The Student Room Group

Fat loss tips what do you do?

Hello guys,

I am looking for your solid review and tips about fat loss in a fashionable and natural way. Do you know about any useful tips which can help me to do so. I am in a worry and can't move fast as I was. Even I can't sit comfortably because of my big belly. Do you know the way to decrease this?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

So u dont want to exercise ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Eat like a pig, walk like a trooper.
Eat as little processed food as you can. Learn to prepare your own food from scratch. Eat reasonable portions, and eat slowly. Lots of veggies. Do HIIT (look it up). Lift something from time to time.
Prepare your meals so buy what you need and plan out what you want for your meals, and if it's gonna work you will need to include some sort of exercise start with something simple go for long walks then gradually include something new sit ups, planking, crunches or even maybe start running build yourself up slowly and stick to it and you will see results in no time.
HIT's your best bet along with a controlled diet:smile:
It is hard to make recommendations without knowing what your current lifestyle is like. Nonetheless, I am going to second what some have already said - cut down on processed foods and try to incorporate as much "real food" into your daily life as possible. And incorporate some sort of exercise into your everyday life.

The key, in my opinion, is consistency. Do not try to suddenly go from eating 3 fast-food meals every day with no exercise to trying to go on a strict diet with 4 x sessions of HIIT a day. Will you lose weight? Yes, undoubtedly. Will it be sustainable? Not so much.

The key is to slowly start building healthy habits into your everyday life. So if you currently eat 3 meals of junk a day and down 6 cans of coke, for the next few weeks try to focus on adding in one wholesome meal per day and cut down your coke intake to 3 cans swapping the rest in favour of water for example. If you currently do no exercise, I would not jump straight into something as hardcore as HIIT - sometimes less is more. Maybe just try to work in a 30 minute walk 3-4 times per week at least for the first 2 weeks, then try increasing that to 60 minutes and/or more day/everyday. Walking may not be a calorie scorching workout but it is grossly underestimated as an aid to weight loss, particularly when combined with increasingly better eating habits. Once you can stick to that, you can up the level and maybe start exploring other forms of exercise - perhaps work in some body weight movements, or start exploring the wonderful world of weight lifting. Join a class, or even turn that run into a walk - the key is still consistency. Small incremental changes to your habits for the better over a longer period of time are bound to be more effective than drastic changes that will prove to be a psychological and physical struggle to stick to.

Best of luck!
donut eat bread i do this and lose 3kg in 4 mont!
Reply 8
Original post by gimplord4000
donut eat bread i do this and lose 3kg in 4 mont!

Donuts? Where!?
Reply 9
Hello guys,

I am quiet a bit happy to day. Because I got something related to fat loss. While surfing through the internet I found this site and got useful info from there. However, I think that the tips more helpful for loss. I would like to follow those for the next few months. You can also get it from here http://dannykennedyfitness.com/fat-loss/

Thank you so much. Let me know your opinion about the above site.
"Fashionable" fat loss? Wtf is that nonsense?

Just eat less calories than you burn (TDEE) to lose fat, it's literally the simplest formula and not rocket science.
Fast for ramadan.......
Reply 12
Original post by Faituju
Hello guys,

I am looking for your solid review and tips about fat loss in a fashionable and natural way. Do you know about any useful tips which can help me to do so. I am in a worry and can't move fast as I was. Even I can't sit comfortably because of my big belly. Do you know the way to decrease this?

Please let me know. Thanks!

I can suggest you green tea.
Original post by crazycoconut
It is hard to make recommendations without knowing what your current lifestyle is like. Nonetheless, I am going to second what some have already said - cut down on processed foods and try to incorporate as much "real food" into your daily life as possible. And incorporate some sort of exercise into your everyday life.

The key, in my opinion, is consistency. Do not try to suddenly go from eating 3 fast-food meals every day with no exercise to trying to go on a strict diet with 4 x sessions of HIIT a day. Will you lose weight? Yes, undoubtedly. Will it be sustainable? Not so much.

The key is to slowly start building healthy habits into your everyday life. So if you currently eat 3 meals of junk a day and down 6 cans of coke, for the next few weeks try to focus on adding in one wholesome meal per day and cut down your coke intake to 3 cans swapping the rest in favour of water for example. If you currently do no exercise, I would not jump straight into something as hardcore as HIIT - sometimes less is more. Maybe just try to work in a 30 minute walk 3-4 times per week at least for the first 2 weeks, then try increasing that to 60 minutes and/or more day/everyday. Walking may not be a calorie scorching workout but it is grossly underestimated as an aid to weight loss, particularly when combined with increasingly better eating habits. Once you can stick to that, you can up the level and maybe start exploring other forms of exercise - perhaps work in some body weight movements, or start exploring the wonderful world of weight lifting. Join a class, or even turn that run into a walk - the key is still consistency. Small incremental changes to your habits for the better over a longer period of time are bound to be more effective than drastic changes that will prove to be a psychological and physical struggle to stick to.

Best of luck!

Exactly what he said!!
Adopting healthy habits one step at a time can have profound positive results towards your health and will definitely lower your fat percentages to a normal rate.!
Original post by SophieSmall

Just eat less calories than you burn (TDEE) to lose fat, it's literally the simplest formula and not rocket science.

Its not that easy for a lot of people to "just eat less kcalories than you burn". If we just suggest that one's basal metabolic rate is 1500 kcal per day, in order to lose fat their daily diet would have to be no less than 1200kcal per day. 1kg is 7000kcal. So losing 2-3kg would result to 3-5% of fat. by losing only 300kcal per day its obvious that a lot of effort is requiered along with a lot of frustration because of slow results.

So it would be best not to be so discouraging to others. no offense :colondollar:
Original post by Eleftheriadis
Its not that easy for a lot of people to "just eat less kcalories than you burn". If we just suggest that one's basal metabolic rate is 1500 kcal per day, in order to lose fat their daily diet would have to be no less than 1200kcal per day. 1kg is 7000kcal. So losing 2-3kg would result to 3-5% of fat. by losing only 300kcal per day its obvious that a lot of effort is requiered along with a lot of frustration because of slow results.

So it would be best not to be so discouraging to others. no offense :colondollar:

If weight loss was easy there wouldn't be this thread.

Ultimately if people spent less time looking for a magic shortcut and more time just getting on with it we'd see a lot more results; myself included.

Best advice I have ever gotten is accept it will be gradual and to use that to introduce small changes. There's no point making a massive step change because it's not sustainable. Make a couple of small changes here and there until they become routine, and then make another couple, because these small lifestyle changes are sustainable and help to not only lose weight but to keep it off.

For example, if someone drank high calorie juices like Ribena they could cut down a lot by switching to squash and doing no other change. Then when this change has been adjusted to, make another small change.

I have been making these changes for 2 years now and have gone from 17st6lb to 14st0lb. I'm still in the process of making changes but had I tried to get to where I am now immediately then I'd have ended up far more disheartened because I just don't think it works that way.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DJMayes
If weight loss was easy there wouldn't be this thread.

Ultimately if people spent less time looking for a magic shortcut and more time just getting on with it we'd see a lot more results; myself included.

Best advice I have ever gotten is accept it will be gradual and to use that to introduce small changes. There's no point making a massive step change because it's not sustainable. Make a couple of small changes here and there until they become routine, and then make another couple, because these small lifestyle changes are sustainable and help to not only lose weight but to keep it off.

For example, if someone drank high calorie juices like Ribena they could cut down a lot by switching to squash and doing no other change. Then when this change has been adjusted to, make another small change.

Well you would be amazed from the results of cutting down juices and soft drinks and alcohol.

One should simply integrate small changes in habits in their everyday life and the results in due time will come.
Original post by SophieSmall

What sophie said.

OP do some research (its much simpler doing it this way and realise how it works ratehr than the many bits of poor information floating round) and find out how weight loss works. Its to do with being at a calorific deficit, where you eat less than you burn.

If you want to increase your fat loss as opposed to weight loss, then do exercise and in particular lift weights.
Original post by Eleftheriadis
Well you would be amazed from the results of cutting down juices and soft drinks and alcohol.

One should simply integrate small changes in habits in their everyday life and the results in due time will come.

I completely agree - but would argue that those results are in large part due to the amount of calories you save. Switching just one 500ml glass of Ribena a day to a glass of water saves over 200 calories, for example.
Original post by DJMayes
I completely agree - but would argue that those results are in large part due to the amount of calories you save. Switching just one 500ml glass of Ribena a day to a glass of water saves over 200 calories, for example.

Indeed,and those 200-500 kcal per day can make all the difference in a larger scale.

Quick Reply

Latest