The Student Room Group

The immense stupidity of the young idealistic Remain vote

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scopeowner
Yes, I do know that thanks I've studied A level Geography. And from what I've learnt the EEA is a type of SEZ (Special Enterprise Zone) which is pro-economic or basically the EU without the b******t. Look at how successful Switzerland is, a prime example of an EEA nation.

leaving the EU won't magically make us like switzerland, it will take 2 years alone to organise leaving
Yes, I do know that thanks I've studied A level Geography. And from what I've learnt the EEA is a type of SEZ (Special Enterprise Zone) which is pro-economic or basically the EU without the b******t. Look at how successful Switzerland is, a prime example of an EEA nation.

Well then you should know that EEA countries are subject to the same " ******** " as EU countries except they don't get a vote.

Arguing to leave the EU to join the EEA makes absolutely no sense.
The immense stupidity of the old ill-informed Leave vote
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DorianGrayism
Well then you should know that EEA countries are subject to the same " ******** " as EU countries except they don't get a vote.

Arguing to leave the EU to join the EEA makes absolutely no sense.

Yes, I know the EEA runs within the single market of the EU. But the UK can sign special deals with the EFTA which would benefit it, and thus avoid the issue of net migration being over 300,000 a year!
Yes, I know the EEA runs within the single market of the EU. But the UK can sign special deals with the EFTA which would benefit it, and thus avoid the issue of net migration being over 300,000 a year!

Sorry that is completely incorrect.

Every EEA country has freedom of movement.

That is why leaving the EU to join the EEA makes no sense. If you want to leave then you have to wave goodbye to the single market.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alevelstresss
leaving the EU won't magically make us like switzerland, it will take 2 years alone to organise leaving

More than that, it would actually take till 2020 to cease all relations with the EU. But the UK is more than competent to develop economically outside the EU, since smaller businesses can thrive and operate without EU tariffs.
Sorry that is completely incorrect.

Every EEA country has freedom of movement.

That is why leaving the EU to join the EEA makes no sense. If you want to leave then you have to wave goodbye to the single market.

Well, then the UK can screw the idea of the EEA or EFTA and trade directly with European countries, China, Japan, India and etc...
But the UK is more than competent to develop economically outside the EU, since smaller businesses can thrive and operate without EU tariffs.

What evidence do you have that small businesses are disproportionately affected by EU tariffs?
Well, then the UK can screw the idea of the EEA or EFTA and trade directly with European countries, China, Japan, India and etc...

LMAO!! Manlike scope omg.

"He's like EEA, EEA, no EU"

"Ok screw that, just trade."
I don't disagree either just funny how hellbent you are to leave EU :biggrin: you're like I dont care where we go, just leave.
(edited 7 years ago)

They cannot directly with any major European nation without the EU.

China, Japan and India have all said that leaving the EU is stupid. None of them have said that they will have an FTA with us.
What evidence do you have that small businesses are disproportionately affected by EU tariffs?

VAT?
Original post by 0to100
LMAO!! Manlike scope omg.

"He's like EEA, EEA, no EU"

"Ok screw that, just trade."
I don't disagree either just funny how hellbent you are to leave EU :biggrin: you're like I dont care where we go, just leave.

:biggrin: The UK should create it's own union, who's for the BU (British Union)?:biggrin:
Original post by happyrubbit
The immense stupidity of the old illinformed Leave vote

Illinformed isn't even a bloody word and a lot of young people want to Leave you just don't know this because you faff about play-debating on here with other naive children. :colonhash:
VAT?

No one is going to reduce VAT.

They had more than 87 Billion from VAT last year.

The money saved from leaving is 10% of that.
:biggrin: The UK should create it's own union, who's for the BU (British Union)?:biggrin:

I mean US isn't part of an American/Caribbean union. Japan isn't part of an Asian union. Brazil isn't part of a South American union.

But US and Japan have the greatest economies in the world these days and Brazil left 5th out of the 2008 recession, way before even US did. These remain politicians pretend they have a democratic view but they really just don't want non-white migrants coming in but have the cheek to label Leavers as racist loool so they egg on this mirage of democracy and stupid kids and brown parents fall for it. :nah: I cba. Even if we stay, I'll laugh at the country continuing to get overrun, and homelessness continuing to skyrocket while politicians fill their pockets
Original post by 0to100
Illinformed isn't even a bloody word and a lot of young people want to Leave you just don't know this because you faff about play-debating on here with other naive children. :colonhash:

And what are you doing?
Original post by 0to100
I mean US isn't part of an American/Caribbean union. Japan isn't part of an Asian union. Brazil isn't part of a South American union.

But US and Japan have the greatest economies in the world these days and Brazil left 5th out of the 2008 recession, way before even US did. These remain politicians pretend they have a democratic view but they really just don't want non-white migrants coming in but have the cheek to label Leavers as racist loool so they egg on this mirage of democracy and stupid kids and brown parents fall for it. :nah: I cba. Even if we stay, I'll laugh at the country continuing to get overrun, and homelessness continuing to skyrocket while politicians fill their pockets

Yeah, the UK's ****** if it remains in the EU.
Original post by 0to100
s

Actually Brazil is ....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercosur

So it the US.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Free_Trade_Agreement

Japan just started negioations to join a US led Trans - Pacific Agreement
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324763404578434870921655346
Original post by happyrubbit
And what are you doing?

More than you because based on how vapid your posts are you must only discuss this on here. Not with actual scholars offline. Don't even bother lying eugh.

Yeah, the UK's ****** if it remains in the EU.

yep. But honestly...I'll just continue doing what I do to cope....and UK never gets better. Thus creating non-patriotic immigrants subverting the gov't here asnd non-patriotic native citizens giving in. Bringing it to collapse. Whatever ini.

I don't care about your link. I didn't make up that Brazil left 5th. Japan and US still have a powerful economy, never said their situation is spotless, not also concerned what the basis of your links are.

Quick Reply