The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS/A2 Mathematics M2 - 17th June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

What's 90UMS boundary??
Anyone remember how many marks q5 part b was? Where we had to find the distance in that moments one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Themathgeek
Oh awesome thanks

Also was it meant to be going downwards (south east wards) if that makes any sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's what I said aswell can't see how it could be above the horizontal, hopefully it's right
Reply 783
How many marks do you think I'll lose for Q6 getting the i and j vectors the wrong way around -with all correct working (all my values are slightly off)?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ae1in
How many marks do you think I'll lose for Q6 getting the i and j vectors the wrong way around -with all correct working (all my values are slightly off)?

You might potentially get a misread and only lose two...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Themathgeek
Anyone remember how many marks q5 part b was? Where we had to find the distance in that moments one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here are my model answers, with the actual questions. Let me know if you spot any mistakes.
Original post by aertqretwreter
Here are my model answers, with the actual questions. Let me know if you spot any mistakes.

How the hell did you get hold of the paper?
I expect to get 72, hopefully an A* with some margin to accommodate for any mistakes in other modules.
Original post by oShahpo
How the hell did you get hold of the paper?
I expect to get 72, hopefully an A* with some margin to accommodate for any mistakes in other modules.

72 should be approx 95 UMS
Original post by edothero
72 should be approx 95 UMS

What do you think the grade boundaries will be? 69 then for an A*?
Original post by oShahpo
What do you think the grade boundaries will be? 69 then for an A*?

I personally think it would be:
74 - 100 ums
67 - 90 ums
60 - 80 ums
etc

In any case, last year for FP1 I managed to get 95 UMS which was 72/75.
It was 62 for an A and 69 for an A* (90 ums)
(edited 7 years ago)
74 - 100 ums
67 - 90 ums
60 - 80 ums
etc

Pretty much agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow I didn't realise the first part of the statics question was worth 8 marks 0_0. How do they mark questions with i and ii? Do they combine the marks from both parts ie if I resolved forces (horizontally and vertically) in ii but you get given the mark in i. How many marks out of 8 would I get for the following? I took moments about B and got an expression for R in terms of d,g, theta and F. I then resolved upwards and got an expression for F by cancelling P. I had Psintheta=something and Pcostheta=something so divided to cancel P. I then found a fully correct expression for F in terms of d,g and theta but then I forgot to sub F back into R so I would then have R only in terms of d,g and theta. I checked at home if I were to sub in F and I would have gotten the correct expression. I realise now that taking moments at A would have been easier but will they give marks for my method (taking moments at B)? I had 3 correct equations with which I could cancel things to get P and R in terms of d,g and theta.
Original post by target21859
Wow I didn't realise the first part of the statics question was worth 8 marks 0_0. How do they mark questions with i and ii? Do they combine the marks from both parts ie if I resolved forces (horizontally and vertically) in ii but you get given the mark in i. How many marks out of 8 would I get for the following? I took moments about B and got an expression for R in terms of d,g, theta and F. I then resolved upwards and got an expression for F by cancelling P. I had Psintheta=something and Pcostheta=something so divided to cancel P. I then found a fully correct expression for F in terms of d,g and theta but then I forgot to sub F back into R so I would then have R only in terms of d,g and theta. I checked at home if I were to sub in F and I would have gotten the correct expression. I realise now that taking moments at A would have been easier but will they give marks for my method (taking moments at B)? I had 3 correct equations with which I could cancel things to get P and R in terms of d,g and theta.

bump
I literally got 30 marks... I don't do further maths but I don't know why our school did m2 for normal maths ;'( im not getting an A anymore
74 - 100 ums
67 - 90 ums
60 - 80 ums
etc

Hope you're right! If you are, I'm safely in the 90! Not that I need 90 ums anyway, as I do single maths but still, gotta catch 'em all right
what do you think ill need for an E
Original post by EpicTree
what do you think ill need for an E

37-39
Original post by lai812matthew
37-39

i've got a U for sure then
Original post by target21859

If a question is listed as i) and ii) it tends to mean both answers can be calculated in one string of working and in either order, often requiring simultaneous equations where either result can be calculated first and is very likely to be required to find the other.

I can't remember the question that well unfortunately to answer your other questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending