The Student Room Group

Ccea m2 discussion

I think so few people took this exam yesterday there's still not a thread about it so just wondering how people found it. 1. iii with the unit vector was a curveball for sure and the last question was tough but overall I found it in line with the other M2 exams. Am I the only person that took the exponential e on the last question the change the subject of the formula?
Hello. I also done M2 last Thursday. Not sure why you think unit vector was a curve ball, it had come up before at different times and I think I remember doing it in C4. The last question was fairly standard but I just think the substitution of the V and g or k whatever it was would have caught many out, including myself. How did you find the rest of the paper? Did you do FP3?
Reply 2
Original post by ExamBuddy101
Hello. I also done M2 last Thursday. Not sure why you think unit vector was a curve ball, it had come up before at different times and I think I remember doing it in C4. The last question was fairly standard but I just think the substitution of the V and g or k whatever it was would have caught many out, including myself. How did you find the rest of the paper? Did you do FP3?

Might just be because I've at AS level. M3 and FP1 next.
Reply 3

Yeah that is what i ddd for the final question. The only thing i coudlnt do actually was the unit vector :s-smilie: completely forgot how to do it
Original post by IChoseM2
Might just be because I've at AS level. M3 and FP1 next.

Ah, my apologies then, I did C1-4/M1/S1 last year and FP1-3/M2-4 this year. How do you manage the aspects of M2/3 that use things from C3/4 such as differential equations or some of the integration?
Original post by Mr.bob
Yeah that is what i ddd for the final question. The only thing i coudlnt do actually was the unit vector :s-smilie: completely forgot how to do it

What other Further Maths modules are you doing this year? Did you do FP3?
Reply 6
What other Further Maths modules are you doing this year? Did you do FP3?

Just doing AS further. Did you do c4 today for normal A level maths? What did you think of it?
Original post by Mr.bob
Just doing AS further. Did you do c4 today for normal A level maths? What did you think of it?

Ah ok, so which modules do you do for AS Further then? M2/FP1 and what else, M3? No, I done all of my A Level last year and our C4 paper was easy I thought! How did you find C4 today? Heard it was challenging in parts.
Reply 8
anyone know what grade boundaries tend to be for m2?
Reply 9
Did anyone do F3?
Original post by doudsy
Did anyone do F3?

Yes, I did FP3. What did you think of it? I thought some of it was impossible, with some of it being fine, like the reduction formulae and the like. Some parts were very difficult however. My class all thought the same. My teacher was at a CCEA conference on Monday and they told him they made it deliberately like that. What about you and your class?
Reply 11
Yes, I did FP3. What did you think of it? I thought some of it was impossible, with some of it being fine, like the reduction formulae and the like. Some parts were very difficult however. My class all thought the same. My teacher was at a CCEA conference on Monday and they told him they made it deliberately like that. What about you and your class?

yea my class all found it deadly, reduction was the easiest bit considering its usually the worst lol
Original post by doudsy
yea my class all found it deadly, reduction was the easiest bit considering its usually the worst lol

True that haha, and I hope my 'deadly' you mean impossible :wink: at least you knew when you got it right but. Did you do M3 yesterday or FP2 on Friday?
Reply 13
True that haha, and I hope my 'deadly' you mean impossible :wink: at least you knew when you got it right but. Did you do M3 yesterday or FP2 on Friday?

yea f3 was impossible lol,yea did both of them found f2 not too bad compared to f3, and m3 yesterday was fairly straitghforward bar the last question.
Original post by doudsy
yea f3 was impossible lol,yea did both of them found f2 not too bad compared to f3, and m3 yesterday was fairly straitghforward bar the last question.

Yea, same! Did you get any marks for last question? I got part i) and will get half of marks for iii)
Reply 15
Yea think so, got part I then think I got the min speed and for the last one I got a stupid answer but should hopefully get some
Method marks
Original post by doudsy
Yea think so, got part I then think I got the min speed and for the last one I got a stupid answer but should hopefully get some
Method marks

Not so bad, so FP1 and M4 next week or not?
Reply 17
Not so bad, so FP1 and M4 next week or not?

f1 yea but s2 on friday
Original post by doudsy
f1 yea but s2 on friday

S2 sounds horrible .. but good luck with it!

Quick Reply