The Student Room Group

2016 WJEC A2-Level Biology, BY5

Scroll to see replies

Meh. So much of the stuff I revised didn't come up... SO much. :frown:

BUT WHO CARES IM FREE. :biggrin:
What did y'all get for the rH or whatever it was underneath photosynthetic efficiency?
Reply 22
Original post by 3mma_gal96
What did y'all get for the rH or whatever it was underneath photosynthetic efficiency?

I got 800, what about you?
Guys what did you get for the photosynthetic efficiency calculation question?

I got 0.5 recurring. Will i get 2 marks for that and the working out? Some people got 1% so im not sure if we had to round it
What did you put for all the meiosis questions?
i thought that paper was awful
For the calculations i got 0.5% and 800.
What did everyone put for the meiosis questions asking about the stage of C and D?
I put Metaphase 2 and Metaphase 1 but i couldn't tell if the first one was Anaphase 2 or not :s-smilie:
edit: Actually i think it was 1 then 2? I've remembered it the wrong way i think!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by spinningplates
What did everyone put for the meiosis questions asking about the stage of C and D?
I put Metaphase 2 and Metaphase 1 but i couldn't tell if the first one was Anaphase 2 or not :s-smilie:

Nooo I put those and crossed it out :frown: so annoyed
Original post by baxter76
I got 800, what about you?

Yeah me too! What did you get for the one of why is the original glycoprotein smaller than the modified protein?
Yeah me too! What did you get for the one of why is the original glycoprotein smaller than the modified protein?

I put about the stop code ??
Original post by spinningplates

Oh my god. I thought it was metaphase 1 then metaphase 2 but thought nah that isn't right and didn't write anything, so annoyed
Oh my god. I thought it was metaphase 1 then metaphase 2 but thought nah that isn't right and didn't write anything, so annoyed

It might have been 2 and 1 the other way around i can't really remember that well tbh!

edit: Actually i think it was 1 then 2? I've remembered it the wrong way i think!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sumeyyatontus
I put about the stop code ??

Same

Also, about the 1% efficiency you had to add up the losses from respiration, decomposers and the energy passed to next trophic level and divide that by the total energy from sun.

I'm assuming if you put 0.5% you didn't add the decomposers and repiration energy :/
I put metaphase 1 and 2, 800 for the rH and 1% for efficiency:/ no clue about why they were different sizes so just wrote about how the secretions had to get inside a host cell and the capsule needs to protect the virus aha
That exam was actually rubbish. No nice meaty questions with bulk of marks such as cloning/recombinant plasmids etc so i was quite disappointed. Meiosis question had me also, I put Prophase II and Metaphase I.
Yeah I got about the stop codes too. What about something along the lines of what organelle in a cell produces the protein or something like that?
Original post by Faisalshamallakh
That exam was actually rubbish. No nice meaty questions with bulk of marks such as cloning/recombinant plasmids etc so i was quite disappointed. Meiosis question had me also, I put Prophase II and Metaphase I.

I put the same
Pretty happy about this exam. Worst question was the first but the Meiosis question wasnt fair at all. The micrographs weren't a great quality. I put Metaphase II and Metaphase I? The next question asked you about how the chromosomes were aligned or something a long those lines, so i just assume it was askingg to compare both. I got 1% photosynthetic efficiency and then 800 Rh. For the questions below that about woodland. I put that woodland has a high abundance of cellulose which is not digested by herbivores so energy is lost. I honestly cant remember any other questions haha. Not saying im right.
Yeah I got about the stop codes too. What about something along the lines of what organelle in a cell produces the protein or something like that?

I put golgi body but wasn't sure tbh, crossed out rough endoplasmic reticulum originally

Final Modification for a glycoprotein was the Golgi Bodies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending