The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon_98
I'm so not attending the Biology exam tomorrow.

Pftt...I mean, I'm not giving up. I'm just... saving myself the embarrassment of having to sit there for 135 minutes.

Why would I put myself through that, no.

I don't want to do it.

Strawberry laces. :cry:

Hopefully you are not serious:biggrin:
Original post by SeanFM
:hugs:

I hear what you're saying. You feel like you have t achieved as much as you should have.

Yep, I guess so. :erm: But tbh, I guess if I haven't achieved it - and won't achieve it - I didn't really have the capacity to do so in the first place and I'll have to accept that I'm just not that great. :dontknow:

Original post by Indeterminate

You mustn't give up, though :no:

Spoiler

Well my fate has already been sealed, one exam won't make a difference - but I very much appreciate it, thank you. :h:
Original post by Pokémontrainer
Yep, I guess so. :erm: But tbh, I guess if I haven't achieved it - and won't achieve it - I didn't really have the capacity to do so in the first place and I'll have to accept that I'm just not that great. :dontknow:

Well my fate has already been sealed, one exam won't make a difference - but I very much appreciate it, thank you. :h:

I would disagree about that capacity thing. I don't know you that well - I'm not going to lie and say 'no, you're capable of it, chica' in a dodgy Mexican accent. Because the logician in you would ask 'how do you know that?' Or just flat out deny it.

But I think, deep inside, you know that you are capable of doing really well, and that different factors come into play with exams and you can just have a bad day or a nightmare with exams. I know how that feels. But anyway, the part of you that knows that is being buried by an overwhelming amount of stress, pressure, remorse, you name it, and I do not blame you. Exam season is very rough.

You say that your last exam won't make a difference. That may or may not be true, but there's no reason not to give it your all, irrespective of how anything else went.

Original post by SeanFM
I would disagree about that capacity thing. I don't know you that well - I'm not going to lie and say 'no, you're capable of it, chica' in a dodgy Mexican accent. Because the logician in you would ask 'how do you know that?' Or just flat out deny it.

But I think, deep inside, you know that you are capable of doing really well, and that different factors come into play with exams and you can just have a bad day or a nightmare with exams. I know how that feels. But anyway, the part of you that knows that is being buried by an overwhelming amount of stress, pressure, remorse, you name it, and I do not blame you. Exam season is very rough.

You say that your last exam won't make a difference. That may or may not be true, but there's no reason not to give it your all, irrespective of how anything else went.

There is no logician in me - just pure, unadulterated idiocy. :ahee:
Well, I'll certainly give it my all - it won't be enough but oh well. I can live with regrets and a gaping hole in my heart for the rest of my life. :sigh:
:getmecoat:

Ty anyway, Sean. :hugs:

No doubt I'll be back here on Friday afternoon bemoaning the colossal **** up. :indiff:
Original post by Pokémontrainer
There is no logician in me - just pure, unadulterated idiocy. :ahee:
Well, I'll certainly give it my all - it won't be enough but oh well. I can live with regrets and a gaping hole in my heart for the rest of my life. :sigh:
:getmecoat:

Ty anyway, Sean. :hugs:

No doubt I'll be back here on Friday afternoon bemoaning the colossal **** up. :indiff:

Now that I can disagree with, but I know that you feel somewhat better after some self loathing so I won't stop you.

Maybe I don't understand. Maybe I don't have the full picture. Or maybe, just maybe, there is a way forward that doesn't involve you having regrets and holes for the rest of your life, but that's not the most important thing right now to think about as it is affecting you negatively.

Thank you, though. That is all anyone can ask for now.
Original post by ODES_PDES
Hopefully you are not serious:biggrin:

Eh.

As unfortunate as it may be.. serious, I am.

All it's going to do is make me feel demotivated for C4 on Friday + I can't afford that.

Not that I'm currently in any way motivated.

I can't write essays about information that I haven't memorised? What in Galileo am I going to ramble on about? In order for me to bs, I actually need to know the content + that clearly isn't happening tonight.

I'm most likely going to end up running out of time too. After 12 exams of this happening so far, I really don't want to make it the 13th.

Flicking through the DNA topic is already enough torture. Genetic fingerprinting + Medical diagnosis + Gene therapy + Gene cloning + transcription + translation + gene mutation + genetic coding + kill me.

I don't even know what half of those words mean.

What makes me think that 2 hours of skimming through a textbook will change that.

Then ofc, there's all the muscle contraction stuff.

I can't just guess how the stupid filament theory works if they ask. - I ACTUALLY NEED TO HAVE MEMORISED IT.

There'll probably be a stupid 6 marker on it too so that'll be dead fun.

Not to mention all the definitions which they'll probably throw at us.

Ah and the graphs so we can apply all our knowledge!

How am I meant to apply my knowledge to a question, if I have no knowledge to apply.

Oh, that's right - I'm not.

I know what you're probably thinking - "Anon, just do something bc it's better than nothing!!"

No, I believe it's better to accept you know nothing and move on rather than to attempt to know "something" which is equivalent to absolutely nothing then start panicking to an even greater extent.

Plus, the willpower to open my textbook and read more than 5 words is unreal.

I mean, of course - the only good thing about all this, is the 25 marker will have two options to choose from and maybe then it'll feel like I have the opportunity to make things go my way, but I'll probably end up writing around 4 lines, rather than 4 pages.

0 marks for scientific content.

0 marks for prose.

0 marks for relevancy.

Which will mean I've already lost out on 25% of the paper before I've even started.

I mean, we're supposed to write a plan for it but I may as well jump right in bc who writes a plan for, like, 3 sentences.

It's not like the exams officers care enough to chase up exam absences anyway.

Well, maybe they'll care about the fee thus I'll be required to pay for the paper since I didn't take it.

But I think my sanity, or what's left of it, is worth more than £29.50.
I'm about to go to Tesco :h:
Original post by titfortat

I feel horrible for replying to your PM so late, but please get some rest and only reply when you can. Nighty night :hugs:

Its fine, i dont mind!
Im a bit better now (ridiculously tired though!)
Thankyou
Original post by ravioliyears

Aw no I'm so sorry to hear that! :lovehug: Get some sleep, hope you feel better in the morning.

:hugs: Thankyou!!
Ive slept now (but have college in 15 mins :frown: )
Thanks, i do feel a bit better currently but not much though
I need ps stat
Original post by Indeterminate
:hand:

Don't :hand: me, bhai. :hand:

Original post by fatima1998

What's that now? :hmmmm2:
Original post by Hydeman
Don't :hand: me, bhai. :hand:

What's that now? :hmmmm2:

you are the police man :u:
you are the police man :u:

What gives you that impression? :erm:
Original post by Hydeman
What gives you that impression? :erm:

because you are!!!
you always arrest users :unimpressed: like you did to inde :unsure: and thats why people hide from you :hide:
because you are!!!
you always arrest users :unimpressed: like you did to inde :unsure: and thats why people hide from you :hide:

I was making a joke. :erm:
I don't think anyone here 'hides' from me. :s-smilie:
Original post by Hydeman
I was making a joke. :erm:
I don't think anyone here 'hides' from me. :s-smilie:

i wasn't serious as well :u:
how do you know hindi/urdu :angry:
i do :hide:
i wasn't serious as well :u:

I see. :beard:

i do :hide: