The Student Room Group

Please help!!!!

I'm going on holiday next week for 10 days, but the holiday's booked during the school term, so I'll end up missing 9 days of sixth form!
I'm 18 so I was wondering if they could fine me for it? I don't know whether to tell them I'm going away or just say I'm ill for 9 days
My attendance is already pretty poor because of a sustained illness, any advice would be really appreciated
Reply 1
I should be but I've re-sat year 12, There's about four more weeks of school left until we break up for summer
I don't think they are going to be too bothered as the second year of sixth form is 'optional' and so it is not like you have to be there by law. Correct me if I am wrong.

:smile:
Original post by lolariley
I should be but I've re-sat year 12, There's about four more weeks of school left until we break up for summer

They will not fine you.

They may not care at all, they generally get their funding paid regardless so if you are not there that's up to you. However if they have plans for substantial teaching in preparation for year 13 they may be very unhappy with your absence and could at worst tell you not to return for year 13.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
To be quite honest with you, I missed about 40% of my classes in my year 12, and I didn't get anything more than a talk.

Quick Reply

Latest