The Student Room Group

I'm dumb but have a masters degree in astrophysics AMA

as above
Reply 1
"I'm dumb", is that why you're voting leave?
Did a 12 year old call you dumb on the internet or something
Original post by SuperHuman98
Did a 12 year old call you dumb on the internet or something

No, I didnt do well in A-levels/GCSE and got called dumb.
Original post by physicsphysics91

exams = bs
Was your master's degree from Trump University by any chance?
Original post by george_c00per
Was your master's degree from Trump University by any chance?

Durham and maybe another from Cambridge in 2 years.

Nice to hear,

What are your plans for the future?
Are you my physics teacher by any chance?
our connections with the EU are fundamental to the advancement of astrophysics and anything space-related in the UK, because we simply do not get enough investment from our own government for it. it's a shame you want to throw all these benefits away for no convincing reason
Original post by SuperHuman98
Nice to hear,

What are your plans for the future?

Not entirely sure yet, I've got a lot of options. Currently got a place for PGCE, kind of interested in researching physics education, a bit niche.
Original post by Questioness
Are you my physics teacher by any chance?

Depends what grades you're getting.
Original post by drowzee
"I'm dumb", is that why you're voting leave?

Fatality
Depends what grades you're getting.

How about 80% of the class getting a U after the AS specimen paper? :colonhash:
Original post by PeaceBringer
exams = bs

Couldn't agree more its a whole load of toss. I hate it when someone brings up grades as a comparison for intelligence. It might be the only way to show the difference between students, but it sure isn't accurate. For example how is it fair to use grades to compare intelligence between two people with one of them revising for the content for 6 months or something and the other revising the night before. Its ridiculous to put them on the same scale. I haven't done science since GCSE's but even I remember in those classroom experiments that time was one of the most important factors for the experiment. And at school I've still got moronic teachers who think grades are everything Jesus
Original post by tanyapotter
our connections with the EU are fundamental to the advancement of astrophysics and anything space-related in the UK, because we simply do not get enough investment from our own government for it. it's a shame you want to throw all these benefits away for no convincing reason

Any money spent in astrophysics is a waste right now. We have much bigger issues (such as the energy issue), instead of sending $250mil satellites that make little advancement we should divert the funding to quantum computing and nuclear fusion.
Original post by Questioness
How about 80% of the class getting a U after the AS specimen paper? :colonhash:

We probably had the same teacher in that case (as I got the U).
Original post by tanyapotter

EU money spent in the UK is UK tax-payers' money with a brand on it: you do realise that? We are net contributors.
Yeah I agree. To say you're dumb because of exams or someone's opinion on you is silly.

Being well academically is just a guidance of someone's ability to understand information they've learnt but doesn't necessarily mean you're dumb if you don't do well. I also don't believe that doing well/bad in school or uni isn't the be all or end all. The best way to determine someone's intelligence is how well they do once they start working and how well they are with dealing with the information and what skills they acquire.

Quick Reply