The Student Room Group

Official AQA A2 Law June 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Is the test in duress by threats Graham or Howe? I have both written
Does anyone know the factors affecting AO3 marks or how they're decided?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rust Cohle
Does anyone know the factors affecting AO3 marks or how they're decided?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the A03 the +5 marks? If so its quality of written communication (QwC) so like punctuation grammar and how clear your structure is
I've managed to learn one already after a few hours so doing at least two in a day is possible.

Perhaps work on a 5-7 min plan for each paragraph that you can memorise rather than to memorise the essay itself. Along with that, deliver your essay as a speech and deliver it with conviction, as if you really have a passion for what you've written - standing, pacing around, body language, looking at audience. Repeat a few times and naturally you won't need to look back at essay, save for a few trigger words - make note of these in plan.

Also don't forget to account for time in the exam where may not remember things (cumulative 5 mins)

I managed to do this for my morality paper this morning (which is 1000 words split into 7 paragraphs, 4.5 pages written, 45 mins written for reference).

Posted from TSR Mobile

You managed to learn the whole of law and morality in 2 hours?
Original post by NHM
It's cause justice has only not appeared once... I can remember an examiner coming into our SF and saying the reason it keeps repeating is because people keep doing so badly on it :/

Ah ok thanks
I've managed to learn one already after a few hours so doing at least two in a day is possible.

Perhaps work on a 5-7 min plan for each paragraph that you can memorise rather than to memorise the essay itself. Along with that, deliver your essay as a speech and deliver it with conviction, as if you really have a passion for what you've written - standing, pacing around, body language, looking at audience. Repeat a few times and naturally you won't need to look back at essay, save for a few trigger words - make note of these in plan.

Also don't forget to account for time in the exam where may not remember things (cumulative 5 mins)

I managed to do this for my morality paper this morning (which is 1000 words split into 7 paragraphs, 4.5 pages written, 45 mins written for reference).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would it be possible to send you a fault question and for you too mark it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your concepts is only 1000 words? How.
Do we need to talk about arson if its criminal damage? under 1(3) CDA 71? or 1(2) if life is endangered?
Original post by CT-3451
Do we need to talk about arson if its criminal damage? under 1(3) CDA 71? or 1(2) if life is endangered?

only if arson applies
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
only if arson applies

Thought so, any idea if we need include Bevans for Blackmail? (if it comes up)
Original post by CT-3451
Thought so, any idea if we need include Bevans for Blackmail? (if it comes up)

Only when stating that it has to be for some economic value
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Your concepts is only 1000 words? How.

Close attention to mark scheme and reports to know what's required vs superfluous to be concise. Also by using multiple essays found online together to form the basis of my essay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SunDun111
Would it be possible to send you a fault question and for you too mark it?

Sure I can look it over but I haven't yet gone through fault so can't give you full accuracy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sure I can look it over but I haven't yet gone through fault so can't give you full accuracy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you check this plan/essay that I've done for morality please? Think i've got everything but a second pair of eyes would be great!
I know fault is unlikely to come up, but is morality or balancing interests most likely?
Reply 475
Original post by bluefire66
I know fault is unlikely to come up, but is morality or balancing interests most likely?

Well fault, justice and judicial whatever it is were up last year... They aren't going to repeat all three at least one will be changed! They both could come up or just one? Who knows!
Original post by samgriff1998
Could you check this plan/essay that I've done for morality please? Think i've got everything but a second pair of eyes would be great!

From what I see it looks great, nice and thorough. One thing you might want to do is include reference to legal moralism vs libertarianism with respect to your examples of judicial decisions.

The last part in conclusion seems out of place and may be construed as offensive although it might be because this is just the plan so not fully developed.

A big thing it looks like your missing is a continued response as to whether should/should not coincide; your giving facts but there's no assertion it seems. Use your examples to show why they should.

Overall, I'd say you're looking at sound PCA for it since everything is well supported but the should/should not (missing from what I can see) needs work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 477
Yeah that's a big think with these essays you need to link them directly to the title!
For anyone doing the morals essay

What is the case (Brown) about sadomastic acts trying to say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harriet1998
For anyone doing the morals essay

What is the case (Brown) about sadomastic acts trying to say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That some people may see the act as immoral while others won't. Some people may not see it as immoral as it doesn't involve them therefore they are not bothered about it being done. For example Hart would say it's fine to do as individuals are free to do what they like in private, while Devlin would say that it was right for the law to intervene etc.

Quick Reply

Latest