The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Product Design 27th June

Not seen a thread for this, decided to make one.

What does everyone think is gonna come up for things such as the design question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by JesseW182

What does everyone think is gonna come up for things such as the design question?

my teacher has suggested it's all going to be on charity boxes and we may have to design a box for a charity cardboard box including tabs etc
[QUOTE="MeaganL;65941636"]
Original post by JesseW182

my teacher has suggested it's all going to be on charity boxes and we may have to design a box for a charity cardboard box including tabs etc

How is your revision going for the exam, it's draining me out!:redface:
[QUOTE="starstudent7;65996285"]
Original post by MeaganL

What have you revised? I have this exam and I've never had a theory lesson in my life!
The preliminary material says the context is Charity Boxes
[QUOTE="SkyeAmber;66003865"]
Original post by starstudent7

What have you revised? I have this exam and I've never had a theory lesson in my life!

I understand,:smile: we did have theory lessons but it wasn't useful as the teacher just read out the revision guide:biggrin:. I have revised by reading though my revision guide and highlighting key bits then I have memorised.:smile: It is taking ages, I think I will go over the key bits again and again until it sticks in my head. I managed to get an A* in my mock without revising so hopefully it works out the same in our exam.:redface: I am currently doing past papers for it! Wbu?:smile:
[QUOTE="starstudent7;66007960"]
Original post by SkyeAmber

I understand,:smile: we did have theory lessons but it wasn't useful as the teacher just read out the revision guide:biggrin:. I have revised by reading though my revision guide and highlighting key bits then I have memorised.:smile: It is taking ages, I think I will go over the key bits again and again until it sticks in my head. I managed to get an A* in my mock without revising so hopefully it works out the same in our exam.:redface: I am currently doing past papers for it! Wbu?:smile:

I got an A in my mock without revision but I think the teacher was just being nice, we've literally been messed around so much! We did our whole two year course in like 2 months, I think I only need 26 marks for a C but I'm not too sure. I've not even got a revision guide so I'll just probably look on bite size and try and do some past papers!
Reply 7
[QUOTE="starstudent7;65996285"]
Original post by MeaganL

I've made flash cards and a few past papers to see what they look for in markschemr but I'm so nervous for it. Any suggestions on how to revise?
[QUOTE="SkyeAmber;66011458"]

I got an A in my mock without revision but I think the teacher was just being nice, we've literally been messed around so much! We did our whole two year course in like 2 months, I think I only need 26 marks for a C but I'm not too sure. I've not even got a revision guide so I'll just probably look on bite size and try and do some past papers!

That's good.:smile: What did you get in your C.A? Also it's so annoying that our exam is the last and everyone is free at home whereas we are the only ones revising.:frown:We got our revision guides from school for free, I am surprised that you didn't get one.:smile: Wow that's really quick to do your course in 2 months.:eek: Anyways good luck.:wink:
To be honest the technology department at my school was a bit of shambles, and having 4 different teachers over the course didn't help either. We spent most of Year 9 "preparing" for coursework by doing design projects, which in the end didn't help at all. We spent way too long on the coursework, we only finished in March, and our lessons are so disruptive, so nothing ever gets taught.

Anyway, I have done barely any revision, as I've had about 25 other exams that I've been prioritizing over Product Design. Anyway i'm relying on the design question to be "Design a charity flat pack collection box or something similar".. :P I wish i never picked product design lol
Original post by Curry Muncher
To be honest the technology department at my school was a bit of shambles, and having 4 different teachers over the course didn't help either. We spent most of Year 9 "preparing" for coursework by doing design projects, which in the end didn't help at all. We spent way too long on the coursework, we only finished in March, and our lessons are so disruptive, so nothing ever gets taught.

Anyway, I have done barely any revision, as I've had about 25 other exams that I've been prioritizing over Product Design. Anyway i'm relying on the design question to be "Design a charity flat pack collection box or something similar".. :P I wish i never picked product design lol

The story of my life lol:smile: Although I've managed some revision, I am not that confident though. I really want an A* so I am revising as much as I can.:biggrin:
The story of my life lol:smile: Although I've managed some revision, I am not that confident though. I really want an A* so I am revising as much as I can.:biggrin:

Ah good luck! I only have 3 days to revise as I have an exam tomorrow :colonhash:
I genuinely have no clue what to revise, we only finished coursework like 2 weeks ago and we haven't had a lesson since! I've never had anything taught to me at all during my product design classes apart from the charity box question. I didn't even get told what I got in my course work, literally my whole class has given up, no one knows a thing what so ever :frown:
Same here. Our coursework was finished so late we havent had any theory lessons what so ever. All of us know nothing. Our coursework's pushed the deadline so much.

Everyone has given up in our class as well. It's ridiculous! There is so much you have to revise in this exam and we have only been doing the product design course for an hour a week for one year!
I got 84/90 on the coursework which is barely an A* because i know i am going to fail miserably on the exam because i have no idea about anything.
Original post by Curry Muncher
Ah good luck! I only have 3 days to revise as I have an exam tomorrow :colonhash:

Aww thank you and same to you.:smile: Hope your exam is good tomorrow, what exam do you have?:smile:
Original post by James2021
Same here. Our coursework was finished so late we havent had any theory lessons what so ever. All of us know nothing. Our coursework's pushed the deadline so much.

Everyone has given up in our class as well. It's ridiculous! There is so much you have to revise in this exam and we have only been doing the product design course for an hour a week for one year!
I got 84/90 on the coursework which is barely an A* because i know i am going to fail miserably on the exam because i have no idea about anything.

Don't worry, I am sure that you will still do well in your exam!:smile: You can attempt most of the questions with knowledge you gained from other subjects so just hope that it's a good exam. :smile:I think everyone that does product design have the same problem about not being taught enough for the exam and focused more on the coursework.:biggrin: That is still a really good mark though so you should definitely try for an A* in the exam if not at least an A. I got 88/90 in my coursework which is not much higher than yours and I am predicted an A*9 so just try your best.:wink: Good luck.:smile:
[QUOTE="MeaganL;66021023"]

I've made flash cards and a few past papers to see what they look for in markschemr but I'm so nervous for it. Any suggestions on how to revise?

I am just reading and memorizing the key bits in my revision guide.:smile: I have also done all the past papers. There is so much content for the exam that you need to know so I am so anxious about the exam.:smile: Good luck.:smile:
Reply 17
[QUOTE="starstudent7;66047613"]
Original post by MeaganL

I am just reading and memorizing the key bits in my revision guide.:smile: I have also done all the past papers. There is so much content for the exam that you need to know so I am so anxious about the exam.:smile: Good luck.:smile:

I've just had a revision session at school today and I'm having another tomorrow. I think I'll have a look at the past papers thanks for the idea!! Are you doing the exam as a textiles student or wood work student or food??
[QUOTE="MeaganL;66047761"]

I've just had a revision session at school today and I'm having another tomorrow. I think I'll have a look at the past papers thanks for the idea!! Are you doing the exam as a textiles student or wood work student or food??

That's good.:smile: What exam do you have? I am doing it as a textiles student you?:smile: Good luck for your exam tommorow.:wink:
Revise from the technology student Product Design, it even covers stuff on charity boxes. Hope it helps
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending