The Student Room Group

Transfering uni - personal statement

Hi guys,
I'd like to transfer university after year one, and to do so I have to apply on UCAS.
Do I have to write a new personal statement, or can I submit the one I used when I first came to uni?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.
Yes, you can reuse your old personal statement but I think it would be a mistake not to update it a little. You must have extended your knowledge of your chosen subject over the last year, so talk about what you've learned, what you enjoyed and what you want to study in the future.
Reply 2
I applied to transfer to different unis this year. I used the exact same personal statement and got offers.
Reply 3
Thank you guys!
Reply 4
Could anyone give me advice on how I can improve my Personal statement for biomedical science?

(deleted PS)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Avasid
Could anyone give me advice on how I can improve my Personal statement for biomedical science?
xxxxxx

The first line doesnt make sense, the its not infinite if we reach heat death.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
What about the rest of it?
@jneill I think you're the only mod online :colondollar: but I think you should remove the personal statement. Has it been up long enough to be cached by Google?
Reply 8
Original post by Snufkin
@jneill I think you're the only mod online :colondollar: but I think you should remove the personal statement. Has it been up long enough to be cached by Google?

Sorry - just seen this.

I've deleted it but it is likely to be too late!
Reply 9
Original post by Avasid

(deleted PS)

Original post by physicsphysics91
The first line doesnt make sense, the its not infinite if we reach heat death.

Original post by Snufkin

OP, it is a breach of UCAS conditions to post your PS on any website, social media or share it with anyone.

I have checked online and Google, for example, has already indexed your earlier posts elsewhere on TSR. See screenshot.

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 09.16.16.jpg
and
Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 09.26.21.jpg

You will need to completely change it otherwise UCAS will potentially flag and reject your application for plagiarism.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
OP, it is a breach of UCAS conditions to post your PS on any social media or share it with anyone.

I have checked online and Google, for example, has already indexed your earlier posts elsewhere on TSR. See screenshot.

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 09.16.16.jpg
and
Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 09.26.01.jpg

You will need to completely change it otherwise UCAS will potentially flag and reject your application for plagiarism.

How come I am quoted in this
Reply 11
Original post by physicsphysics91
How come I am quoted in this

Because you quoted the PS.
Reply 12
Oh gosh! Now I have to write one again?
Reply 13
Original post by Avasid
Oh gosh! Now I have to write one again?

Yes - and there's a stickied post at the top of this forum explaining why you shouldn't post up your PS.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3662351

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending