The Student Room Group

BREAKING: GUNMAN SHOOTING in cinema in Germany

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TercioOfParma
Could potentially be a man with a cap gun attempting suicide by cop then.

Yeah that's probably the case then.
Original post by MrDystopia
Also said now that it's unclear if it was even a real gun (Which would lend to the idea no one was hurt by the gunman).

Yep... Reports that it was long barrelled rifle but unclear if real. Then there are conflicting reports that he fired 4 shots when taking hostages. So unsure what truth is.
Original post by Quantex
Yep... Reports that it was long barrelled rifle but unclear if real. Then there are conflicting reports that he fired 4 shots when taking hostages. So unsure what truth is.

Reuters:
"German police spokeswoman confirms gunman in cinema is dead, no people injured".
if the reports are true, its great that no one was injured
Original post by Think People
The man who did the attack was apparently "radical terrorist". Ofcourse Trump will get more support , he's the only president that openly said he would control whos coming in and out of the country and build a wall around mexico etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But he didn't... his support dropped. check the facts. Last month he was neck and neck with Clinton, now Clinton is leading by a decent margin

@Hydeman

Original post by Think People
he's the only president that openly said he would control whos coming in and out of the country and build a wall around mexico etc.

He's not a president...
DPD (German news agency): likely not terrorist related according to "sources"

Not that that stops people speculating on motives or using this for their own political means.
Great news everyone, no one was killed or injured!
Original post by MildredMalone
source?

Twitter,habibi
This can go two ways

1. If it is NOT a muslim , the media wont mention his religion but will make it seem as if the muslim migrants are to blame .
2. If it IS a muslim , the media will go crazy so will everyone on TSR.
Not gonna lie the idea he was pergida or a white nationalist sounds plausible enough.

My initial thoughts were far right wing nationalist, as a response to recent events
Original post by Abdifarah
This can go two ways

1. If it is NOT a muslim , the media wont mention his religion but will make it seem as if the muslim migrants are to blame .

The murderer of Joe Cox wasn't a Muslim. Stop with your victim complex

Also, the vast majority of mass shootings (and more recently police shootings) in the US gets extensive media coverage. Muslim or otherwise. Your theory doesn't match up to reality

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zargabaath
My initial thoughts were far right wing nationalist, as a response to recent events

Honestly, my first thoughts were islamist, although far right nut job was a close second.
Reply 132
You bring that up without even showing concern for the victims. You're actually disgusting

I don't see much concern for the victims in this post either but you didn't bring them up on it -

Original post by Anthony Ludovici
Did the religion of peace make a peace again?

Doh.

Anyway, reports suggesting the only injuries here were from the tear gas and the shooter is dead, really relieved to hear one of these situations had a happy ending for once and no evidence to suggest it was an attempted terrorist attack thus far.
Original post by Quantex
DPD (German news agency): likely not terrorist related according to "sources"

Not that that stops people speculating on motives or using this for their own political means.

So the word terrorist is only used when the perpetrator is a Muslim ?. How is that not terrorist related? A man opens fire on innocent civilians in a cinema .
This can go two ways

If he killed in the name of that religion it will definitely be mentioned. I don't understand why people can't understand this. They don't name his religion for shits and giggles, they name it because that was the motive.
Most Muslim murderers aren't publicised as that because they don't kill in the name of Islam. Those who do, are.
So the word terrorist is only used when the perpetrator is a Muslim ?. How is that not terrorist related? A man opens fire on innocent civilians in a cinema .

You may want to familiarise yourself with the definition of terrorism and, among others, Anders Brevik, The IRA, Red Army Faction, ETA. All of which were not Muslim but are generally considered terrorists/terror organisations.

Also not every shooting is terror related. Columbine, Virgina Tech, etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chemting
The murderer of Joe Cox wasn't a Muslim. Stop with your victim complex

Also, the vast majority of mass shootings (and more recently police shootings) in the US gets extensive media coverage. Muslim or otherwise. Your theory doesn't work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So your telling me the mass shootings in Orlando had the same media coverage as the other 135 mass shootings which have occurred in the past 6 months? I am certain the majority of the public wouldn't know of any mass shootings that happened this year apart from what happened in Orlando.
Original post by Olie
I don't see much concern for the victims in this post either but you didn't bring them up on it -

My post was typed out and posted before those replies had come up on my screen. TSR doesn't update in real time.
The poster I replied to was the first to bring Islam up and everyone else followed

Honestly, my first thoughts were islamist, although far right nut job was a close second.

It's because it was in Germany, I thought it was in response to the Middle Eastern influx into Germany.
Original post by Quantex
You may want to familiarise yourself with the definition of terrorism and, among others, Anders Brevik, The IRA, Red Army Faction, ETA. All of which were not Muslim but are generally considered terrorists/terror organisations.

Also not every shooting is terror related. Columbine, Virgina Tech, etc.

Is somebody who opened fire in a cinema filled with civilians a terrorist or not ?
My post was typed out and posted before those replies had come up on my screen. TSR doesn't update in real time.
The poster I replied to was the first to bring Islam up and everyone else followed

It's because it was in Germany, I thought it was in response to the Middle Eastern influx into Germany.

I can see it, but I expected it to be an islamist due to the lack of decorum a subset of the migrants have been demonstrating, as well as what a lot of islamic preachers have said.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending