The Student Room Group

Does this explain the manosphere?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jebedee
And since the mainstream (assuming those idiots aren't the mainstream) have made zero effort denouncing the idiots, they go in the same bag. Feminism is not about equality, you're talking about egalitarianism.

Roosh is a fairly recent addition, I started off with David DeAngelo over ten years ago and it brought some good results and while I didn't struggle so much after that, I always like to improve my game. The same way a musician doesn't quit after he's finished learning his first song. Roosh has some good insights on gaming Eastern European chicks and the cultural quirks that come with them in his Bang series. I've personally traveled to a few of the locations he wrote about and noticed very similar nuances so I do grant a certain degree of trust in his word on that topic.

I disagree. I believe most mainstream feminists are actively repulsed by the extremist female superiority supporters, they simply choose to focus on their goal of equality rather than spending all their time trying to denounce idiots at the extremes. Like just about every other movement.

Ah, so you were successful because of pickup artists, that explains a lot. Although I personally find comparing playing a musical instrument to picking up women rather crude, whatever floats your boat. Incidentally I can't get too excited over pick up artists, they're simply men making money off the desperation of others, which is nothing new although I do draw the line when they start encouraging rape.

If you've been in a relationship for four years why do you need to pick up women though?
Original post by Elivercury
I disagree. I believe most mainstream feminists are actively repulsed by the extremist female superiority supporters, they simply choose to focus on their goal of equality rather than spending all their time trying to denounce idiots at the extremes. Like just about every other movement.

Ah, so you were successful because of pickup artists, that explains a lot. Although I personally find comparing playing a musical instrument to picking up women rather crude, whatever floats your boat. Incidentally I can't get too excited over pick up artists, they're simply men making money off the desperation of others, which is nothing new although I do draw the line when they start encouraging rape.

If you've been in a relationship for four years why do you need to pick up women though?

I don't see those feminists disgusted at them myself, I just notice them happy to see their numbers increase regardless, but I won't argue with your personal experience.

I wasn't a natural with women, I don't think I need to be ashamed for saying that, neither do I need to be doomed to loneliness to fit some convenient stereotype. I found most of the American PUAs quite cringeworthy in their approach at times but I put that down to just general American-ness. The inner mindset (inner game) is what really matters, not silly card tricks in the club.
Crude as you might find it, it is a skill and a learnable one at that. So what if they make money? If you're good at something, don't do it for free. No one "encouraged rape", now I know 100% you are getting all of your info from the media.

It isn't just about picking up women, game is about how you interact with people in general and if you've ever been in a relationship for a few years, you'll know that when you come out of it you'll probably be rusty as hell speaking to women. So it pays to keep sharp.

Original post by Thutmose-III
Tbf no-one who is actually in a LT relationship spends their time on that forum rather than with their significant other

Gotta love those cushy office jobs.
Tbf no-one who is actually in a LT relationship spends their time on that forum rather than with their significant other

Sure they do. What else would I do at work? Also it is entirely possible to be on a forum while with your partner (although I don't tend to as I have better things to do with my evenings). Just because you wouldn't choose to do it doesn't mean that others don't.
Original post by Jebedee

You seem to think this is a debate. I don't particularly care what you think, neither am I trying to change it. I'm simply telling you what I know to be true.

What you "know" to be true on the question of the feminist lesbian conspiracy is bonkers.

I have no doubt they make up a certain proportion of followers. What's your point?

My point is that normal people who have a normal life (married, kids, girlfriend, professional success, etc) are not attracted to an ideology that spends so much of its energy being bitter and railing against the world and half of the human race.

Why did you bother asking if you had already made up your mind? For all you know she could be a wildebeast but without knowing or inquiring

I wanted to see what you would say, how blatant it would be.

you framed having a gf/partner as a high benchmark of achievement

Not a high benchmark of achievement, it's the normal state for the vast majority of people. Which is why it's so pathetic that PUA are unable to find a woman who will be with them

So you putting that on a pedestal tells me it is very likely you are quite lonely in this respect. But that's just my conjecture. :u:

Your lashing out in this way is in exercise in futility. The smiley is so contrived that one could almost picture the lip quivering.

17.= years old.

So you're a 27 year old man who spends a lot of time on the internet talking to teenage boys about their sex lives, and spreading the message that women are selfish, stupid and need to be insulted. But you're happily paired up with a woman you love. That sounds completely implausible.

People who can't get laid in their home countries seldom get laid abroad.

People who can't get laid at home go overseas because they can either find a cheap prostitute or women whose economic circumstances makes a Western man a prospect to improve their lives. It's not a coincidence that PUAs go to countries like Russia and the Philippines to find women, and that when they go to those countries the women who are from wealthy, well-connected families wouldn't look at twice at them. It's only the poor women they have a shot with.

If you've been following my posts so carefully you should know I'm very critical of British girls.

I haven't followed your posts because I don't go on that forum, I just clicked onto your profile to see where the bulk of your posts were and saw that over 2000 of them were on the relationships forum.

As for "critical of British girls", there are lots of fantastic British women. It is the men whose personalities make them revolting to women who are embittered against them and become hysterical shrieking that English women are sluts, fat, etc. Guys who don't have any problems interacting with women don't need to go to Thailand to get laid.

You don't go abroad to get women, you go abroad to get BETTER women.

If you can't get any women at home then you go abroad to meet women whose standards are lower. This is not a new phenomenon, they were doing it in the 19th century

Anyway I'm off because this is clearly a very unhealthy subject and this confirms why I've steered clear of it for so long. It's absolutely toxic
(edited 7 years ago)

PRSOM
Sure they do. What else would I do at work? Also it is entirely possible to be on a forum while with your partner (although I don't tend to as I have better things to do with my evenings). Just because you wouldn't choose to do it doesn't mean that others don't.

You're right to a degree. But I don't find it consistent that someone would have a LT female partner who they love, but also spend a lot of time on the relationships forum speaking to teenage boys about their sex lives and spreading propaganda that British women are fat and promiscuous.

The PUA seminars are invariably filled with men who find it very difficult to interact with women. Men who are happily paired up with a woman they love are not attracted to it.

As I said above I'm going to head off this thread permanently because the whole subject is just so toxic. It's because of crap like this I thank god I'm gay (and I mean that as no offence to women at all; all the times I've been with women I liked it but with guys it's just so much simpler and one doesn't have to get involved in this crazy battle of the sexes stuff).
What you "know" to be true on the question of the feminist lesbian conspiracy is bonkers.

My point is that normal people who have a normal life (married, kids, girlfriend, professional success, etc) are not attracted to an ideology that spends so much of its energy being bitter and railing against the world and half of the human race.

I wanted to see what you would say, how blatant it would be.

Not a high benchmark of achievement, it's the normal state for the vast majority of people. Which is why it's so pathetic that PUA are unable to find a woman who will be with them

Your lashing out in this way is in exercise in futility. The smiley is so contrived that one could almost picture the lip quivering.

So you're a 27 year old man who spends a lot of time on the internet talking to teenage boys about their sex lives, and spreading the message that women are selfish, stupid and need to be insulted. But you're happily paired up with a woman you love. That sounds completely implausible.

People who can't get laid at home go overseas because they can either find a cheap prostitute or women whose economic circumstances makes a Western man a prospect to improve their lives. It's not a coincidence that PUAs go to countries like Russia and the Philippines to find women, and that when they go to those countries the women who are from wealthy, well-connected families wouldn't look at twice at them. It's only the poor women they have a shot with.

I haven't followed your posts because I don't go on that forum, I just clicked onto your profile to see where the bulk of your posts were and saw that over 2000 of them were on the relationships forum.

As for "critical of British girls", there are lots of fantastic British women. It is the men whose personalities make them revolting to women who are embittered against them and become hysterical shrieking that English women are sluts, fat, etc. Guys who don't have any problems interacting with women don't need to go to Thailand to get laid.

If you can't get any women at home then you go abroad to meet women whose standards are lower. This is not a new phenomenon, they were doing it in the 19th century

Anyway I'm off because this is clearly a very unhealthy subject and this confirms why I've steered clear of it for so long. It's absolutely toxic

You can think what you like, you're allowed to be wrong.

If you think "normal" people don't follow PUA then watch Reggie Yates' documentary hit piece "extreme britain". Even he admits that seemingly normal guys were going to workshops.

The relationship forum is an advice forum, it stands to reason that advice from someone who actually has experienced is valued more. No?

It's often British women who spew that rhetoric about men who "have to go abroad" to date women. It must be awful to be so narrow minded. It actually comes across as xenophobic that you're so disgusted about people from different countries dating.

You also assume British women have the highest standards, this seems borderline supremacist. If you're so concerned with feminism maybe you should think of all women as human beings and not simply denigrate them as standardless peasants.

You're right, very unhealthy topic and you're showing sides of yourself which I'm sure you didn't intend to so I think it would be in both our interests to cut it there.
You're right to a degree. But I don't find it consistent that someone would have a LT female partner who they love, but also spend a lot of time on the relationships forum speaking to teenage boys about their sex lives and spreading propaganda that British women are fat and promiscuous.

The PUA seminars are invariably filled with men who find it very difficult to interact with women. Men who are happily paired up with a woman they love are not attracted to it.

As I said above I'm going to head off this thread permanently because the whole subject is just so toxic. It's because of crap like this I thank god I'm gay (and I mean that as no offence to women at all; all the times I've been with women I liked it but with guys it's just so much simpler and one doesn't have to get involved in this crazy battle of the sexes stuff).

Ah well yes, when you bring in the propaganda about women and PUAs I am inclined to agree. But then, it it's what worked for him, I guess it makes sense to "pass it forward", much as I try to pass forward common sense and being a decent human being.

The whole subject is pretty toxic, I agree. But then it's the same with any subject that invokes strong opinions (rape, feminism, islam etc.).

Do you not get gay PUAs then? Careful, you might feed into the promiscuity stereotype!
Original post by Jebedee
If that were true then they wouldn't encourage any actions which lead towards getting laid because you'd already be entitled. But I would say ability to get laid says a lot about a man's personality.

You have failed to understand literally everything I said:
- I said they feel entitled, not that they are entitled. Nor is there a contradiction between believing you are entitled to something, and knowing that civil society in general does not believe you so entitled and will not simply provide you with it.
- I said how often they get laid, not ability to do so.
- I said self-worth, not the far more general and broad 'personality'.

Furthermore, with regard to your second sentence, the point in question was whether the views of PUAs and Rodger-type "anti-PUAs" are meaningfully different, not whether you believe either of their views to be correct.
Original post by Jebedee

You seem to think this is a debate. I don't particularly care what you think, neither am I trying to change it. I'm simply telling you what I know to be true.

Yes, he probably does think that. And he would be correct to think so. Apart from the obvious fact that this forum is called "Debate and Current Affairs", he started the thread as a debate, and you have entered into the debate by arguing with people on a topic and responding to points. You declaring that it isn't a debate has no bearing on this.
Original post by anarchism101
You have failed to understand literally everything I said:
- I said they feel entitled, not that they are entitled. Nor is there a contradiction between believing you are entitled to something, and knowing that civil society in general does not believe you so entitled and will not simply provide you with it.
- I said how often they get laid, not ability to do so.
- I said self-worth, not the far more general and broad 'personality'.

Furthermore, with regard to your second sentence, the point in question was whether the views of PUAs and Rodger-type "anti-PUAs" are meaningfully different, not whether you believe either of their views to be correct.

But if they felt entitled then they wouldn't be giving advice on self-improvement, regardless if that was the reality or not. Surely people react to their interpretation of reality, not reality itself.

Plenty of guys get laid often, the question is by what.
Having a modicum of self-worth is a pre-requisite for success at getting laid. Even if it is inflated.

Yes the views of PUAs and Rodgers are meaningfully different, as they are polar-opposites. Which I have already demonstrated.

Original post by anarchism101
Yes, he probably does think that. And he would be correct to think so. Apart from the obvious fact that this forum is called "Debate and Current Affairs", he started the thread as a debate, and you have entered into the debate by arguing with people on a topic and responding to points. You declaring that it isn't a debate has no bearing on this.

But the manosphere and Rodger killings can be considered a current affair, as the manosphere is fairly recent and Rodger really did kill those people within the last few years. The thread title was asking a question, rather than putting a view forward and asking people to pick at it. OP has his preconceived notion and is evidently not intending to change it. I am sharing my opinion and why I believe it is right. Whether others choose to believe it or not is down to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending