2016 WJEC A2-Level Biology, BY5

Scroll to see replies

What did people get for chi squared?
Original post by omnifierce
What did people get for chi squared?

.293 I think?
Reply 62
Original post by k.russell
Did any of you have the foggiest about that peat bog? that was deffo the joker in the pack right.. never gonna get a WJEC bio exams without some seriously BS question and that was it imo lol
I put it would increase it, because the acid might aid with the breakdown of polymers like proteins and starch etc

I said it would decrease because an acidic ph could denature or change the structure of proteins
Original post by JazIrl
I said it would decrease because an acidic ph could denature or change the structure of proteins

You're right I've just googled it! Wasn't particularly expecting to get those marks anyway, bit of a shame because I wrote something along the lines of 'would be slower because microbes responsible for decomposition may struggle in acidic conditions' then crossed it out and starting banging on about acid breaking stuff down RIP 3 marks 2016 :'(. Well done tho for getting it
.293 I think?

Okay, thanks!
Original post by omnifierce
Okay, thanks!

did you get the same or?
Reply 66
You're right I've just googled it! Wasn't particularly expecting to get those marks anyway, bit of a shame because I wrote something along the lines of 'would be slower because microbes responsible for decomposition may struggle in acidic conditions' then crossed it out and starting banging on about acid breaking stuff down RIP 3 marks 2016 :'(. Well done tho for getting it

I was thinking the same as you at first though!! The question really threw me off at first, I thought the H+ could aid in respiration or something, I know a lot of people got it wrong :/
What did everyone get for the genetic cross?! My ratio was strange
Original post by Benji12345

9 : 3 : 4

yeah I had 9 for both 3 for just the A but not the E and then 4 for not the A
Does make sense tho as it should be 9:3:3:1 and the last 3 and the 1 are in the same category (lacking A)
Reply 70

I got 1 : 1 : 2, really messed that up :frown:. Apparently it's 9 : 3 : 4?
Reply 71
Golgi body/1% photosynthetic efficiency/0.273 or something/peat bog conditions not optimum for decomposers so rate decreases/doesn't take into account fossilisation/forms bivalents and lines up along equator at 90 degrees to metaphase I were my answers
Original post by samwray
Golgi body/1% photosynthetic efficiency/0.273 or something/peat bog conditions not optimum for decomposers so rate decreases/doesn't take into account fossilisation/forms bivalents and lines up along equator at 90 degrees to metaphase I were my answers

Didn't get the got damn peat bog and I believe I made a mistake on the the P.E. question I think but apart from that in agreement :smile: did you have 9:3:4 for the ratios on the cross?
What did everyone draw for the diagram showing energy transfer through the Herbivore???
Original post by Curtis512
What did everyone draw for the diagram showing energy transfer through the Herbivore???

wasn't it an equation? I had Cc = Ch - Eh - Rh ( I think)
wasn't it an equation? I had Cc = Ch - Eh - Rh ( I think)

It may have been. I thought asking to draw a diagram was weird...
yeah I had 9 for both 3 for just the A but not the E and then 4 for not the A
Does make sense tho as it should be 9:3:3:1 and the last 3 and the 1 are in the same category (lacking A)

Get in, same here
Original post by Curtis512
It may have been. I thought asking to draw a diagram was weird...

Think I got that
Reply 78
Questions that i can remember: (not 100% sure and not in order)

0.) Define carbon footprint
1.) Define the term biodiversity
2.)define monoculture
3.)how the allele E in white clover is affected differ in a land of grazing animals and hedgerows
4.) How clover develops into new species due to grazing animals
5.) Name the vector
6.) Name the vector for bacteria
7.) Enzyme which joins DNA fragment
8.) How the ebola virus produces its own protein without a host cell
9.) What are the ethical issues (except not being tested) of giving the dugs
10.) How the allele frequency of E would change---then the next qestions links with why/an explanation
11.) what organelle is affected by the virus
12.) Essays were the broad beans/maize (germination factors). The other essay was spermatazoa production and how it differs to oogenisis.
(edited 7 years ago)
Did anyone at all do the broad bean question apart from me?😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending