The Student Room Group

OCR ICT: G063 - Wednesday 22nd June 2016

Scroll to see replies

can anyone tell me what the first 11 marker was? it was operating systems right? did it ask for one reason only? it had no qwc... where in the paper was there a long question asking only for 1 reason? i am panicking
Reply 21
Original post by Paddythed
can anyone tell me what the first 11 marker was? it was operating systems right? did it ask for one reason only? it had no qwc... where in the paper was there a long question asking only for 1 reason? i am panicking

For the first 11 marker it said explain, the operating system one.
Original post by Reda2
For the first 11 marker it said explain, the operating system one.

Okay I'll rephrase the question. So it was asking about ONE IMPACT of upgrading? Or several impacts?
Reply 23
Okay I'll rephrase the question. So it was asking about ONE IMPACT of upgrading? Or several impacts?

I don't remember that, but I don't think they mention for one impact, and it would not make sense if it was only one impact for 11 marks, there will be nothing much to talk about and the mark scheme will be way to specific, it would have probably just been a 6 marker in that case. If I remember correctly is said, explain how upgrading the operating system affects ABS Homes. Really don't remember anything about impact. If it is what you are saying than I'm in trouble as well lol.
Original post by Reda2
I don't remember that, but I don't think they mention for one impact, and it would not make sense if it was only one impact for 11 marks, there will be nothing much to talk about and the mark scheme will be way to specific, it would have probably just been a 6 marker in that case. If I remember correctly is said, explain how upgrading the operating system affects ABS Homes. Really don't remember anything about impact. If it is what you are saying than I'm in trouble as well lol.

Got worried. Pretty sure, it was "Explore the impacts to ABS Homes of upgrading their operating system?" something like that. I gave like 4-5 reasons using an essay structure technique I learned for business - I'm really hoping it was just impacts and not a single... Anyways did the second 11 marker on smartwear like I said..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aaron_1
Same i found it a very hard paper the stuff that i revised barely came up, what did every one write for the questions?

So I managed to revise everything as well as the past paper answers to know how to answer the questions and write what OCR are looking for.

I looked through the textbook and noted stuff that has never come up before and that's exactly what appeared in the paper today. Although, these things aren't something I much liked to revise but I remembered enough. For example proxy servers, documentation examples, form- dialogue interface, cellular/satellite phones, databases.
Not many chapter 4 Or 2 questions came up.

But don't worry about the exam. You never know - the grade boundaries could drop!

How did coursework go?
Reply 26
Got worried. Pretty sure, it was "Explore the impacts to ABS Homes of upgrading their operating system?" something like that. I gave like 4-5 reasons using an essay structure technique I learned for business - I'm really hoping it was just impacts and not a single... Anyways did the second 11 marker on smartwear like I said..

Smartware? Isn't that a real company? I didn't revise those questions so I don't really know much about them but if I remember correctly, you are never supposed to use real life companies in your answers. Anyway, what did you talk about.

I chose webcam. So I talked about, biometric, only authorised access, but can be bad if system not done well e.g. can show image or can be slow, waste time, less productive, and then in conclusion talked about cost.
Original post by Reda2
Smartware? Isn't that a real company? I didn't revise those questions so I don't really know much about them but if I remember correctly, you are never supposed to use real life companies in your answers. Anyway, what did you talk about.

I chose webcam. So I talked about, biometric, only authorised access, but can be bad if system not done well e.g. can show image or can be slow, waste time, less productive, and then in conclusion talked about cost.

No, smart wear.. Like google glass, iWatch etc
Reply 28
Original post by EXOMENDES 101
So I managed to revise everything as well as the past paper answers to know how to answer the questions and write what OCR are looking for.

I looked through the textbook and noted stuff that has never come up before and that's exactly what appeared in the paper today. Although, these things aren't something I much liked to revise but I remembered enough. For example proxy servers, documentation examples, form- dialogue interface, cellular/satellite phones, databases.
Not many chapter 4 Or 2 questions came up.

But don't worry about the exam. You never know - the grade boundaries could drop!

How did coursework go?

it was good got 66 marks in the coursework so i was one mark of the 'A' what about you? I really hope the grade boundaries go down lot since need 73 marks in the exam to get a B overall if coursework mark stays the same.
Original post by Aaron_1
it was good got 66 marks in the coursework so i was one mark of the 'A' what about you? I really hope the grade boundaries go down lot since need 73 marks in the exam to get a B overall if coursework mark stays the same.

I didn't get a mark from my teacher. He said I am just on an A.
Most people got As so my teacher reckons the examiner is gonna think he wasn't harsh enough when he marked it. Plus all of ours are gonna be sent to the examiner.
Last year I got a C in coursework and B in exam.

Anyway if I was meant to get an A for ICT A level then it will happen. I believe that things happen for a good reason. I am gonna stay positive and not let these assumptions ruin my days of freedom :smile:

Good luck on results day!

Anymore exams? I have one in the afternoon today then I am FREEEEE.
Hi guys. I was just wondering do you think that the postal moderation is done properly or do you think they just agree with marks the teacher has given. Because i feel that my teacher was extremely harsh but not to the whole class, but only to the few kids she didnt really like.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bigmanpoop
Hi guys. I was just wondering do you think that the postal moderation is done properly or do you think they just agree with marks the teacher has given. Because i feel that my teacher was extremely harsh but not to the whole class, but only to the few kids she didnt really like.

Well I know that some of the marks here came down by nearly a whole grade for last year's A2 coursework after moderation so I'd say yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending