The Student Room Group

Is anyone here planning on moving to Ireland if

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by illegaltobepoor
Remain camp hates freedom and democracy!

To the bigots on this forum, welcome.

You're being an arse by saying that mate. You clearly don't know.
Original post by Proximo
No we just care about people's jobs and livelihoods a lot more.

You are aware protectionist policies just end up giving business a slow death. your jobs just face redundancies when global competition becomes more efficient.
Original post by tomlam
Ever been to Ireland? it's like Liverpool but a country.
Not a bad thing like but it's not everyone's thing. It's a long shot from Manchester and London though.

I reckon people are falsely scared, we won't exit the EU imo, we're a sane country (I hope).
Besides, in the event of an exit, it won't be that bad at least until we've negotiated how the exit's going to work, we won't have exited by the end of the week let's be serious. There'll be a few years of negotiation and then we'll leave.

One of my best friends lives in Dublin and I have visited her quite a few times. It's very nice over there, even though I love London more than anywhere else.
It could. Remember all those right-wingers who have been ignored and oppressed for the last 30 years by cultural marxists.

Are you a conspiracy theorist of some sort?

So-called "cultural Marxism" has never been a thing in the UK. If anything, the Left has been bending over backwards to appease right-wingers in the recent years. New Labour is a good example of this. Why you lot want to always view yourselves as oppressed victims is beyond me, it has actually gone beyond laughable.
Original post by WBZ144
Are you a conspiracy theorist of some sort?

So-called "cultural Marxism" has never been a thing in the UK. If anything, the Left has been bending over backwards to appease right-wingers in the recent years. New Labour is a good example of this. Why you lot want to always view yourselves as oppressed victims is beyond me, it has actually gone beyond laughable.

Freedom of Speech? If you remotely use a word which is deemed offensive you can be put in prison for up to 4 years.
Freedom of Speech? If you remotely use a word which is deemed offensive you can be put in prison for up to 4 years.

Correction: you can be arrested for hate speech; which is inciting hatred and violence. Plenty of people have used their right to free-speech in order to be offensive and are doing just fine.

What exactly has this got to do with the EU?
Original post by DorianGrayism
why

I don't wanna derail the thread with all the reasons I'd rather be anywhere but here, but suffice it to say that I don't like it here and think I will have a better life elsewhere :tongue: Partially why idgaf what people vote, I'm not staying regardless
Original post by alexschmalex
I don't wanna derail the thread with all the reasons I'd rather be anywhere but here, but suffice it to say that I don't like it here and think I will have a better life elsewhere :tongue: Partially why idgaf what people vote, I'm not staying regardless

I love this country and will always come back to it but I want to live in as many countries as possible. There's just so much more excitement and adventure in moving to different places.

I lived abroad more than once as a kid because of my parent's employment. I'm glad I did and have learned a lot :smile:
Original post by alexschmalex

Well, good luck.

I think you should keep the citizenship anyway. It might be handy in the future, if not for yourself, then maybe for your kids.

Vote remain if you can !
[video="youtube;vTCIwo3cEvU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTCIwo3cEvU[/video]
Reply 30
Go where you want and stop telling us your travel plans like we care
Original post by Several
Go where you want and stop telling us your travel plans like we care

It's an online forum, people are always talking about their lives and future plans here. You don't have to read it if you don't like it :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by WBZ144
Correction: you can be arrested for hate speech; which is inciting hatred and violence. Plenty of people have used their right to free-speech in order to be offensive and are doing just fine.

What exactly has this got to do with the EU?

You can be jailed over a joke, sounds like free speech.
Original post by joecphillips
You can be jailed over a joke, sounds like free speech.

Very vague - what kind of a "joke"? One that incites violence and hatred?

There were several "jokes" about how the Jews were hooked nosed, sly, greedy and spiteful, eventually people began to believe it was true.
Reply 34
Original post by WBZ144
Very vague - what kind of a "joke"? One that incites violence and hatred?

There were several "jokes" about how the Jews were hooked nosed, sly, greedy and spiteful, eventually people began to believe it was true.

Does not incite hatred or violence just scummy jokes, you shouldn't make them types of jokes but it should not be criminal to do so.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/oct/08/april-jones-matthew-woods-jailed
Original post by Naveed-7
[video="youtube;vTCIwo3cEvU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTCIwo3cEvU[/video]

The remain camp won't listen to a outsider using economic realism.

They like to listen to keynesian idiots like paul krugman and mark carney who like typing numbers into a computer, crediting banks with money created out of thin air.
Does not incite hatred or violence just scummy jokes, you shouldn't make them types of jokes but it should not be criminal to do so.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/oct/08/april-jones-matthew-woods-jailed

That's one decision which I completely disagree with, but I can't help but wonder whether he would have been arrested in the first place if his life wasn't at risk. Clearly it's a case of public interest.
Reply 37
Original post by WBZ144
It's an online forum, people are always talking about their lives and future plans here. You don't have to read it if you don't like it :smile:

Yeah but when I see this redundant garbage everywhere I look it gets annoying.

"Oh IF Britain leave the UK, I'm moving to Cuba"

"I'm moving to Ireland"

"I'm moving to the Moon"

Please Tell someone who cares
Reply 38
Original post by WBZ144
That's one decision which I completely disagree with, but I can't help but wonder whether he would have been arrested in the first place if his life wasn't at risk. Clearly it's a case of public interest.

How is it in the public interest to jail someone for speech instead of people who put someone's safety at risk?
Reply 39
How is it in the public interest to jail someone for speech instead of people who put someone's safety at risk?

I think she meant to say it's the LIBERAL public interest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending