The Student Room Group

How will you celebrate when Brexit happens?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by floury
I'm guessing you're German. EU but non-British nationals are evidently *****ing themselves now we look poised to leave the EU and risk their residency rights. Do a quick BBC search on the number of Brazilian-Portuguese people who have applied for citizenship, as they've got through so many pairs of underwear through *****ing themselves since the referendum was announced.

Posted from TSR Mobile

rather you than me :teehee:
To all the people claiming they'll leave.

No you won't. You don't have the will or the wherewithal and you know it. This country will be just the same, but more democratic and a little less bound up by red tape. You'll forget about it and get on with your life.
Original post by TelAviv
There's going to be so many resources left laying around if all the betas leave the country because of a Brexit :smile:

I'm finding Poe's law in full effect here.
Original post by Sisuphos
You wouldn't be able to 'cos freedom of movement within the EU wouldn't exist anymore and it's effectively impossible to migrate to the US or Canada.

I just did a quick test, and it'd be easy for me to pass the points requirements for immigration to Canada. You'll likely find the same of many skilled workers.

And the lack of freedom of movement in the EU doesn't mean "immigration is banned". It just makes things much more difficult for unskilled workers.
Reply 83
by going for a ****
Tea & Scones party anyone?
Original post by TimmonaPortella

No you won't. You don't have the will or the wherewithal and you know it. This country will be just the same, but more democratic and a little less bound up by red tape. You'll forget about it and get on with your life.

More democratic? Brilliant! Since the day I was born, I've wanted nothing more than for a Tory government to have total freedom to repeal my rights and all of our animal welfare and environmental legislation! Make Britain great again!!!
Original post by JordanL_
More democratic? Brilliant! Since the day I was born, I've wanted nothing more than for a Tory government to have total freedom to repeal my rights and all of our animal welfare and environmental legislation! Make Britain great again!!!

You keep arguing publicly against democracy in the UK. You couldn't do Leave a greater service.
Original post by 0to100
I'll get a new job and higher pay. It'll be much easier with less people. :smile:

Judging by the display picture i doubt that
This vote truly is ignorance versus rationalism. Its the same sort of people who got Trump so popular, but in our country and its own context, I truly hope reason prevails.
Original post by TimmonaPortella

So what red tape do we have, wouldn't have to abide by even if we wanted to trade with the EU and causes any noticeable hassle?

Won't be celebrating - but probably try and ride out the inevitable financial crash, buy a house once they've become worthless and take advantage of the granny rule to get a Scottish passport so I can retain the benefits of the EU when the United Kingdom is irrevocably destroyed by indyref 2.0 and renewal of the troubles due to the falling apart of the good Friday agreement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Wake up from the dream. And realise it didn't happen :lol:
Reply 91
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by floury
I bloody will stick my fingers at you 'bro'. Telling us what to do while France sat on its frog/horse eating arse while it waited for the UK, USA and Russia to liberate it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well aren't you a charming one? I don't like using this phrase but you really are one of those "**** posters"
Original post by drowzee
I will not be celebrating that's for sure. I'm annoyed I can't vote :colonhash:

How old are you since you can't vote?

Is that Priyanka Chopra in your prof pic? :redface:
I take it you must be a fan of her :lol: My mum can't stand her :laugh:
So basically by choosing to leave essentially the pound value would drop --> rip to peoples jobs --> rip to businesses --> rip NHS --> rip to life.

Not to mention that tuition fees are going to rise yet again :shot: aswell as there being less academic funding for UK, which will cause UK to lose its position in the world for research. :rip: sciences! :bawling:

Take home message: move out. :getmecoat:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
To all the kiddies saying they'll up and leave:

1) About 1 in 10 of you will actually do so, max :rolleyes:

2) To those 1 in 10, we say: good luck to you, and don't forget to close the door on your way out :chaplin:

What will you do if we remain?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by Bornblue
What will you do if we remain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're not going to remain! So get that thought out of your head.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
So basically by choosing to leave essentially the pound value would drop --> rip to peoples jobs --> rip to businesses --> rip NHS --> rip to life.

Not to mention that tuition fees are going to rise yet again :shot: aswell as there being less academic funding for UK, which will cause it to lose its position in the world for research. :rip: sciences! :bawling:

Take home message: move out. :getmecoat:

You were given a so called "warning" that the Pound will drop by a Banker named George Soros.
He is the guy that is making profit from our losses. He is lying, because he doesnt want us to leave the EU. I would not trust these guys.
Im Voting Leave mate, and advising everyone else to do so aswell.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
To all the kiddies saying they'll up and leave:

1) About 1 in 10 of you will actually do so, max :rolleyes:

2) To those 1 in 10, we say: good luck to you, and don't forget to close the door on your way out :chaplin:

I suppose everyone is a 'kiddie' when you're a 30 year old hanging on TSR
Original post by Naveed-7
You were given a so called "warning" that the Pound will drop by a Banker named George Soros.
He is the guy that is making profit from our losses. He is lying, because he doesnt want us to leave the EU. I would not trust these guys.
Im Voting Leave mate.

Oh and Boris Johnson/Gove are the go-to guys when it comes to trust, aren't they? :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending