The Student Room Group

How will you celebrate when Brexit happens?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sisuphos
You'll be admitted to study and then kicked out when you graduate. In Canada, you've got to have a PhD to get permanent residence. In the US, not even a PhD would automatically grant you anything.

It's extremely difficult to migrate to those countries as an economic migrant unless you're either exceptionally talented or you marry a local.

I'm not even going to get into this lol

I wouldn't want to move to the US or Canada.
Reply 61
Original post by floury
Britain is far too good to carry on propping up the failing EU and I am confident that tomorrow we will stick our two fingers up at it and moon the EU as we celebrate the impending Brexit. How will you be celebrating when we vote to leave?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do like to stick your fingers up at Europe, don't you?

Original post by AngryRedhead
What will you do if the British populace decides to collectively vote Remain?

Stick his fingers up his...
If we vote to stay, I'm going to make a thread called "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" and tag all of the Brexiters on here and mock you
Reply 63
Original post by IFoundWonderland
In case of Brexit:

(1) Cry as **** knows what's going to happen to my family and economic situation
(2) Complete my degree
(3) Migrate to the EU with my shiny dual citizenship and Modern Foreign Languages

We don't want more Brits stealing our jobs. Sorry.
Original post by Josb

I have dual citizenship. I'm German too :bubbles:.
Reply 65
I have dual citizenship. I'm German too :bubbles:.

Mmmh ok, you can escape the apocalypse.
Reply 66
Original post by 16characterlimit
Laughing when the house of commons takes a dump over your votes.

The Conservatives would be out on their arse faster than I can cack after a vindaloo. And as for Labour, they can dream on if they think they'd be re-elected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If we vote to leave I will not be celebrating.
Original post by Josb

We're expats though not migrants.:smile:
Original post by Josb

Et je peux parler Francais.
Y Espanol.
Und Deutsch.

Tbh, if we leave the EU I'll be OK because I'll be able to move easily. I just love home and I don't want to :frown:.
Reply 70
Et je peux parler Francais.
Y Espanol.
Und Deutsch.

Tbh, if we leave the EU I'll be OK because I'll be able to move easily. I just love home and I don't want to :frown:.

Brits will still be able to move to the EU. Brexit wouldn't be a declaration of war, you know.
Reply 71
Original post by Josb

I'm guessing you're German. EU but non-British nationals are evidently *****ing themselves now we look poised to leave the EU and risk their residency rights. Do a quick BBC search on the number of Brazilian-Portuguese people who have applied for citizenship, as they've got through so many pairs of underwear through *****ing themselves since the referendum was announced.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
Brits will still be able to move to the EU. Brexit wouldn't be a declaration of war, you know.

Brits don't really have v good language skills. Also that's not really the issue.

The issue is The Apocalypse will ensue.
In case of Brexit:

(1) Cry as **** knows what's going to happen to my family and economic situation
(2) Complete my degree
(3) Migrate to the EU with my shiny dual citizenship and Modern Foreign Languages

(4) and end up living next to a migrant camp full of economic migrants.
Original post by floury
I'm guessing you're German. EU but non-British nationals are evidently *****ing themselves now we look poised to leave the EU and risk their residency rights. Do a quick BBC search on the number of Brazilian-Portuguese people who have applied for citizenship, as they've got through so many pairs of underwear through *****ing themselves since the referendum was announced.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My dad, who is a German national, has lived in the UK since he was eleven. He is now 50. He has paid his taxes and worked in this country his entire working life. If he wanted a British passport, he would have to pay £1,200. That isn't very fair imo. I applied for a German passport because of the referendum.
Reply 75
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I'm French and would vote remain.

Stick your fingers at me bro. :biggrin:
Original post by physicsphysics91
(4) and end up living next to a migrant camp full of economic migrants.

Yes, because migrant camps overwhelm the entire EU landmass :rolleyes:
Reply 77
My dad, who is a German national, has lived in the UK since he was eleven. He is now 50. He has paid his taxes and worked in this country his entire working life. If he wanted a British passport, he would have to pay £1,200. That isn't very fair imo. I applied for a German passport because of the referendum.

Yeah, passport fees have sharply risen recently. As if they wanted to make British citizenship unattractive.
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone else tired of this make Britain again rhetoric , idk what that even means
We can finally control the curvature of our bananas , oo such a big deal considering the economy is going to take a turn for the worse soon after.
I will not be celebrating that's for sure. I'm annoyed I can't vote :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest