The Student Room Group

What did you do for your 20th Birthday?

Holá all!

Hitting the 20 mark soon, but have literally no idea what to do, what did you do/going to do?

All suggestions welcome!

Scroll to see replies

My 20th is coming this year too.. :hide: probably at work 9-5 and then some cake and TV.
Original post by SeanFM
My 20th is coming this year too.. :hide: probably at work 9-5 and then some cake and TV.

I've never understood the whole 'working on your birthday', thing?!
Reply 3
I went to the pub with mates!
Original post by Lucarious30
Holá all!

Hitting the 20 mark soon, but have literally no idea what to do, what did you do/going to do?

All suggestions welcome!

If you have work and responsibilities, attend to them no matter what. And then plan always beforehand with only close mates if you have as well and family if you get on to do things you enjoy. Doesn't have to be spectacular.

Original post by SeanFM

I've never understood the whole 'working on your birthday', thing?!

It's your birthday. Not a national bank holiday. Go to work!
And a good man you are Sean. Work hard , play hard later.
Ain't come yet. :tongue:
Reply 6
Holá all!

All suggestions welcome!

I won't do anything when i get there
To answer the ques I got ******ed with mates and went shopping
I just bought some half decent miniatures and sat drink them making notes
Reply 9
I went to Edinburgh Zoo with my bf for mine :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
I went to Edinburgh Zoo with my bf for mine :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good! I'd preferably want to do something with my girlfriend too, not sure what yet though :colondollar:
Absolutely nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reflected on my lost youth :shakecane:
(edited 7 years ago)
Plan on catching up with tv and getting wasted with mates!
didnt do a thing
I'm 20 in week. Was planning on going out at night but have since broken my ankle so not doable. Good job the euros is on!
Going out for a meal with friends, going out for a meal with family and having a takeaway and watching football with some other friends for it. Also planning a night out with uni friend who live away for when in back at uni.
I want my 21st to be big, but don't feel my 20th needs to be.
Original post by calm down
I'm 20 in week. Was planning on going out at night but have since broken my ankle so not doable. Good job the euros is on!
Going out for a meal with friends, going out for a meal with family and having a takeaway and watching football with some other friends for it. Also planning a night out with uni friend who live away for when in back at uni.
I want my 21st to be big, but don't feel my 20th needs to be.

That sucks about your ankle! Also, Happy Birthday for in a week!

Do you have any plans for your 21st yet? - Not sure why that one feels more important!
That sucks about your ankle! Also, Happy Birthday for in a week!

Do you have any plans for your 21st yet? - Not sure why that one feels more important!

Thanks! Happy birthday too you too!
Not yet but I feel like hiring somewhere out- prefebly somewhere outside with a marquee or something and inviting all family and friends. My family and friends have always regarded 21 as an important birthday for some reason and I set high expectations after having a big 18th birthday celebration.
Do you have any plans for yours yet? If your into football maybe interlink that somehow, if not the conjuring 2 is a good film!
You ain't getting much ideas here bud :banghead:
Here a list, seeing as well there's it been one made yet for 20th birthdays.
Ideas from previous, and friends, birthdays:
Birthday meal with friends, although a common celebration, going somewhere unorthodox can provide a memorable experience.
Beer garden on a sunny day with friends /family: bring some party games and let different groups of people in our life enjoy each other's company.
A themed BBQ with friends.
Cinema, again, cliche, but there's enough good films out at the minute.
A gig.
A safari park/zoo- not actually that expensive and great fun (they're not just for kids).
A theme park- depending on what's near you.
Something in your local city- lots of cities have escape rooms now which are an interesting concept. A city not too far from me has a video game museum where you can play on a ton of different systems and games.

Hope this list helps somewhat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending