Reply 40
Original post by babznd
What do you mean by 3days?

The answer to the first chromatography question
Reply 41
Original post by BULL14
It was three dyes

It was definately 4 dyes
The paper was alright actually but I'm kicking myself for the atom economy one... I originally got 11.11111% but then thought that it would be a pointless method if it was less than 15% as it isn't as efficient. Thing is, I don't even know what I did next but I got 25%...

The marker's gonna see 11.111% crossed out and laugh. :biggrin:

Oh, and I got 3 dyes.
Reply 43
What did you guys get for the two colouring question - where they asked is it possible that it cintained the banned dye?
Original post by Spectre2000
The paper was alright actually but I'm kicking myself for the atom economy one... I originally got 11.11111% but then thought that it would be a pointless method if it was less than 15% as it isn't as efficient. Thing is, I don't even know what I did next but I got 25%...

Oh, and I got 3 dyes.

Thats a point. Maybe it might not be 11.1% because i thought the question did say it was more efficient. Hmmm
Original post by BULL14
What did you guys get for the two colouring question - where they asked is it possible that it cintained the banned dye?

I said that the chromatograms did in fact support his conclusion as one of the spots aligned with that of the unsafe dye but also one of the spots was anomalous -- neither specified as safe nor unsafe thus I said it may be an unknown and unsafe dye....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James2021
Thats a point. Maybe it might not be 11.1% because i thought the question did say it was more efficient. Hmmm

I reckon that 11.1% is correct but they may give a mark or two for specified other answers.
Reply 47
Original post by Spectre2000

Oh, and I got 3 dyes.

I also got 3 dyes!!:biggrin:
Reply 48
Can you write which question is which? Like 1a, 1b, etc? Because I'm finding it hard to correlate the answers to the questions I have. Unless this is not the mark scheme at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending