The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 4 (ECON4) June 23rd OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by BirdIsWord
That would be good. A lot will have prepared for specific EU questions which is bad for me becauuse i havent prepared much :':wink:

lmfao lose lose situation
Reply 141
Guys do you think they'd miss out questions they put in econ2 from econ4??? would cancel a lot of things out for me loool
Original post by Caius Filimon
Same; macroecon is my last exam and it's usually really easy so I reeaaaallyyy mismanaged my time today

Yep this is me
Reply 143
im probably gonna scim through EU but hopefully they dont put it in
world-economy-in-2015-review.jpg

Given that the exam is written 15-18 months beforehand, this infographic may be of use in building up Predictions
Reply 145
im not gonna revise unemployment aswell thats bull
Reply 146
If international students flow in and money to domestic universities- is that part of Foreign Direct Investment? or
Original post by Kitkat5
If international students flow in and money to domestic universities- is that part of Foreign Direct Investment? or

I don't think so. FDI is mainly when firms set up production bases or business offices in the UK (or buying up (acquisitions)). Not to be confused with Foreign Portfolio Investment which is investing in financial assets, such as stocks or bonds (UK Gov --> Gilts).

So to answer your question i'm guessing International Students paying for UK Universities is essentially considered an export. (Exporting UK Goods and Services (Uni) to Foreign Consumers + Injection into the Circular Flow)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 148
Original post by coffee125
world-economy-in-2015-review.jpg

Given that the exam is written 15-18 months beforehand, this infographic may be of use in building up Predictions

Why didn't you put this here earlier? :'(((((((((((((( :frown:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

so what are your predictions now according to this?
What kind of stuff could be asked about the oil market? or the chinessee
Reply 149
Original post by Kitkat5
Why didn't you put this here earlier? :'(((((((((((((( :frown:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/15601/oil/are-falling-oil-prices-good-for-the-economy/
Original post by Kitkat5

Only got home a few minutes ago and decided to look at some predictions then found this beauty.

My predictions:

- Evaluate the impact on the UK of a slowdown in the Chinese economy + "Black Monday" in october 2015 had a massive impact on the financial markets and the ensuing Financial Market turmoil and volatility in the first few weeks of 2016

- Assess the impact on unemployment of the UK leaving the EU (They had unemployment last year though so unlikely; they may be devilish and so could ask on c/acc or budget relating to EU)

- Assess the effectiveness of interest rates in achieving the Bank of England's Inflationary objectives (something along those lines --> ECB Monetary Policy)

- Greece and the Bailouts were hot in the news during the summer so you could expect something relating to that

- China devalued the Yuan in August 2015, so you could expect something on Fixed vs. Floating Exchange rates

- Eurozone membership

- Fed raised rates --> Whether or not we should, or follow the ECB into negative territory

I really really really would not be shocked to see them ask a question about Negative Interest Rates as it's a new topic across Central Banks with more and more of them adopting the negative rates, but it isnt SPECIFICALLY mentioned on the spec. However it does mention Interest rates as whole (not just positive ones).........

In accord with most of what other users mentioned about euro and stuff
Original post by Kitkat5

No it would be an export of trade in service so the current account
Reply 153
Can someone help me with the Chinese economic slowdown!! What questions could they ask and what could u write?
I don't really see why there would be anything on Oil. It's mainly a Unit 2 topic. Whilst Oil had an impact in 2015 (falling to low of about $28 ( UK Brent ) ), dragging down with it South America and Russia, there are many more Unit 4-esque topics to discuss.
Reply 155
Original post by coffee125
Only got home a few minutes ago and decided to look at some predictions then found this beauty.

My predictions:

- Evaluate the impact on the UK of a slowdown in the Chinese economy + "Black Monday" in october 2015 had a massive impact on the financial markets and the ensuing Financial Market turmoil and volatility in the first few weeks of 2016

- Assess the impact on unemployment of the UK leaving the EU (They had unemployment last year though so unlikely; they may be devilish and so could ask on c/acc or budget relating to EU)

- Assess the effectiveness of interest rates in achieving the Bank of England's Inflationary objectives (something along those lines --> ECB Monetary Policy)

- Greece and the Bailouts were hot in the news during the summer so you could expect something relating to that

- China devalued the Yuan in August 2015, so you could expect something on Fixed vs. Floating Exchange rates

- Eurozone membership

- Fed raised rates --> Whether or not we should, or follow the ECB into negative territory

I really really really would not be shocked to see them ask a question about Negative Interest Rates as it's a new topic across Central Banks with more and more of them adopting the negative rates, but it isnt SPECIFICALLY mentioned on the spec. However it does mention Interest rates as whole (not just positive ones).........

In accord with most of what other users mentioned about euro and stuff

- first bullet point in english plz? :colondollar:
- yes i think interest rates are deffo likely ones -
are these predictions for section A or section B?
Reply 156
What happened during the Chinese economics Slowdown! beg someone reply lool
Original post by badgyal

They can ask how the slowdown can affect the growth of the UK economy
Reply 158
Original post by Nutcaserob
They can ask how the slowdown can affect the growth of the UK economy

Thanks :smile: how would u personally answer that question?
Original post by badgyal

Original post by Kitkat5
- first bullet point in english plz? - yes i think interest rates are deffo likely ones -are these predictions for section A or section B?

Black Monday was used to describe a large amount of capital outflows from China following the popping of a Stock Market bubble which was caused by lower than expected GDP growth rates, and rising Steel Spare capacity (among other raw materials), raising questions above the TRUE potential of the Chinese Powerhouse and the rest of the global economy

Do you guys have access to the economist?

http://www.economist.com/news/business-and-finance/21662092-china-sneezing-rest-world-rightly-nervous-causes-and-consequences-chinas?zid=306&ah=1b164dbd43b0cb27ba0d4c3b12a5e227

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21662581-stockmarket-turmoil-china-need-not-spell-economic-doom-it-does-raise-questions-far?zid=306&ah=1b164dbd43b0cb27ba0d4c3b12a5e227

http://www.economist.com/news/special-report/21668719-china-shakes-worldbut-not-way-it-hoped-longer-march?zid=306&ah=1b164dbd43b0cb27ba0d4c3b12a5e227

http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21670084-region-not-crisis-slower-growth-hurting-running-out-puff?zid=306&ah=1b164dbd43b0cb27ba0d4c3b12a5e227

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending