The Student Room Group

German Politician greets Parliament in 60 genders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Josb
Have the Greens asked their beloved refugees what they think of their "campaign for Acceptance of Gender and Sexual diversity"?

I hope they do, so when the refugees tell them that they do not accept such nonsense, the liberals can bend down to them like they normally do.
I propose three genders, which I think will make matters simpler:

MAN, WOMAN, and SNOWFLAKE.

On forms and legal identification, 'snowflake' will be expressed as 'S' followed by either M or F in parentheses to denote what you actually are. People with genuine mental or genetic conditions (diagnosed by a professional) who are undergoing or soon to be undergoing sex changes are not subject to this restriction, but their birth sex must stay on official record.

Simple.
Reply 22
I certainly understand why people are sceptical about every gender on that list, I personally haven't heard of many of those and I don't see how there's a difference between trans males and a trans men (although I respect people's rights to identify as whatever they want as it doesn't affect me in any way).

But what's with all this 'There are only two genders' stuff, surely you recognise it's not at all that simple? While many of the genders in the list are perhaps not founded on solid scientific research, there is for example, intersex which is a rare, but genuine thing that exists in biology. And in regards to the argument that claims that gender and sex are the same, even the Oxford Dictionary shows a distinction between the two, sex refers to biological differences, gender refers to cultural and social ones, so why are people so resistant to the idea of expanding the concept of gender beyond just men and women, it's clearly not that black and white.
Reply 23
Original post by Dandaman1
I propose three genders, which I think will make matters simpler:

MAN, WOMAN, and SNOWFLAKE.

On forms and legal identification, 'snowflake' will be expressed as 'S' followed by either M or F in parentheses to denote what you actually are. People with genuine mental or genetic conditions (diagnosed by a professional) who are undergoing or soon to be undergoing sex changes are not subject to this restriction, but their birth sex must stay on official record.

Simple.

I swear proposing an arrangement like this publicly in America could make the ACLU ask for your imprisonment.
Reply 24
Original post by Olie
I certainly understand why people are sceptical about every gender on that list, I personally haven't heard of many of those and I don't see how there's a difference between trans males and a trans men (although I respect people's rights to identify as whatever they want as it doesn't affect me in any way).

But what's with all this 'There are only two genders' stuff, surely you recognise it's not at all that simple? While many of the genders in the list are perhaps not founded on solid scientific research, there is for example, intersex which is a rare, but genuine thing that exists in biology. And in regards to the argument that claims that gender and sex are the same, even the Oxford Dictionary shows a distinction between the two, sex refers to biological differences, gender refers to cultural and social ones, so why are people so resistant to the idea of expanding the concept of gender beyond just men and women, it's clearly not that black and white.

Please show me the biology in being a "people of spirit"
Leftists do not believe in what they call "biological essentialism". Meaning that there is something prior to man, in the form of innate characteristics determined by heredity.

There have been many pseudo-scientific movements over the years, such as Lysenkoism and Boas' take on cranial plasticity, which attempted to attribute physical and psychic differences between the races and sexes purely to environment (i.e. environmental determinism). More important is the logical conclusion of believing in environmental determinism. If everything is determined by environment, then logically you can manufacture genders and attribute any difference that would be uncomfortable to admit as innate to some putative environmental cause.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending