The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century B7 C7 P7 - W/C - Monday 20th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Whheres the motivation for P7, someone tell me cuz i cant find it.
Original post by NiamhM1801
Oh that's reassuring! And I know thank god - no more chemistry ever!! :biggrin:

Oh that's really reassuring! Thank you :smile:

Good! It was a lot nicer than I thought it would be, which was so relieving. Better than last year's :smile:

I found it easier than last year's. I got 48-50 in last year's and think possibly 52 in today's. I much preferred these 6 markers weirdly.

I'm the opposite then! For the 2015 paper, I got 54-55/60. This paper wasn't too different, I think I may have got 51-52/60 today. I answered that concentration six marker like you did! I was worried I was wrong but a lot agreed how we did it. :smile:
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
I'm the opposite then! For the 2015 paper, I got 54-55/60. This paper wasn't too different, I think I may have got 51-52/60 today. I answered that concentration six marker like you did! I was worried I was wrong but a lot agreed how we did it. :smile:

Ah, well it's still a really good score!
And yeah that's good as my friend completely disagreed with me!
Original post by NiamhM1801
Ah, well it's still a really good score!
And yeah that's good as my friend completely disagreed with me!

Anyway, good luck with P7! Probably the most interesting out of the 7's!
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Anyway, good luck with P7! Probably the most interesting out of the 7's!

Thanks, you too :smile:
And yeah definitely!
Any P7 predictions?
Reply 246
Does anyone have the P7 2015 paper?
Hello.... It's me; not that you know who I am... I'm just a faceless man

I'll get hold of that paper today and attach it on here.
Anyone recommend any YouTube Channel that goes through P7 ?Can't seem to find any. Thanks.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Anyone recommend any YouTube Channel that goes through P7 ?Can't seem to find any. Thanks.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

Try Bartholomew Science, also Primrose Kitten has a couple of videos.
Original post by bonnie_x
Try Bartholomew Science, also Primrose Kitten has a couple of videos.

Thanks.

Guys the point P7.2.4 and 5 on the specification:

describe how refraction leads to the formation of an image by a convex/converging lens

understand and draw diagrams to show how convex/converging lenses bring parallel light to a focus

For either of these do I need to know the stuff about changing mediums causing the light to bend away and towards the normal??? This is in the CGP guide but I'm a bit confused as to whether I need to draw the initial parallel light to the middle of the lens and then account the refraction, or do this as soon as the ray enters and leaves the glass. I know how to do both btw -- just unsure when to use each.
Anybody be able to shine some light (lol -- get it) on this please???
Reply 252
Original post by Username1502
Guys the point P7.2.4 and 5 on the specification:

describe how refraction leads to the formation of an image by a convex/converging lens

understand and draw diagrams to show how convex/converging lenses bring parallel light to a focus

For either of these do I need to know the stuff about changing mediums causing the light to bend away and towards the normal??? This is in the CGP guide but I'm a bit confused as to whether I need to draw the initial parallel light to the middle of the lens and then account the refraction, or do this as soon as the ray enters and leaves the glass. I know how to do both btw -- just unsure when to use each.
Anybody be able to shine some light (lol -- get it) on this please???

Just use the rules to show how light is focused - also for parallel light you just show how light converges
Anyone know what it means on the spec by 'describe ways in which astronomers work with local or remote telescopes' :colondollar:

Also, can anyone explain line spectra? :s-smilie:
What sort of marks are people aiming for/ hoping to get in this paper?
Can anyone explain why concave mirrors are better than converging lenses in astronomical telescopes?
Original post by rebbarn29
Can anyone explain why concave mirrors are better than converging lenses in astronomical telescopes?

They're:

- cheaper to make
- easier to make more accurately
- unlikely to cause chromatic aberration like lenses are
Thank you! What is chromatic aberration? Is it the dispertion of light?

Original post by Username1502
They're:

- cheaper to make
- easier to make more accurately
- unlikely to cause chromatic aberration like lenses are
Original post by rebbarn29
Thank you! What is chromatic aberration? Is it the dispertion of light?

Chromatic aberration is when a lens can't bring all colours of light to the same focus. The images below show how different colours of light are dealt with a perfect lens, (top image) and with chromatric abearration (bottom image)!

Thank you! This is really helpful :smile:

Original post by Speedbird129
Chromatic aberration is when a lens can't bring all colours of light to the same focus. The images below show how different colours of light are dealt with a perfect lens, (top image) and with chromatric abearration (bottom image)!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending