The Student Room Group

BREAKING: GUNMAN SHOOTING in cinema in Germany

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdifarah
Is somebody who opened fire in a cinema filled with civilians a terrorist or not ?

Not necessarily, only if they want political change.
Is somebody who opened fire in a cinema filled with civilians a terrorist or not ?

If it wasn't politically or religiously motivated, no.
Original post by TercioOfParma
I can see it, but I expected it to be an islamist due to the lack of decorum a subset of the migrants have been demonstrating, as well as what a lot of islamic preachers have said.

Yeah that would've been my second thought, first if it was anywhere else in Europe
Original post by Zargabaath
Yeah that would've been my second thought, first if it was anywhere else in Europe

I was under the impression than right wing politics was a massive taboo in Germany, which made me a little doubtful.
Reply 144
Such a tragedy. The world is a cruel place.
R.I.P innocent victims, may God have mercy on their souls.
Original post by sh9

Only 1 person died, and that was the gunman. Thank god.
Original post by sh9

Hold your horses, there have been no reports of fatalities.
I was under the impression than right wing politics was a massive taboo in Germany, which made me a little doubtful.

If anything, that suppression would lead to even more frustration to erupt into an attack like this. I don't think the massive taboo on right wing politics is a good thing, but I'm not really surprised at it of course going by German history
So your telling me the mass shootings in Orlando had the same media coverage as the other 135 mass shootings which have occurred in the past 6 months? I am certain the majority of the public wouldn't know of any mass shootings that happened this year apart from what happened in Orlando.

Well a mass shooting by a jumped up redneck killing four people in a random desert town in the middle of Alabama or Missisipi isn't quite comparable. It's disingenuous and misleading to even try.
Mass shootings of similar scales as Orlando (though it has to be noted that the Orlando shooting was one if the worst) had similar coverage. I'll grant you that the angle that different media outlets covered them are different for Orlando, sure. But that doesn't mean others of similar scales haven't been extensively covered

Posted from TSR Mobile
All the talk about politics, forgetting that 50 people have been injured trying to enjoy themselves.
Original post by Anthony Ludovici
Did the religion of peace make a peace again?

Doh.

Original post by MildredMalone
Has it even been confirmed the perp is a muslim? I mean, it probably is, but do we know?

The attacker had a mental instability. He was very likely not to be a Muslim from the descriptions I have heard so far.

Germany have definitely been cucking themselves due to living under the shadow of the NSDAP, but more and more people refuse to continue this, and want to move on from having to constantly be the country to appear at the forefront of progressive ideals and proving they have changed.
This was not a Muslim. It was a mentally unstable person who did this. Also, there are reports that the gun was handmade and that it shoots tear gas.
Original post by Ladbants
This was not a Muslim. It was a mentally unstable person who did this. Also, there are reports that the gun was handmade and that it shoots tear gas.

Source for the "mentally unstable" part?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathemagicien
Why is it that almost all the small shooting incidents are just your average nutcase, but all the large incidents are Islamists? Are the Islamists just much more competent at killing people?

did you miss the Utoya massacre where your average nutcase killed 70 people? most kills of a single person of any mass shooting ever.

Appearing confused doesn't necessarily mean mentally unstable. He could well have had a political agenda but when it came to the heat of the moment, he may have gotten nervous (not that its a bad thing this happened).

In all probability, it is much more likely that he was a mentally unstable person, but I don't think there's anything concrete to prove anything at this point.
(edited 7 years ago)
5 years ago - and since then, we have had plenty of attacks by normal nutcases and Islamists, and AFAIK only the Islamists achieved large numbers of casualties.

:rolleyes:
Why is it that almost all the small shooting incidents are just your average nutcase, but all the large incidents are Islamists? Are the Islamists just much more competent at killing people?

Type of weapon, access to weapon, level of planning, location of attack and training has a lot to do with it.

This is interesting... https://youtu.be/GiQuCdv3A98
Original post by alevelstresss
did you miss the Utoya massacre where your average nutcase killed 70 people? most kills of a single person of any mass shooting ever.

You're aware of the insane level of planning brevik went to right? He wasn't your average crazy.

Islamic terrorists are better at killing?

I don't see why it matters since the motive to kill is still there in either situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending