The Student Room Group

Resitting A-Level exam

Hi, if I were to sit an a2 level exam in June 2016, but got a bad grade, would I be able to resit this exam in June 2017?

I will be taking a gap year from 2016/2017, so was wondering if I would be able to resit any exams? The exams I would want to resit are a2 level, and not all of them, just a few (1/2). Is this possible? And if so, how?

If anyone has done this, any help/info would be greatly appreciated via posts on the thread/inboxing me a PM.

Thanks!!
Original post by SilverHorsey
Hi, if I were to sit an a2 level exam in June 2016, but got a bad grade, would I be able to resit this exam in June 2017?

I will be taking a gap year from 2016/2017, so was wondering if I would be able to resit any exams? The exams I would want to resit are a2 level, and not all of them, just a few (1/2). Is this possible? And if so, how?

If anyone has done this, any help/info would be greatly appreciated via posts on the thread/inboxing me a PM.

Thanks!!

This is what i've been wondering too! Normally you can but i wasnt sure with all the changes to the syllabus. I asked my teacher and she said there should definitely be a chance to resit a few exams as an external student, but im not sure if it also depends on the demand of students wanting to retake too.

Thanks!!

Original post by Cakey_101
This is what i've been wondering too! Normally you can but i wasnt sure with all the changes to the syllabus. I asked my teacher and she said there should definitely be a chance to resit a few exams as an external student, but im not sure if it also depends on the demand of students wanting to retake too.

Assuming your exam board is AQA, they have confirmed that legacy a-level exams can be resat for the last time in 2017
Oh no!:frown: My board is OCR for the exams Im not too confident on, and edexcel too:frown:
Oh no!:frown: My board is OCR for the exams Im not too confident on, and edexcel too:frown:

Email them asking them if resitting is possible, as far as I know only AQA is allowing last chance resits in 2017 for the legacy specs. You never know, though
Thanks I will be doing that! what do you mean by legacy btw?
Thanks I will be doing that! what do you mean by legacy btw?

The old specs before the big a-level reform; I don't know if it happened to OCR and Edexcel though
yes its happened to them too unfortunately
anybody know if it applies to WJEC?
Legacy papers- you can sit them as an external candidate in private centres!!!! I think I messed up some of my a2 papers, also taking a gap year. In the same position as ya
Original post by lulucoco98
Legacy papers- you can sit them as an external candidate in private centres!!!! I think I messed up some of my a2 papers, also taking a gap year. In the same position as ya

what boards were your exams you think you messed up on btw? do you have anything planned for your gap year atm?
what boards were your exams you think you messed up on btw? do you have anything planned for your gap year atm?

My politics and history papers- also doing an intensive Alevel as I dropped one earlier this year - I want to study history at uni so need ABB/AAB

Alevels have been a bit of a mess
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lulucoco98
My politics and history papers- also doing an intensive Alevel as I dropped one earlier this year - I want to study history at uni so need ABB/AAB

Alevels have been a bit of a mess

I'm looking to volunteer right now at the citizens advice bureau, I am also trying to find a paid job, trying to improve cv and all that. What about you?

yeah same grade i need:frown: definitely not getting them :s-smilie:

im looking to work for the year, dont want to waste a year. it might be good though because i need a rest from education if im honest

Thanks!!

On the government website it says you can resit your exams so this should apply towards all exam boards
Original post by Raizelcadres
On the government website it says you can resit your exams so this should apply towards all exam boards

can u link me pls?

Quick Reply

Latest