The Student Room Group

Accommodation for UvA

Hi guys, just wanted to ask if anyone has sorted out their accommodation yet? I only got my acceptance onto the European Studies course at UvA a few days ago and I believe that the uni is supposed to email me relating to accommodation. I've asked them about this and its been a few days with no reply. Seeing as the threads about accommodation dried up a month or two ago, I'm thinking that many people must have already sorted out theirs. Is there anyone else still waiting or just me?
Hey!

I have also been accepted into European Studies at UvA! :smile: ANyway as far accomodation goes, they will send you an 'Information Newsletter' and in it it will explain everything. You will get link where you will need to log in and through there you can request housing. Personally I am looking for accomodation in the private sector aswell just in case, although it is such a headache >.<
Hello!I'm going to do a masters' at UvA in september, and I got an email a few days ago telling me that because of unprecedented demand, they were recommending that I start searching on the private market. Did you lot get that email too? I just want to know if they were directing it specifically to people who were unlikely to get a place or if it went out to everyone :smile:
Reply 3
I have been offered accommodation and will be studying at Roeterseiland campus, any ideas what the nearest accommodation is to this campus?
Reply 4
Original post by lukas1998.2
Hey!

I have also been accepted into European Studies at UvA! :smile: ANyway as far accomodation goes, they will send you an 'Information Newsletter' and in it it will explain everything. You will get link where you will need to log in and through there you can request housing. Personally I am looking for accomodation in the private sector aswell just in case, although it is such a headache >.<

Hey, I have also been accepted into European Studies at the University of Amsterdam. But I'm struggling with accommodation. Have you found anything in the private sector?
Reply 5
Original post by Gio22
Hey, I have also been accepted into European Studies at the University of Amsterdam. But I'm struggling with accommodation. Have you found anything in the private sector?

have you applied for accommodation via Duowa? This was very straight forwards
Original post by karench

hi karench
I have not applied via duwo as I am waiting for the offer from uVA. I understand the scheme is called "Accommodate".
have you found the accommodation with Duwo bypassing uVa completely?
Reply 7
Original post by karench

Hi
My son is also going to UvA for PPLE. I am still looking for accommodation. Please can you tell me where your son will be staying. We also live in Kent! Small world!
I have registered on Duwo but it appears my application has a small chance of being successful. Beginning to get concerned as he was going next week!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending