The Student Room Group

I'm confused, some help please

I have applied to college to study BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care Extended Diploma but when I got a letter back from them, they said that I applied for the Subsidiary Diploma rather than the Extended Diploma. I'm confused because am I doing the Subsidiary Diploma for the first year of college and then doing Extended for the second year? Or do I have to apply for the same course again for the second year?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by d.juralbal
I have applied to college to study BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care Extended Diploma but when I got a letter back from them, they said that I applied for the Subsidiary Diploma rather than the Extended Diploma. I'm confused because am I doing the Subsidiary Diploma for the first year of college and then doing Extended for the second year? Or do I have to apply for the same course again for the second year?

The Sub Dip is year 1 and gives you a qualification equal to 1.5 A levels. Assuming you pass the first year and your attendance is good, you will continue on to second year and complete the Ext Dip which is equivalent to the full 3 A levels. All colleges do it differently; some automatically progress, some ask you to complete a progression form to go from year 1 to 2 and some have a second year interview. Either way you wil be planning to do the full 2 years.

Quick Reply

Latest