The Student Room Group

I voted Remain

Scroll to see replies

Original post by banterboy

I have only said the truth. You are just brainwashed by the remain propaganda.
This says it all.
[video="youtube;JFt-pRIvL9E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFt-pRIvL9E[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fr0sr_
Well done, you're an airhead, lefty cuck :smile:

If you have to use white supremacist slang to get your point across, then I'm a massive ****ing lefty cuck too.
Original post by rockrunride
If you have to use white supremacist slang to get your point across, then I'm a massive ****ing lefty cuck too.

I'm no white supremacist, such a vague, baseless, pointless attack.
I'm glad you're coming to terms with it - admitting is the first step :h:
Original post by fr0sr_
I'm no white supremacist, such a vague, baseless, pointless attack.
I'm glad you're coming to terms with it - admitting is the first step :h:

I didn't say you were a white supremacist.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Well, I still feel positive, healthy and upbeat.

Until Turkey joins the EU.
Original post by rockrunride
I didn't say you were a white supremacist.

I assume 'cuck' derives from white supremacists in the States? It seems to have migrated on to general disdain from right wingers against liberals, although I thought it applied to men?
Original post by physicsphysics91
Until Turkey joins the EU.

Lol, when will that be?

You are aware that the UK has a veto over that? Just checking. :smile:
FoS voted to remain?! My, I had her all wrong, I'd never have guessed...!

If I can get up from my sick bed I'll be off to vote later, but I'm feeling god awful so might not be able to.
Lol, when will that be?

You are aware that the UK has a veto over that? Just checking. :smile:

Yep, yet Turkey controls the flow of migrants into the EU. The EU will make an agreement with Turkey to stem the flow of migrants in exchange for allowing Turkey into the EU. Feel free to mark this post for the future.
I assume 'cuck' derives from white supremacists in the States? It seems to have migrated on to general disdain from right wingers against liberals, although I thought it applied to men?

nah 'cuck' derives from cuckold; men who let their wives sleep with other men and watch. The terms been in use since before america existed.
Original post by cookie123456789
If remain win I will go on a rage
And how do you know they will win? You may be surprised...

recent polls have shown an overwhelming majority of remain votes
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Increased rape and terrorism?

If we leave the EU, the French have threatened to move migration controls from Calais to Dover. This means that as soon as the migrants in Calais *who I assume you're referring to* land in the UK, they are able to apply for asylum and we can't remove them.

Yes - Cologne attacks anyone? The terrorist links/networks in Belgium, France etc. that made the Paris attacks possible? I could go on.

To be fair many a baseless threat has been handed to the UK regarding leaving the EU

I'm not all to aware of how it would work, but I would assume that they would be turned away due to their illegal nature of their travel.
Original post by physicsphysics91
Yep, yet Turkey controls the flow of migrants into the EU. The EU will make an agreement with Turkey to stem the flow of migrants in exchange for allowing Turkey into the EU. Feel free to mark this post for the future.

I think you're chasing straw men. They already made a deal like that without accession. Yes, nobody can completely predict the future, but even if Germany wanted Turkey to join suddenly, do you really in your heart think that there isn't one major or minor country in the EU that isn't going to veto it? With all the problems Turkey now has, the Islamist government they have and the way that government is behaving? Dream on.

A more important thing would be to worry about Turkey being in NATO, as that madcap relationship seems quite likely to drag us into war at the moment.
I hope the polls are wrong. I can't stand the idea that half the country has been duped into believing that leaving really is a good thing. :afraid:
Original post by tanyapotter
recent polls have shown an overwhelming majority of remain votes

The recent polls I have seen show that it is very close. It could go either way.
... so far, there have been no ill effects.

In fact, there's a bit of a warm glow. :colondollar:

Why would you vote remain? Why refuse the key that will free you from the prison?
Reply 37

I think it derives from the word cuckold which historically referred to the husband of an adulteress (more commonly used as a verb describing the actions of the male the wife is in an affair with). Now used more generally to insinuate that someone is spineless and unhealthily deferential, for instance those who are apologetic about migrant rapes and the like. However many will use it to try and shut down discussion when anyone expresses any kind of sensitive/socially-minded left wing views.
Original post by banterboy
nah 'cuck' derives from cuckold; men who let their wives sleep with other men and watch. The terms been in use since before america existed.

So it applies to men, right? I wonder if my insultee realised I am not one. :holmes:
Original post by Mathemagicien
A bit racist to assume he was referring to those migrants, when he talked about rape...

I'm a girl actually. And yeah I did think that was a bit racist.

Quick Reply