The Student Room Group

Latest YouGov polls - Remain back in lead by 1%

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
Another of those annoying facts to consider.

Before joining the EU the UK had slowest growth of G7. Since joining EU it has the highest.

Attachment not found

Posted from TSR Mobile

You forgot to include the proof that the EU was the cause and not, for instance, the total overhaul of the UK economy under Thatcher (which made it flexible) or its very significant development of the non-EU markets into trade surplus (and nothing to do with the EU).
Original post by Tempest II
I agree that, for example, 35% percent of the vote with a 65-70% turnout isn't exactly a majority (for all political parties) which is why I wouldn't oppose making voting mandatory as long as there was a "None of the Above/You'll all Rubbish" box.

It's called spoiling your ballot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Good bloke
You forgot to include the proof that the EU was the cause and not, for instance, the total overhaul of the UK economy under Thatcher (which made it flexible) or its very significant development of the non-EU markets into trade surplus (and nothing to do with the EU).

Perhaps, and being in the EU didn't hinder it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Perhaps, and being in the EU didn't hinder it.

No. I'm sorry.That link to your proof didn't work. Can you correct it and post again please?
No. I'm sorry.That link to your proof didn't work. Can you correct it and post again please?

The contention is the UK has done well since 1973. Prove it hasn't. Or prove the EU has hindered it and it would have done better outside the EU.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
The contention is the UK has done well since 1973. Prove it hasn't. Or prove the EU has hindered it and it would have done better outside the EU.

Is that how it works? One person makes an unfounded claim and everyone else has to find proof that it is wrong, with the result, If they don't manage to, that the claim is accepted as fact? Is that how things are taught in modern British universities?

Are you sure?
Is that how it works? One person makes an unfounded claim and everyone else has to find proof that it is wrong, with the result, If they don't manage to, that the claim is accepted as fact? Is that how things are taught in modern British universities?

Are you sure?

What was my unfounded claim? Read the OP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
What was my unfounded claim? Read the OP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah! So we'll leave half-claims and implications hanging, challenge people who ask for proof to provide their own proof of the opposite and hope to leave people with the impression that the original "non-claim" is true, eh?

Nice try.
Ah! So we'll leave half-claims and implications hanging, challenge people who ask for proof to provide their own proof of the opposite and hope to leave people with the impression that the original "non-claim" is true, eh?

Nice try.

Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Another of those annoying facts to consider.

Before joining the EU the UK had slowest growth of G7. Since joining EU it has the highest.

Attachment not found

Posted from TSR Mobile

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

And it's hardly surprising that the only thing remainers consider is GDP figures, because apparently that is the only metric of things being good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
Post hoc ergo propter hoc

Propter post. But have you considered the following?

Caesar adsum jam forte
Brutus aderat
Caesar sic in omnibus
Brutus sic in at

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending