The Student Room Group

I voted Remain

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
Yet in Australia, most people are anxious to get rid of it. Go figure.

How so? What is their reasoning to get rid?
Original post by fr0sr_
How so? What is their reasoning to get rid?

It creates a very inflexible labour situation, so many businesses, small and large, can't fill vacancies. It causes many services to run badly because they lack staff and it also means that prices for many common things like food are kept higher than they would otherwise be.
Original post by cookie123456789
I was referring to increased levels of rape and terrorism if we stayed in the EU.

Why would that be the case?
Original post by cookie123456789
Bad decision. I am quite frankly appalled by you. You could have just contributed to the destruction of the UK. Well done.
You just voted for increased rape and terrorism, a worse off NHS, no border control, a dictatorial rule under the autocratic EU and an extreme loss of money which goes to the EU when it could be used to make the UK a much better place. You had a chance to make a positive difference. What a waste of a vote.

Well, I guess we made the right decision then :colonhash:
I don't buy it one bit. After looking at the figures and at first having no opinion on the subject it seems that all of this is a complete mess. The stats disagree with you and so do many respected economists. The experts are explaining to us why we should stay and after listening to them, it made perfect sense.
A dictatorial rule? Pfft. Ok. And just know us being alone would most likely make us more vulnerable to terrorism. Terrorism is going no where unfortunately so we need to work together with other countries rather than being sectioned out, being alone for those crazy ba****** to annihilate us. Think about it.

It's never to late to make a positive difference even if we remain. Running away from the problem and saying we should be alone because of so and so problems isn't even fixing the problem but merely running away from it. If the problem isn't directly dealt with, we'll still be subject to them. Yes, maybe if we leave like 40 years ago we'd be ok but note, new issues have arose since then. The whole world at the moment is having a similar issue with terrorism and illegal immigrants flying over their boarders- the ones alone seem to be affected the most. Even if we leave, where's the guarantee that this would stop illegal immigrants from flying over? We need these connections and alliances. We should instead, face the problems with solutions as a united community as a team is more likely to be successful in dealing with the problem. And, just to add these illegal immigrants are people too just like me, you, any other person. People speak of them as if they are savage animals with no morals or bright future. With many being refugees from other countries where war has destroyed their nation, I do not see myself as somehow different to them as I too, if I was in the same position, for my safety and family's safety would do what I believe as best. I even had a close relative who was once an illegal immigrant until she got married. People can judge her for all I care but I definitely will not because I know her full story. It's funny, now that she's a barrister everyone is on her with praises. This country allowed her escape the mistreatment that single mothers, women back home sometimes face and also saved her life as if she had stayed back, most likely she would have been killed by the elders in the community.
Reply 64
Original post by alevelstresss
Remain is the rational thing to do, Brexit is "ignore the experts, they got a few things wrong so they're always wrong!!! bla bla"

you wouldn't stop listening to the weather forecast if they got it wrong two or three times?
I find it ironic that you praised the OP for not listening to 'fear' and then you vote for Remain, which has essentially been a campaign of scaremongering and lies about the UK's inability to stand on its own 2 feet and how we couldn't cope outside of the EU. Oh, and many of these experts you cite have been proven to have their own personal business agendas at stake, many of the so-called experts own companies that receive large EU subsidies, so of course they will tell the public to vote Remain.
Original post by ATW1
I find it ironic that you praised the OP for not listening to 'fear' and then you vote for Remain, which has essentially been a campaign of scaremongering and lies about the UK's inability to stand on its own 2 feet and how we couldn't cope outside of the EU. Oh, and many of these experts you cite have been proven to have their own personal business agendas at stake, many of the so-called experts own companies that receive large EU subsidies, so of course they will tell the public to vote Remain.

This is complete and utter balls, sir.

David Cameron said "Yes, of course the UK could survive on its own outside the EU, but this is a question of whether or not we are thriving" during the ITV debate.

Whereas we have the Leave campaign constantly reminding us that its 'undemocratic', 'Turkey will be joining' - to be honest, I think Turkey joining is exactly what the Middle East needs to galvanise social and political development in the region.
I just voted Remain too :biggrin:
Reply 68
... so far, there have been no ill effects.

In fact, there's a bit of a warm glow. :colondollar:

You voted as George Soros and all the City have advised. :teehee:
(edited 7 years ago)
You're so passionate about the Remain side, you deserve some reward if they win.

How about I buy you a gyros (or maybe a currywurst) to celebrate in continental style? Also, I'll read some Foucault to you while you eat.
Original post by Josb
You voted as George Soros and all the City have advised. :teehee:

OMG yes, I never do the least thing without first emailing George 'laughing boy' Soros to ask him for his verdict.

Although joking aside, maybe that would be a good idea, as he's more often right than wrong in his forecasts. :teehee:
Original post by Sisuphos
You're so passionate about the Remain side, you deserve some reward if they win.

How about I buy you a gyros (or maybe a currywurst) to celebrate in continental style? Also, I'll read some Foucault to you while you eat.

I would prefer Proust or Hermann Hesse.

For dinner we should go Italian in your Citroen, or perhaps Polish?

Looks like Sweden has not been hit by a wave of migrant-induced rapists, contrary to reports.

Is it possible the German experience has been somewhat exaggerated by right wing propagandists too? The mind boggles.
Reply 73
Original post by alevelstresss
This is complete and utter balls, sir.

David Cameron said "Yes, of course the UK could survive on its own outside the EU, but this is a question of whether or not we are thriving" during the ITV debate.

Whereas we have the Leave campaign constantly reminding us that its 'undemocratic', 'Turkey will be joining' - to be honest, I think Turkey joining is exactly what the Middle East needs to galvanise social and political development in the region.

Was it you who, only yesterday, accused the Leave campaign of 'scaremongering' by labelling Turkey, Syria, and Iraq on a leaflet? Now you are supporting Turkey joining the EU, on the basis that it will benefit Syria and Iraq (amongst others). Trust me, if the people knew the truth on Turkish accession, this referendum wouldn't even be close. David Cameron has his job on the line, he himself has expressed Eurosceptical views in the past, he is now lying through his teeth out of fear and promising reforms which, only yesterday, the EU President said were not possible.
Original post by ATW1
Was it you who, only yesterday, accused the Leave campaign of 'scaremongering' by labelling Turkey, Syria, and Iraq on a leaflet? Now you are supporting Turkey joining the EU, on the basis that it will benefit Syria and Iraq (amongst others). Trust me, if the people knew the truth on Turkish accession, this referendum wouldn't even be close. David Cameron has his job on the line, he himself has expressed Eurosceptical views in the past, he is now lying through his teeth out of fear and promising reforms which, only yesterday, the EU President said were not possible.

Yes, believe it or not, I think allowing Turkey to join would be a massive step forward in bringing stability to the Middle East. Not right now, but within the next 50 years.

While I think this, the highlighting of Syria/Iraq is still scaremongering because it implies that the EU would be letting these two countries join as well, which will not happen in any of our lifetimes.
Reply 75
OMG yes, I never do the least thing without first emailing George 'laughing boy' Soros to ask him for his verdict.

Although joking aside, maybe that would be a good idea, as he's more often right than wrong in his forecasts. :teehee:

He has probably speculated in favour of the Pound this time. It's currently at €1.3, but it is expected to rise up to €1.5 tomorrow. He's going to win big.
What a pretentious OP
Original post by Josb
He has probably speculated in favour of the Pound this time. It's currently at €1.3, but it is expected to rise up to €1.5 tomorrow. He's going to win big.

Sigh. Soros seems to always be the winner from our British chaos. :rolleyes:

I blame Dave for calling the damn thing in the first place.

Unless... perhaps... Cameron and Soros.... now there's a conspiracy....
Original post by Jimmy Seville
What a pretentious OP

:hat2:

I try.
I would prefer Proust or Hermann Hesse.

For dinner we should go Italian in your Citroen, or perhaps Polish?

Lol come on why Citroen? why can't I have a BMW i8?

Polish, yes. Pierogi :coma:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending