention three points each for good and poor, not four. That means another one mark lost?

So that's 2 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending