The Student Room Group

God

Guys,Do anyone believe in GOD?
But in my opinion, my God is JESUS CHRIST and I believe him.

Please, people, believe god?u know scientific everything wrong only God and bible is right
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

God is fake.
/thread.
Reply 2
Original post by Scienceisgood
God is fake.
/thread.

never,but that's your opinion and its wrong
Reply 3
God is fake.
/thread.

Original post by anojan

This question doesn't necessarily reflect my view here, but can you prove why it's wrong?
I believe in grammar.
Original post by anojan

Just because everyone believes a lie, it doesn't make it any more true. =l
Original post by mil88
This question doesn't necessarily reflect my view here, but can you prove why it's wrong?

I can tell you why I think it's wrong.

The only proof anyone can provide is subjective. That's not what truth is. The evidence should be peer reviewed and tested repeatedly, like the scientific method.

Now Do I think the the Universe is complex and how interesting it all links together? Yes, It's hard not to see an other force at work here.
Original post by HelpusPleasus

The only proof anyone can provide is subjective. That's not what truth is. The evidence should be peer reviewed and tested repeatedly, like the scientific method.

Now Do I think the the Universe is complex and how interesting it all links together? Yes, It's hard not to see an other force at work here.

How do you know the universe is complex in the grand scheme of things?
Perhaps humans are just a REALLY simple thing in a simple universe but, where our minds can only comprehend so much, we perceive it as complex?

"Subjective proof" isn't exactly useful here. Would you not agree that if one would prove something, the proof should objective?
How do you know the universe is complex in the grand scheme of things?
Perhaps humans are just a REALLY simple thing in a simple universe but, where our minds can only comprehend so much, we perceive it as complex?

No I don't believe that's the case. We know the universe stretches forever and has been around for 13.8 Billion years. It's expanding at an ever increasing rate using what no one knows.
We're made of billions of atoms but in them sub atomic particles both exist and do not exist. Do not have a position but have a momentum.

The Universe is complex. Second would be our brains.

Does such a comprehension limit exist? Yes and No, I mean look at how far we can look and understand on the scales. But can you visualise Nothing? Can you visualise Maths? No that's clearly a limit but we can overcome it, eventually.

Original post by mil88
"Subjective proof" isn't exactly useful here. Would you not agree that if one would prove something, the proof should objective?

Isn't that what I said?
Original post by XOR_
I believe in grammar.

u mean u belief in grammar
Original post by EastGuava
u mean u belief in grammar

No I don't believe that's the case. We know the universe stretches forever and has been around for 13.8 Billion years. It's expanding at an ever increasing rate using what no one knows.
We're made of billions of atoms but in them sub atomic particles both exist and do not exist. Do not have a position but have a momentum.

The Universe is complex. Second would be our brains.

Does such a comprehension limit exist? Yes and No, I mean look at how far we can look and understand on the scales. But can you visualise Nothing? Can you visualise Maths? No that's clearly a limit but we can overcome it, eventually.

Isn't that what I said?

That's the thing, we are basing the universe's age off things INSIDE the universe which makes the logic flawed. That's like saying a circle is round based off a circle and not having a second opinion, say a square. I know that seems a bit abstract but, you can't guess something's age without having something ELSE to compare it to, however, the problem remains we only have one universe.

So, belief and proof are two VERY different things. =l
Original post by XOR_
But in my opinion my God is JESUS CHRIST and I believe him.
Any person with mental capability to think beyond will know there must be a creator. Who is it ? No one knows and wether this creator calls himself god or allah and has hell and heaven like people claim or wether we are just a bunch of machines who are worthless to him and just recycle nutrients. The fact there is some sort of creator can't be denied.
Original post by EastGuava
But in my opinion my God is JESUS CHRIST and I believe him.

believe god?u know scientific everything wrong only God and bible is right
Original post by koolgurl14
The fact there is some sort of creator can't be denied.

Lol it isn't a fact and yes it can be denied :lol:

I shouldn't be wasting my time by even entertaining this and I know it's probably just going to kill my brain cells, but if you make a claim like that you need proper, solid evidence. And no, a book isn't proper solid evidence.
That's the thing, we are basing the universe's age off things INSIDE the universe which makes the logic flawed. That's like saying a circle is round based off a circle and not having a second opinion, say a square. I know that seems a bit abstract but, you can't guess something's age without having something ELSE to compare it to, however, the problem remains we only have one universe.

So, belief and proof are two VERY different things. =l

Well uh, The ever constant speed of Light is what it's based on?
Is there something outside the Observable universe- yes. And no. Again at that point it's speculation but based on hypothesis.

The Belief is subjective and based on us but proof is the explanation.

I believe the universe is 13.8 Billions years old based on the proof- we receive light and we can do the maths which works.

I don't agree we need another universe to see what ours is though. That's silly. It's like saying we need to go to another planet to learn about the one we are on.
We don't. That's ridiculous. you do experiments to see the inside of the object you are in.

"The best thing about science is it's true whether or not you believe it" Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
My relationship with God at the moment is very complicated. I'm neither there or here... I think, well I believe I know a God exists due to experiences I've had that are quite paranormal. Since I was a child I had weird contact with extraterrestrial beings and things. It's too weird to get into but I think it wanted to be known whether or not it was 'good'.
So I believe God exists, I certainly believe in life after death and beings on different planets. I even believe in Jesus Christ and if I had to pick out of the religions it would be Christianity because Jesus, the person who was described in the bible is just so beautiful and captivating. I love it. When it comes to God though, I'm not sure of his nature and his true essence. It's possible that the religions we have today are wrong about God and his purpose. I identity as a Christian most of the time but as I said, it's extremely complicated in terms of what I believe and do not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending