No got 0.46 I think but most people got the same as you
Reply 82
Original post by omnifierce
No got 0.46 I think but most people got the same as you

I got 0.46 aswell ://

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by k.russell
hell no lol! left that well alone

Haha! My only issue was is there really enough to say for 10 marks, but the actual content of that I went over this morning so it was in my head so thought I've gotta go for that
Reply 84
What was the answer for definition of biodiversity?
Reply 85
Original post by 3mma_gal96
Did anyone at all do the broad bean question apart from me?😂😂

I did, what did you write? I wrote about broad beans dicotlyedon while maize is monocotyledons. Broad bean a seed and mazie a fruit. Endosperm absorbed in cotyledons in broad beans while endosperm surrounds the cotyledons in maize. Germination i talked about water/temp/oxygen and their roles and i gave the definition for germination. And i drawn a diagram of broad beans.Hopefully that will give me 10 marks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 86
can you remember if you divided by the right number? I am a bit worried I've divided by the wrong one and I got the answer as you (apparently they where not rounding, but their exact answer was 1)

I originally got 0.5% but that's because you only divided one of the arrows (the one going from producer to herbivore) by the energy from the sunlight, you had to add all of the arrows together then divide by the sunlights energy (arrow from producer to consumer+ excretion+ respiration)
Original post by Bungi
I did, what did you write? I wrote about broad beans dicotlyedon while maize is monocotyledons. Broad bean a seed and mazie a fruit. Endosperm absorbed in cotyledons in broad beans while endosperm surrounds the cotyledons in maize. Germination i talked about water/temp/oxygen and their roles and i gave the definition for germination. And i drawn a diagram of broad beans.Hopefully that will give me 10 marks

Yeah pretty similar stuff.
I put broad beans are dicotyledons, which are seed leaves and maize is monocotyledon as it has 1 cotyledon.
Then drew the structure of broad bean so testa, cotyledon, plumule and radicle. Then I said food store (not endosperm like you oops) is inside in broad beans but surrounds maize. Then I said seed is in a state of dormancy and can't germinate until favourable environmental conditions are reached.
Water, for transport and enzyme mobility
Correct temperature to reach an optimum temperature for that of the enzymes (didn't give one cause I'd never read it)
Oxygen for ATP production for growth and metabolism.
Then kinda reiterated/repeated that germination won't take place until these 3 mentioned environmental conditions are favourable
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by Jasss247
I originally got 0.5% but that's because you only divided one of the arrows (the one going from producer to herbivore) by the energy from the sunlight, you had to add all of the arrows together then divide by the sunlights energy (arrow from producer to consumer+ excretion+ respiration)
you'll get one mark for the correct denominator probably
Reply 89
What was the haploid chromosome number in the meiosis question
Reply 90
Original post by Gc123

I think I put 6?
Reply 91
I put 12 because there was 12 dots, but it looked like prophase one so may have been homologous chromosomes?, Think it might be 6 though ooops
Original post by Gc123
Original post by JazIrl
I think I put 6?

Me too
Reply 93
Original post by matt1997x
Pretty happy about this exam. Worst question was the first but the Meiosis question wasnt fair at all. The micrographs weren't a great quality. I put Metaphase II and Metaphase I? The next question asked you about how the chromosomes were aligned or something a long those lines, so i just assume it was askingg to compare both. I got 1% photosynthetic efficiency and then 800 Rh. For the questions below that about woodland. I put that woodland has a high abundance of cellulose which is not digested by herbivores so energy is lost. I honestly cant remember any other questions haha. Not saying im right.

I put exactly the same, so did a lot of people in my year :smile:
Photosynthetic efficiency = energy in photosynthates divided by total light so it would be 2500/450000 x 100 which =0.56
I also put metaphase 2 for a and metaphase 1 for c
Original post by Squashy_josh
Photosynthetic efficiency = energy in photosynthates divided by total light so it would be 2500/450000 x 100 which =0.56

You had to add the energy from respiration and decomposers from the producers too (to the 2500)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 97
Haploid number is 24. This was metaphase I of meiosis, so the homologous chromosomes pair up into bivalents. Each dot = 2 chromosomes (at least that was my reasoning, thought it was suspicious that they'd just be asking you to count chromosomes)
Reply 98
Didn't get the got damn peat bog and I believe I made a mistake on the the P.E. question I think but apart from that in agreement :smile: did you have 9:3:4 for the ratios on the cross?

yup! was put off by it and started stressing while drawing out the cross, but when it all added to 16.....thank **** :smile:
Original post by wwwwwwwwwwwf
You had to add the energy from respiration and decomposers from the producers too (to the 2500)

But the energy used up in respiration and decomposers isn't part of the energy in photosynthates?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending