The Student Room Group

I voted Remain

Scroll to see replies

If we vote leave then that's it... We can't change our mind and be part of the EU again unlike with prime minister every 4 years you re-vote... This is a ONE way ticket so vote REMAIN!!! :biggrin:
Original post by SteveDogg23
Well clearly those leaders are just acting in their own best interests. Leave is for the PEOPLE

So its in David Cameron and Jeremy Corbyn's best interest to be controlled and bullied by something?

Good job, you just contradicted yourself
Original post by TSRFT8
You are 16 you cant even vote shut up now.

Also why are you lying this is what you said and i quote;

At no point is the word "increased" mentioned, you are implying this is what they will ALL do.

Freedom of speech!!!!!!! And I apologize, I thought I put the word increased. I don't mean to imply that at all.
Original post by alevelstresss
So its in David Cameron and Jeremy Corbyn's best interest to be controlled and bullied by something?

Good job, you just contradicted yourself

David cameron will be kicked out if leave wins! Maybe now you'll see why he had the change of heart!
David cameron will be kicked out if leave wins! Maybe now you'll see why he had the change of heart!

Kicked out and replaced by even more far-right politicians, who have less credibility on the international stage. As bad as Cameron has been, I think he represents Britain with a certain maturity that Bojo / Farage / Gove couldn't.
Voting out is a silly thing to do. Even the language used by brexit was targeted at losers... It spoke about "taking control," and "building an optimistic future" for yourself. These are things you say to losers: to people who feel they have no control, or a gloomy future. It's the language of crap self-help books in airport bookshops. You can better than that. Vote remain.
Original post by cookie123456789
Bad decision. I am quite frankly appalled by you. You could have just contributed to the destruction of the UK. Well done.
You just voted for increased rape and terrorism, a worse off NHS, no border control, a dictatorial rule under the autocratic EU and an extreme loss of money which goes to the EU when it could be used to make the UK a much better place. You had a chance to make a positive difference. What a waste of a vote.

Er... I kind of regret giving you advice for your summer holiday now, Jesus.
Original post by cookie123456789
I am just saying that there will be INCREASED levels of rape and terrorism... that doesn't mean ALL migrants will be like that?!
I am 16. Ignorant?! I don't think so

Ah yes. The Leave supporter. Making grand assumptions that if we remain in the EU then the demise of the country will happen in front of our very eyes almost instantaneously.

Saying '...but not all migrants' does not make you sound any less xenophobic, but by all means, keep on digging that hole of yours.

(p.s. please don't suggest that because you're 16 you're not ignorant. You will look back on yourself in a few years and want to punch 16-year-old-you in the face.)
Original post by folieadeux
Ah yes. The Leave supporter. Making grand assumptions that if we remain in the EU then the demise of the country will happen in front of our very eyes almost instantaneously.

Saying '...but not all migrants' does not make you sound any less xenophobic, but by all means, keep on digging that hole of yours.

(p.s. please don't suggest that because you're 16 you're not ignorant. You will look back on yourself in a few years and want to punch 16-year-old-you in the face.)

Oh fine then.
Original post by saladays
Er... I kind of regret giving you advice for your summer holiday now, Jesus.

Spoiler

It won't happen instantaneously, but it will happen nonetheless.

Sherlock said it best.

Oooh look another typical remain supporter, cannot string together a proper argument!
Oooh look another typical remain supporter, cannot string together a proper argument!

Says the person who agrees with the argument that an increase in migration will undoubtedly result in increased crime. You're hardly one to criticize logic.
Says the person who agrees with the argument that an increase in migration will undoubtedly result in increased crime. You're hardly one to criticize logic.

I didn't say that though? However, an increase in migration will put strain on public services. You won't be laughing when all the turkish immigrants arrive and make you feel like a stranger in your own country... but carry on in your closed - minded delusional state.
I didn't say that though? However, an increase in migration will put strain on public services. You won't be laughing when all the turkish immigrants arrive and make you feel like a stranger in your own country... but carry on in your closed - minded delusional state.

(Original post by folieadeux)

Try again.

I agree that there needs to be limits on immigration, but I don't think leaving the EU is the best way to do it. If people want to come here, then they're going to come at whatever cost. Someone from Turkey, as long as they make an honest living and contribute to the system, is just as entitled to improve their quality of life as a born-and-bred Brit. We can't help where we're born. I hope that if/when Turkish immigrants arrive, I will be able to welcome them and help them integrate into British society. If you're suggesting that we should endorse a Trumpian immigration policy to 'protect ourselves', then I'm afraid that makes you the closed-minded one.
(Original post by folieadeux)

(p.s. please don't suggest that because you're 16 you're not ignorant. You will look back on yourself in a few years and want to punch 16-year-old-you in the face.)It won't happen instantaneously, but it will happen nonetheless.

Try again.

I agree that there needs to be limits on immigration, but I don't think leaving the EU is the best way to do it. If people want to come here, then they're going to come at whatever cost. Someone from Turkey, as long as they make an honest living and contribute to the system, is just as entitled to improve their quality of life as a born-and-bred Brit. We can't help where we're born. I hope that if/when Turkish immigrants arrive, I will be able to welcome them and help them integrate into British society. If you're suggesting that we should endorse a Trumpian immigration policy to 'protect ourselves', then I'm afraid that makes you the closed-minded one.

But the point is, we CAN'T have an immigration control system without leaving the EU. I really have tried to consider both points of view, but leave just makes so much more sense in my opinion.
But the point is, we CAN'T have an immigration control system without leaving the EU. I really have tried to consider both points of view, but leave just makes so much more sense in my opinion.

I found this to be a good read. You might too.
I found this to be a good read. You might too.

It seems to be written by a foreigner though, how can i trust it
Looks like TSR has a strong remain group. No surprise. Lots of youngsters on here who thankfully can't vote. Lots of people of colour on here. Lots of liberals on the web. But real life is a different situation. :colone: Leavers are standing strong dammit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending