The Student Room Group

If I got these As results, how badly will they affect my chances of getting offers.

I'm planning to do compsci and maths.
My prediction of the grades I got
A- Maths
A -Further Maths
B- Computer science
C/D -Physics

Ofcourse I will drop physics and both physics and computer science are linear courses. I'm planning to apply for uni's that ask for 3A's + at A level . I am also doing step next year.
Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
pls
I did different subjects to you (all humanities) and got BBBCC last year. I applied to courses that asked for AAB-ABB, after asking to be predicted AAB (I was close to the grade boundaries and did some solid coursework) and got all 5 offers. Obviously it depends on where you apply and which course, but you might be alright.

Wait until results day - you'll probably have surprised yourself. Try not to worry yourself too much. If it goes terribly, then you can always resit. Good luck!
As long as you are predicted those grades at A2, you should be fine.

They look at more than just your grades. Make sure your personal statement stands out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Thanks - for the insight
Original post by Kawaii289
I'm planning to do compsci and maths.
My prediction of the grades I got
A- Maths
A -Further Maths
B- Computer science
C/D -Physics

Ofcourse I will drop physics and both physics and computer science are linear courses. I'm planning to apply for uni's that ask for 3A's + at A level . I am also doing step next year.

Honestly don't worry about it. I got AABC last year, and I got 5 offers overall, with 3 of them RG and 3 of them asking for AAA. They don't just focus on the grades. Your personal statement also matters (some people think I got my offers because of it), and extracurriculars do sort of matter? Even though I didn't have any.
Reply 7
just an update. Got AAAC (C in physics). Going to apply for a remark as I am 1 mark off a B.
Thanks for the support guys.

Quick Reply

Latest