The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Can you get into Manchester university without physics for chemical Engineering?

I do chemistry, biology and maths
According to their website you need AAA in Mathematics, one science subject and one other academic subject, so yes you can as it doesn't specifically state Physics as a requirement :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Curry Muncher
According to their website you need AAA in Mathematics, one science subject and one other academic subject, so yes you can as it doesn't specifically state Physics as a requirement :smile:

On the UCAS search it says you need physics
Original post by APersonYo
On the UCAS search it says you need physics

Well it depends, I think there are 3 different undergrad chemical engineering degrees at Manchester, so the requirements for each one may be different
Reply 4
Well it depends, I think there are 3 different undergrad chemical engineering degrees at Manchester, so the requirements for each one may be different

no they all say physics
no they all say physics

Well then I guess you should follow UCAS then. If you're still unsure you could always email the admissions office at Manchester
Reply 6
Well then I guess you should follow UCAS then. If you're still unsure you could always email the admissions office at Manchester

Im worried cause this means Im going to have to do a physics A level in one year

No the OP should follow what the university website says as they are the ones that set their course requirements.
Im worried cause this means Im going to have to do a physics A level in one year

Its much more likely the ucas website is wrong, just drop the manchester chem eng admissions tutor an email to double check
Original post by madmadmax321
No the OP should follow what the university website says as they are the ones that set their course requirements.

That's probably a better idea
That's probably a better idea

Hi there, Our University website says you do not need Physics in particular. But if you're unsure, you can email the Faculty admissions team at: [email protected] or call 0161 306 5984.
Good luck!
Thanks, Susannah
Reply 11
Original post by University Of Manchester
Hi there, Our University website says you do not need Physics in particular. But if you're unsure, you can email the Faculty admissions team at: [email protected] or call 0161 306 5984.
Good luck!
Thanks, Susannah

Hey I called today and they said we don't so thats good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending