The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 4 (ECON4) June 23rd OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Marshal-Turner condition...lol what?

this revision sheet is heavily flawed in A2 content and definitions are sloppily answered. Would not recommend anyone to use this nonsense. 3/10
how did it go boys?
I did context 1, essay 1, I felt it went decent but I have a habit of swaying off topic and writing bs :redface:
Reply 183
I ****ed it
Original post by HCLx
I ****ed it

what happened?
What did you say for the 25 marker context 1 ?
Reply 186
Those of you who did Context 2, for the calculation question, did you get 22000 something euros?
Original post by Alextaylor6
I did context 1, essay 1, I felt it went decent but I have a habit of swaying off topic and writing bs :redface:

Yeah I did the same and feel the same lol. For the 15 marker and 25 marker I felt like I kept writing the same things about budget deficit. What was your points?
People that did context 2 for the upturn question did u say an increase in growth of euro economies cause demand for exports in spain to rise so export led growth causes reduced unemployment?
Reply 189
Original post by Alextaylor6
what happened?

I did context 2 and half my essay was about what supply side policies could be used rather than demand vs supply policies, think I fixed it after but I chatted ****.

Also I did essay 2 and started talking about deflation but the data said the uk was NOT in a period of deflation so I ****ed that as well, rushed the other half and then my conclusion was ropey.

Goodbye A :frown: :frown: I'm seriously depressed it felt like there was nothing on it I prepared for
Original post by HCLx
I did context 2 and half my essay was about what supply side policies could be used rather than demand vs supply policies, think I fixed it after but I chatted ****.

Also I did essay 2 and started talking about deflation but the data said the uk was NOT in a period of deflation so I ****ed that as well, rushed the other half and then my conclusion was ropey.

Goodbye A :frown: :frown: I'm seriously depressed it felt like there was nothing on it I prepared for

The essay did talk about deflation? The 15 marker said give the causes of inflation. And in the 25 marker, it said the consequences of it being below the target which means it could be deflation...That's evaluation. The questions aren't rigid and you're not obligated to use that information they gave you lol. Dw.
Reply 191
Original post by High Stakes
The essay did talk about deflation? The 15 marker said give the causes of inflation. And in the 25 marker, it said the consequences of it being below the target which means it could be deflation...That's evaluation. The questions aren't rigid and you're not obligated to use that information they gave you lol. Dw.

I really hope you're right!!! Idk if I'm over thinking it but I don't feel confident at all right now, hopefully I wrote enough BS to accumulate some good marks!! Evaluation was lacking though 😩😩 Spose I won't know until August
Original post by Barthelemy
What did you say for the 25 marker context 1 ?

Arguments for:
Managed reduces volatility keeps exchange rate stable and can lead to increased levels of investment, productivity etc
Can allow uk firms to be more competitive if it is managed above current rate, dependent on ped of imports/exports. Marshall Lerner condition and j curve.
Arguments against:
Interest rates still useful, low interest rate encourage consumption and investment, boost AD, less attractive for foreign savers therefore less demand for pounds, depreciates exchange rate possible benefits of exports increasing. However negative interest rates in Europe show that low interest rates may no longer work in reflating debt ridden countries.
Evaluation:
Will other countries move to managed rates?
Is the resources used to manage the rate worth the benefits? Opportunity cost
Original post by zedqr
Those of you who did Context 2, for the calculation question, did you get 22000 something euros?

Yep :smile:
Reply 194
Considering the lack of revision I did that was a pretty peng paper
Original post by KittyKat97x
Yep :smile:

I got 22752.68817 which I rounded to 22753
Original post by zedqr

yaaaasss

i thought the 15 marker was causes of deflation.... well ****.
Original post by czj1997
i thought the 15 marker was causes of deflation.... well ****.

No it was, I just got autocorrected dw. LOL.

What? Isn't it about the causes of deflation???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending