The Student Room Group

Getting her back a guy in need!

Guys I need your help /advice .... Me and my girlfriend split up around 6 weeks ago which kind of came out of the blue. I did the whole texting asking to give it another go and she said she would consider it and thinks she wants to give it another shot. However last weekend she text me saying that she dosent have the same feelings for me anymore but wants to remain friends as she still cares for me etc etc.

Now I know most people will say forget about it and move on however a part of me just can't let go and really wants to try and make it happen again as we had so much in common and just clicked straight away. Can anyone give any advice?

Thanks
It's not going to happen, get over it.
Reply 2
Original post by conrobcfc
Guys I need your help /advice .... Me and my girlfriend split up around 6 weeks ago which kind of came out of the blue. I did the whole texting asking to give it another go and she said she would consider it and thinks she wants to give it another shot. However last weekend she text me saying that she dosent have the same feelings for me anymore but wants to remain friends as she still cares for me etc etc.

Now I know most people will say forget about it and move on however a part of me just can't let go and really wants to try and make it happen again as we had so much in common and just clicked straight away. Can anyone give any advice?

Thanks
You know what you should do.

No contact is your only real option here.

Thanks

Well, seriously if she wants to be friends, then be friends, but i just find it so weird that she wanted to be with u but suddenly she said no, anyway yh i think that u should just try and keep ur mind away from her for a while, if she really loves u she will come back to u dont worry :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Thanks

You felt you had so much in common and you clicked straight away. She clearly did not.

There is nothing you can do here, a relationship is not a democracy and either party can choose to end things at any time. She has done so. I suggest you respect her decision and move on.

Incidentally she's far more likely to consider ever trying things again with you if you handle things maturely and respect her decision rather than ignoring her wishes and trying to cling onto what is already gone and lost.
Reply 5
She says that she cares for me but I didn't give her the time to think about things after it happened by suggesting that we meet up.... We suggested I should do a summer camp with her in August ..... I am thinking about going for NC for a few weeks then seeing how things pan out from there!?
She says that she cares for me but I didn't give her the time to think about things after it happened by suggesting that we meet up.... We suggested I should do a summer camp with her in August ..... I am thinking about going for NC for a few weeks then seeing how things pan out from there!?

This footnote doesn't change my advice in the slightest. Of course she "cares for you", she's not a robot. I care for my dog, however I don't want to be in a relationship with him.
Reply 7
Original post by Elivercury
This footnote doesn't change my advice in the slightest. Of course she "cares for you", she's not a robot. I care for my dog, however I don't want to be in a relationship with him.

Is there anything I can do to remind her of the amazing conversation we used to have even when I was at the other side of the world and the feelings we had when I first came home!?
Is there anything I can do to remind her of the amazing conversation we used to have even when I was at the other side of the world and the feelings we had when I first came home!?

No.

Quick Reply

Latest