The Student Room Group

Vectors notation Qs

Hi,

If the question asks for the equation of a line, should the answer be in a column matrix form or in component form?
Does it matter what form we leave our answers in? Does it differ depending on what you're asked for (assuming it doesn't request for a certain form)?

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure either form is acceptable, I tend to vary based on the situation

Guess you're taking C4 tomorrow too then? Good luck if so :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by JLegion
Hi,

If the question asks for the equation of a line, should the answer be in a column matrix form or in component form?
Does it matter what form we leave our answers in? Does it differ depending on what you're asked for (assuming it doesn't request for a certain form)?

Thanks.

No it doesn't matter unless the question specifically requests a certain form by saying, "give the equation in the form ai + bj + ck + mu(...)" or whatever, if not - then you can give it either in component or column matrix, no issue.
Reply 3
Original post by electrifeye
I'm pretty sure either form is acceptable, I tend to vary based on the situation

Guess you're taking C4 tomorrow too then? Good luck if so :wink:

Original post by Zacken
No it doesn't matter unless the question specifically requests a certain form by saying, "give the equation in the form ai + bj + ck + mu(...)" or whatever, if not - then you can give it either in component or column matrix, no issue.

Thanks guys. I almost always use component form just because I find it easier to work with; not to mention space.

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest